• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Then link it.

I don't need another link to a post from you. You said this is the source and linked yourself. It sounds like you're not credible.
Link the study, that's a basic principle. Otherwise, you're committing plagiarism.

Blah blah... If you read the post I linked to (to drive the point you haven't even taken a second to read the thread), the paper was referenced. There were only three lines. Take a second, slow down and read before you fly off the handle.

But here's your google search for you, in case you aren't able to copy and paste. ( The Relationship of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to IQ Level and the Fluid and Crystallized IQ Discrepancy on the Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test (KAIT). )

On a side note, the 16 types are not reflected on the functions alone. To depict intelligence on IQ is not conclusive. To link the function 'Ne' is not conclusive. In doing that, you are putting ENTP's and ENFP's in the same category. They're different. Same goes for all of the other functions. Also, the functions aren't singular identities, they all work together. Splitting them apart separates your accuracy in explaining a person's thoughts/behaviors. In short, your study is wrong.

1) No functions were listed in that tally.
2) The factors are considered independently. Like any other paper worth it's salt. Like any other instrument. (NEO, for example, since I'll assume you've read a paper that used that)
3) Functions may work together, or not, but since it has nothing to do with what I posted (or the paper), how the instrument tests and the correlations being talked about, it's irrelevent here.
4) In short, you don't really have a point to make and are just being antagonistic.

And wow, the rest of what you said shows that you barely even looked at the chart, nevermind the paper...

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, that makes sense. According to your source: "Mean Fluid, Crystallized, and Composite IQs for the four groups were about 110 for IN, 107 for EN, 101 for IS, and 100 for ES."

Mine's 120. This statement reflects the overall results better than the chart did.

Neuro

MBTI Type
INFP
My ENTP boss told me the other day about his father who is suffering from Alzheimer's. He is around 70 years old.
He went to see his doctor for some tests (not sure what they were), and got the highest score ever recorded in Australia. The doctor then asked him if he could give him an iq test. His score:190.:nice:
My boss was laughing because when they got home, his father kept boasting about being a genius. He took a hot pie out of the oven with his hands, and because he couldn't get rid of it fast enough ended up burning himself. My boss was laughing, saying "genius, yeah right".

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
before i say anything at all, please don't get offended by any of what i have to say. i am speaking in general. if you are an exception to the rule, i cannot argue against that.

personally, i think that N>S and T>F. well, at least having one of them makes you a smarter type. having both might not mean jack. maybe that's just me trying to be a more intelligent type :D.

i've started S vs N intelligence threads before. all N types in the literature have said to be 'typically bright'. i think that's no coincidence. we force ourselves to think outside the box and that builds nice neuro pathways or whatever. to me it's like training up a certain muscle. if your biceps are weak, you should lift some weights with it. do that enough times and it'll get stronger. simple as that.

as for T vs F, admittedly i want to say that it doesn't matter because of my own type. however, if we look at the S's, i think it's safe to say that the ST's are smarter than the SF's. to draw it out, it's the ISTJ's, ESTJ's, ISTP's and ESTP's vs the ISFJ's, ESFJ's, ISFP's and ESFP's. the latter group though have way superior social skills also tend to a lower income than all the other groups. i assume that this is due to intelligence.

if the OPer can link me to the articles about NF's, i'll be very grateful. don't know how much truth is in it, but it'll be cool making myself feel good :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Perhaps lower income is due to ambition, rather than intelligence?

Or SFs decide that they have better things to do than just work all the time.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Perhaps lower income is due to ambition, rather than intelligence?

Or SFs decide that they have better things to do than just work all the time.

very interesting hypothesis, but the thing is, i'm not sure that's true. i guess you could say that the T's are more interested in doing their job rather than socializing but the F's could be working harder to help their family too. and honestly, i do think those ST's are smarter than the SF's in general. this is just my personal experience.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I think IQs are bullshit sometimes no offense.
I mean I fail miserably in math and they tell me I'm scored the highest in the "mathematical" section ?Lol just re-took it for the heck of it...PFT!
ouch it dropped...122...

