• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
You sound like you're still very young. You might be relieved or dismayed to know that most early 20s kids don't know what they want nor do they know yet what particular skill set suits them. You already have a leg up on most of those kids though because you're actually concerned about these issues (or why talk about them?) whereas they simply don't care enough to even do that. You don't like learning? Then why the fuck are you making these long posts about an assortment of issues? You must desire some kind of feedback to absorb ( even if its just to piss people off) or why bother?

I'll be 22 in a couple months. I know I need skill sets and it bugs me I don't have any. Screwing around online is just that - screwing around online to pass time and feel like I have a life.

I guess what I mean by "I don't like learning"...I'm somewhat scared to go back to college, nor can I relate to a common "intelligent" person trait of wanting to know everyhting, having a passion for knowledge. I seldom read nonfiction unless I need to. There are things I'd like to learn, like to know, but...I can't make myself care. Yes, I do like feedback....I guess here I expected a debate or something.

I have, however, been obsessed with personality theory for the past three years or so, and rather obsessively self-analyzing. It's getting dull, but it leads to long, sometimes hysterical posts online. It's something.

I don't know, you write an awful lot someone who isn't a deep thinker. At least on the subject of your own psychology you go pretty deep, much deeper than I would go. A person who isn't a deep thinker wouldn't bother if they can't post it on twitter.

Never cared much for social media. I mentioned above about obsessive self-analyzing - I think it kicked in when I started screwing up hard in college. Psychology itself is fascinating.

I guess there's a difference, that I make at least, between thinking deeply and thinking a lot; also between doing so naturally and developing it as a habit.

Where did you take the IQ test? Please don't say some online quiz :doh:

Yes, it was an online quiz. Sorry. This one, to be specific.

Just like most intuitive introverts. You're not particularly a special case here. :unicorn:

I'm a sensate introvert though. :/

LOL at the unicorn. I'll be perfectly honest, it doesn't seem like that common a thing though, to feel so disconnected, and not in a detached-observer kind of way. More like just a really-sheltered-and-never-bothered-to-look-outside-my-thoughts-kind-of-way.

God dammit, I thought I outgrew conversing like this on fora.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll be 22 in a couple months. I know I need skill sets and it bugs me I don't have any. Screwing around online is just that - screwing around online to pass time and feel like I have a life.

I guess what I mean by "I don't like learning"...I'm somewhat scared to go back to college, nor can I relate to a common "intelligent" person trait of wanting to know everyhting, having a passion for knowledge. I seldom read nonfiction unless I need to. There are things I'd like to learn, like to know, but...I can't make myself care. Yes, I do like feedback....I guess here I expected a debate or something.

I have, however, been obsessed with personality theory for the past three years or so, and rather obsessively self-analyzing. It's getting dull, but it leads to long, sometimes hysterical posts online. It's something.

Never cared much for social media. I mentioned above about obsessive self-analyzing - I think it kicked in when I started screwing up hard in college. Psychology itself is fascinating.

I guess there's a difference, that I make at least, between thinking deeply and thinking a lot; also between doing so naturally and developing it as a habit.

LOL at the unicorn. I'll be perfectly honest, it doesn't seem like that common a thing though, to feel so disconnected, and not in a detached-observer kind of way. More like just a really-sheltered-and-never-bothered-to-look-outside-my-thoughts-kind-of-way.

Seriously, I regularly score average on ONLINE tests, but I did quite well in college (psychology and philosophy) and now work in business. Don't let some silly little number from the Internet dictate what you can and can't do.

Starry

I am up there with steven hawkins, all it means is i think and process crazy fast...so do computers and they have no life. Agree life is about what you do with it, not what you could do with it.

Attitude trumps IQ when it comes to importance, IMHO. It controls someones life more then IQ could ever dream of

What you said above about attitude kinda blew me out of the water because it's Truth and I don't think it would have occurred to me on my own. It is the only way to accurately assess what is in front of you without bias. Wisdom trumps intellect in my opinion as well (I actually think ISTP 9s to be some of the wisest folks around) and that doesn't come from numbers and genes. Wisdom comes from doing. From living with an open mind

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I have no stresses, I feel like a genius. Lol.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Hey that IQ test was pretty tough. I ended up with 119 first time and 124 second time on it. It's lower than the one I was tested on in a class so you should give yourself some leeway. I think anyone who gets over a 100 on that is above the curve. The fact that you feel like a detached observer indicates Ne in your higher stack. If I were to make guess I'd say INFP.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Is it self-hate, or just un-PC realism? People aren't equal. There are superior and inferior people, and the clearest way to differentiate them is with IQ, or some other demonstration of intelligence.

And no, I'm dead serious.
Ok, well I kinda agree with you. I find the obsession people have with 'equality' to stem from a misunderstanding of what 'equality' means - it's equality in right. We're never all going to be equal, as long as we have values / value things there's going to be some with more 'valued traits' than others.

Though I think there's multiple ways to contribute to one's society. I mean, I knew a very intelligent psychopath, he was a destructive / parasitic force rather than someone enriching his environment. Now ofc I'd assume you were talking about statistical trends rather than what one or other individual's worth might be like.

Furthermore I do think that human-type problem solving skills / intelligence is the main differenciating factor between human beings and well, any other animals on Earth but IQ - while correlated with something we could call intelligence - is of course not a 1:1 fit. I've known enough delusional morons with high iQs to know that it is only one factor amongst many. Though in my experience the higher the IQ the smarter people seem to be in general.

