• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:huh::shocking::unsure::blush:

Clean thoughts Forever, clean thoughts.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
INTP N/A (GAI 130 approx). Decipher that, geniuses. :p

I got 154 on one test but it was significantly easier than the other tests I've taken so I'm not sure what that means. And additionally, my psychological evaluation registers me as having perseverative/perfectionistic tendencies so maybe I just took too long on the other test. Anyway...

I think IQ actually does measure at least a large chunk of intelligence, but not everything. [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] 's description of what can happen to a genius has been spot-on for me in the past. And though the research is definitely not all in, it's possible that I could raise my personal IQ by quite a bit.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my IQ is higher than anyone in my human biology class (apparently) but this is southern california so I'm not sure that means anything at all.

Starry

s-l300.jpg

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm also better at public masturbation which makes me a superior human being.

Public masturbation is only one part of the sexual badassery matrix. You also have to have bigger balls and give good blowjobs/bending over for people.

Didn't you read the handbook? Jebus... :p

Starry

Public masturbation is only one part of the sexual badassery matrix. You also have to have bigger balls and give good blowjobs/bending over for people.

Didn't you read the handbook? Jebus... :p

Alright. Perhaps I'm not a sexual badass :dry: Merely an intellectual badass which is sexy...but without having to be good at or even know about any of the stuff you mentioned above.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is just me being curious, no malintent, no laughing behind your back or anything. Just plain curiosity of a middle-aged man who has for some weird reason decided to publicly label himself as an INFJ.

Why do you want to make your IQ's known in a public forum? What does it give you? What kind of satisfaction? External validation? Feelings of being approved? The opportunity of telling others that you are not stupid and that you should be taken seriously? What are you seeking?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is just me being curious, no malintent, no laughing behind your back or anything. Just plain curiosity of a middle-aged man who has for some weird reason decided to publicly label himself as an INFJ.

Why do you want to make your IQ's known in a public forum? What does it give you? What kind of satisfaction? External validation? Feelings of being approved? The opportunity of telling others that you are not stupid and that you should be taken seriously? What are you seeking?

I think you're being a bit too specific in your speculations. INTx types tend to value intellect and IQ purports to be an objective measure of that. But I find this sort of intellectual posturing to be qualitatively no different than other people engaging in moral posturing. The main difference is that moral posturing, done correctly, is much more likely to result in social approval than intellectual posturing. In an odd way, your question reads to me as, "Why are you so stupid as to think that announcing your IQ will accomplish anything?" (Not that you mean it that way or imply any malicious intent. I'm just hypothesizing about the assumptions that lie behind the questions.)

Anyway, it's all just part of the human need to connect with others. It's just that sharing IQ scores is a really bad way of doing so. :devil:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're being a bit too specific in your speculations. INTx types tend to value intellect and IQ purports to be an objective measure of that. But I find this sort of intellectual posturing to be qualitatively no different than other people engaging in moral posturing. The main difference is that moral posturing, done correctly, is much more likely to result in social approval than intellectual posturing. In an odd way, your question reads to me as, "Why are you so stupid as to think that announcing your IQ will accomplish anything?" (Not that you mean it that way or imply any malicious intent. I'm just hypothesizing about the assumptions that lie behind the questions.)

Anyway, it's all just part of the human need to connect with others. It's just that sharing IQ scores is a really bad way of doing so. :devil:

I read it as there must be some underlying personal meaning other then it relates to the topic. As if just because i dont do it for a personal reason, must mean i do it for a personal reason.

I know personally off this website a small handful know my IQ and its people close that the topic came up with. No one else really knows my IQ.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I went to Mensa once and didn't qualify ! best day ever :p

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
"Why are you so stupid as to think that announcing your IQ will accomplish anything?" (Not that you mean it that way or imply any malicious intent. I'm just hypothesizing about the assumptions that lie behind the questions.)

Good reading. Without the "stupid" part.

And you are probably right about the "connecting with people" thing. The thing with IQ is that it is easily seen as bragging - which is really sad cause people can talk practically almost about anything else but IQ or intelligence. That's a taboo. Also, at least for me, IQ really doesn't tell anything about people especially when I don't really trust these tests actually measure (only) what they are saying they measure. Loads of variables behind IQ tests like good day/bad day; previous experience with IQ tests or puzzle solving; patience; OCD/perfectionism (can you pass the first difficult test to move forward or do you get stuck because you can't leave it unsolved); how do you cope with stress (HSP's for one) and so forth.

But as said, I'm just being curious. I personally would never announce my IQ - even if I knew it which I don't cause I'm not that interested anymore.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Less time spent worrying about intelligence, more time spent doing something with it.

By the way, I'm sure most here have noticed this many times and probably from a very early age as I did, but have you noticed that the slightly above average get rewarded/recognised far more for their achievements in society than the far above average?

Somebody, somewhere, is being very threatened. Good thing we can guard ourselves by devaluing the complicated that we don't understand.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Are we allowed to post links from other personality sites? Because if I could do that it would be much easier. However, rather than risk it, I'll just post this.