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I think IQs are bullshit sometimes no offense.
I mean I fail miserably in math and they tell me I'm scored the highest in the "mathematical" section ?Lol just re-took it for the heck of it...PFT!
ouch it dropped...122...

i agree. i think people here are talking intelligence in general and not just what IQ tests measure. afterall, the goal of an IQ test isn't to measure intelligence but how well you do at school. no kidding.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
afterall, the goal of an IQ test isn't to measure intelligence but how well you do at school. no kidding.
If that's true, then why not just look at someone's school grades? Those serve the same purpose: they measure how well you do in school, but not how "intelligent" you are. From your statement, it sounds like having both (IQ and school grades) is basically unnecessary.

Last edited:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
If that's true, then why not just look at someone's school grades? Those serve the same purpose: they measure how well you do in school, but not how "intelligent" you are. From your statement, it sounds like having both (IQ and school grades) is basically unnecessary.

hey i didn't make this shit up. the reason they made the IQ test was to see who would go into the streamed classes.wikipedia it or something.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Doing well in school requires work, doing well on an IQ test much less so.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Doing well in school requires work, doing well on an IQ test much less so.

True, to some degree, but IQ is rooted in the Stanford-Binet test, which is very much aligned with school testing. Course, you get into circular concepts here. It was meant to test for school, so it used school-liked questions, so doing well is... well... redundant.

Not useless, it is predictive enough to be worthwhile, but... not exactly as meaningful as people make it out to be.

edit: Or what the link above shows. Beat to the punch, meh.

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
School aptitude tests are similar to IQ tests. Doing well in school, as in getting good grades, is not. I know this from experience, always scoring 98-99th percentile on tests, yet receiving more Cs than anything else, because I didn't care.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wikipedia said:
In 1905 the French psychologist Alfred Binet published the first modern intelligence test called the Binet-Simon intelligence scale. His principal goal was to identify students who needed special help in coping with the school curriculum
Oh, well that's not quite what I thought you meant. And Jack makes a good point.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Oh, well that's not quite what I thought you meant. And Jack makes a good point.

there's something missing in jack's point though, since what IQ tests measure is still your potential to learn, which is different from intelligence in general. your ability to take in information is not that same as your ability to think for yourself. there's also stuff such as creativity but i guess that's arguable.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
there's something missing in jack's point though, since what IQ tests measure is still your potential to learn, which is different from intelligence in general. your ability to take in information is not that same as your ability to think for yourself. there's also stuff such as creativity but i guess that's arguable.
I disagree. IQ tests do test knowledge, and often culturally specific knowledge. Not as much as a History test, but you need to know things to score well.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
im pretty sure that INTJs statistically do better, but hey, why not an intuitive feeler. just because they are a feeler doesn't mean they can't be logical. i personally tend to be a very logical person if i need to do so.

oh ya and IQ is irrelevant (im not saying that because mine is low, because mine is actually quite high), its EQ that makes the most difference

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I disagree. IQ tests do test knowledge, and often culturally specific knowledge. Not as much as a History test, but you need to know things to score well.

how is that a counter-argument? knowledge and wisdom/intelligence are two different things. this is precisely what i was saying before. IQ test test a small part of your brain''s capacity, it focuses on how well you can retain information. say if you live in the states, it may ask you something about the declaration of independence. if i am genius who did not grow up in the states, i may very well not know the answer. an idiot who has learned about the declaration of independence a million times though will. how is this a good measure of intelligence?

before anyone starts an argument about pattern recognition and whatnot on IQ tests, anyone who has done enough of these things know what kind of questions they ask. they know what to look for through experience. times tables, the number of lines in a shape, how many steps a highlighted square moves through a grid... it's very predictable. hence, it is learnable through memory alone. i find it hard to believe that i am suddenly that much smarter because i learned that whenever i see a series of shapes, all i have to do is to count the number of sides.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
it's very predictable. hence, it is learnable through memory alone. i find it hard to believe that i am suddenly that much smarter because i learned that whenever i see a series of shapes, all i have to do is to count the number of sides.

Most robust IQ tests would not be like this.

See the WAIS subscales, for example.