Lastly, when focusing on IQ people tend not to take into account that similar IQs might mean very different (relatively) brains. In general though it seems that high iq is primarily related to processing speed (brain myelination) / energy efficient of neurons and therefore size of activation patterns and duration of activation patterns in the brain. Faster than av. reflexes should also be a natural consequence - but I'd imagine other combinations of genes could give rise to high iq without all of the aforementioned through larger brains for example. (the iq / brain size correlation is 0.4 within genders if i recall properly)

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey that IQ test was pretty tough. I ended up with 119 first time and 124 second time on it. It's lower than the one I was tested on in a class so you should give yourself some leeway. I think anyone who gets over a 100 on that is above the curve. The fact that you feel like a detached observer indicates Ne in your higher stack. If I were to make guess I'd say INFP.

Are you Peter Lee?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find the obsession people have with 'equality' to stem from a misunderstanding of what 'equality' means - it's equality in right. We're never all going to be equal, as long as we have values / value things there's going to be some with more 'valued traits' than others.

Though I think there's multiple ways to contribute to one's society. I mean, I knew a very intelligent psychopath, he was a destructive / parasitic force rather than someone enriching his environment. Now ofc I'd assume you were talking about statistical trends rather than what one or other individual's worth might be like.

Furthermore while I do think that human-type problem solving skills / ingelligence is the main differenciating factor between human beings and well, any other animals on Earth but IQ - while correlated with something we could call intelligence - is of course not a 1:1 fit. I've known enough delusional morons with high iQs to know that it is only one factor amongst many. Though in my experience the higher the IQ the smarter people seem to be in general.

Bolded for emphasis.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I got 110 the first time and I had to rush through it on my lunch break; several answers were guesses based on my gut instincts; maybe I'd do better (or worse) if I'd taken the time to think about them. The thing about those patterns is that anyone can practice and train their brains to better solve them--they all follow a certain logic. I imagine it's possible to increase one's score considerably with said practice.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Does IQ drop as you age and well, you know, start forgetting things?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, well I kinda agree with you. I find the obsession people have with 'equality' to stem from a misunderstanding of what 'equality' means - it's equality in right. We're never all going to be equal, as long as we have values / value things there's going to be some with more 'valued traits' than others.

Well said.

My favorite analogy for it is that political "equality" means equal as in "rock, paper, scissors", and NOT "scissors, scissors, scissors". Humanity is a web of individuals with varying strengths and weaknesses and needs. No one is ultimately superior to anyone else, because humanity cannot be described in one-dimensional terms on some arbitrary scale.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You cant "feel" like genius...lol. its about thinking, not feeling. Your doing this all wrong...lol

Sorry my vocabulary and grammar aren't all too amazing. But that is funny haha.

I guess it is that the experience comes as new and feel is an easy word to put out. It's intuition and not necessarily Te/Ti thinking so it's not logical or reason in nature but it's good not to "think" so slowly if I am to adapt to your terminology.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
People aren't equal. There are superior and inferior people, and the clearest way to differentiate them is with IQ, or some other demonstration of intelligence.

If you think that's what equality means, then well, I would point to the people who've already addressed this but they think they're smart for realizing it (it's about elementary school level I think, last I checked the curriculum there).

I mean google exists. There's no excuse for thinking the "equality" in social equality means the same thing it does in math, and there's definitely no excuse for pretending those people who's opinions you don't like think that's what it means.

Also that data you showed has a pretty flawed methodology for correlating giftedness let alone IQ. That's excluding all the times MBTI has failed to pass tests of validity. A quick scholar check is telling me that iNtuition is the only significant correlate, but you know, there's no proven dichotomy between N and S so it's not saying to much (I hope those aren't self-reported MBTI types, I actually didn't check that).

I've got some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that test was used during INTPcentral's IQ phase. They estimated it was exaggerating people's IQ there by about 11 points (standard deviation 15).

The good news is that people there had pretty specialized intelligence on average, and that test is very, very specialized. It's all Raven's Matrices. If you've got a weak spot in that one area of abstract pattern spotting it's going to make you seem a lot more dumb than you actually are.

I am up there with steven hawkins, all it means is i think and process crazy fast...so do computers and they have no life.

lol

You cant "feel" like genius...lol. its about thinking, not feeling. Your doing this all wrong...lol

Maybe read some science with that "Stephen Hawkings" IQ of yours, you might get past centuries-old renaissance opinions.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you think that's what equality means, then well, I would point to the people who've already addressed this but they think they're smart for realizing it (it's about elementary school level I think, last I checked the curriculum there).

I mean google exists. There's no excuse for thinking the "equality" in social equality means the same thing it does in math, and there's definitely no excuse for pretending those people who's opinions you don't like think that's what it means.

Also that data you showed has a pretty flawed methodology for correlating giftedness let alone IQ. That's excluding all the times MBTI has failed to pass tests of validity. A quick scholar check is telling me that iNtuition is the only significant correlate, but you know, there's no proven dichotomy between N and S so it's not saying to much (I hope those aren't self-reported MBTI types, I actually didn't check that).

I've got some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that test was used during INTPcentral's IQ phase. They estimated it was exaggerating people's IQ there by about 11 points (standard deviation 15).

The good news is that people there had pretty specialized intelligence on average, and that test is very, very specialized. It's all Raven's Matrices. If you've got a weak spot in that one area of abstract pattern spotting it's going to make you seem a lot more dumb than you actually are.

lol

Maybe read some science with that "Stephen Hawkings" IQ of yours, you might get past centuries-old renaissance opinions.

Or maybe i was talking out of my ass playing with concepts of how people think ;)

When your this damn gifted all you have to do i open your eyes and it all pours in...lmao...sorry, i have an issue with playing with concepts, paths, etc. And being a smartass ;)

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Or maybe i was talking out of my ass playing with concepts of how people think ;)

When your this damn gifted all you have to do i open your eyes and it all pours in...lmao...sorry, i have an issue with playing with concepts, paths, etc. And being a smartass ;)

I know, it's hard to resist in a thread like this.