This graph shows the MBTI types ranked more or less by IQ. Specifically, by likelihood to be gifted:
main-qimg-825f1beea337618551121379ec6cc320

INTx are the smartest types, right there in black and white.

Now, the thing people don't/won't acknowledge is the intelligence and IQ is the main arbiter of a person's worth. Everything about you stems from your intelligence - your capacity for success, your ability to think and have ideas, your emotionality, stability, and sensitivity, even unlikely things like athleticism (I'm trying to find the source where I read this....there was a whole list) The high IQ person is basically a god among men, capable of perfection in anything and everything. Here's a list of all the things positively correlated with IQ. Is it any wonder the average always envy the gifted? Why wouldn't you be frustrated to have someone's existence constantly remind you of how worthless and useless you are, to always know that you are completely and utterly redundant, a living joke in your inherent incompetence?

Because that's what being a Sensor is. Living with that. S-types are useless, living constantly off the intellectual labor of NTs. Don't believe me? The entire civilized world was built by NT types, Sensors just live in it despite not deserving it or being able to contributing anything relevant to it's improvement or advancement.

The rather interesting thing is this graph also points out that emotion makes you stupid. NTs don't have much in the way of emotions (though some would claim they instead actually have the strongest, deepest emotions), and they are the most intelligent people in existence. No Feeler has ever accomplished anything of merit, certainly not a Sensor-Feeler (no Sensor-Thinker has ever accomplished anything of merit either, but still). Usually it seems like a stereotype that robotic unemotionality and quasi-sociopathic insensitivity equals intelligence, and it would seem that that's true as well.

That said, I'm an ISFP with an IQ of 101, by an actual test. Other scores and indicators have implied it's higher, but I doubt that considering my life and now my type.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we allowed to post links from other personality sites? Because if I could do that it would be much easier. However, rather than risk it, I'll just post this.

This graph shows the MBTI types ranked more or less by IQ. Specifically, by likelihood to be gifted:

Now, the thing people don't/won't acknowledge is the intelligence and IQ is the main arbiter of a person's worth. Everything about you stems from your intelligence - your capacity for success, your ability to think and have ideas, your emotionality, stability, and sensitivity, even unlikely things like athleticism (I'm trying to find the source where I read this....there was a whole list) The high IQ person is basically a god among men, capable of perfection in anything and everything. Here's a list of all the things positively correlated with IQ. Is it any wonder the average always envy the gifted? Why wouldn't you be frustrated to have someone's existence constantly remind you of how worthless and useless you are, to always know that you are completely and utterly redundant, a living joke in your inherent incompetence?

Because that's what being a Sensor is. Living with that. S-types are useless, living constantly off the intellectual labor of NTs. Don't believe me? The entire civilized world was built by NT types, Sensors just live in it despite not deserving it or being able to contributing anything relevant to it's improvement or advancement.

The rather interesting thing is this graph also points out that emotion makes you stupid. NTs don't have much in the way of emotions (though some would claim they instead actually have the strongest, deepest emotions), and they are the most intelligent people in existence. No Feeler has ever accomplished anything of merit, certainly not a Sensor-Feeler (no Sensor-Thinker has ever accomplished anything of merit either, but still). Usually it seems like a stereotype that robotic unemotionality and quasi-sociopathic insensitivity equals intelligence, and it would seem that that's true as well.

That said, I'm an ISFP with an IQ of 101, by an actual test. Other scores and indicators have implied it's higher, but I doubt that considering my life and now my type.

I hope you are kidding... this is such a pessimistic outlook on life. It's what you do with your strengths and the amount of hard work that determine your success. Of course there will always be thresholds and limits, but raw IQ doesn't imply success. There are quite a few intelligent SPs around here.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This has the most self loathing I have ever read in a single post.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My IQ is higher than Spanky's

*Starts to masturbate super FURIOUSLY!*

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Less time spent worrying about intelligence, more time spent doing something with it.

Agreed. Potential/capacity has marginal value, society values what you've 'done'.

Agreed. It's also a way that males compete & bond especially, just look at the people publicly announcing their IQs then look at their gender. It's a 'gendered' thing and biological in nature, imo.

It's a form of establishing a dominance hierarchy, which is really pursuing reproductive success.

"Dominance hierarchy arises when members of a social group interact, often aggressively, to create a ranking system. In social living groups, members are likely to compete for access to limited resources and mating opportunities. Rather than fight each time they meet, relative relationships are formed between members of the same sex. These repetitive interactions lead to the creation of a social order that is subject to change each time a dominant animal is challenged by a subordinate one."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominance_hierarchy

"Oh check out my huge penis which is X long!" "Or hey look at all my toys!" Of course the ever popular, "hey look at my bank account!" "Look at me I'm so creative!" We can't leave out, "Hey look at how morally superior I am by frowning down on those who engage in the above :D"

Last edited:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Oh check out my huge penis which is X long!" "Or hey look at all my toys!" Of course the ever popular, "hey look at my bank account!" "Look at me I'm so creative!" We can't leave out, "Hey look at how morally superior I am by frowning down on those who engage in the above :D"

I think my signature pretty much captures all of those.