• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are so many kinds of intelligences :dry:

I don't wanna fit in your bloody IQ box :whacko::spindance:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I was never fan of IQ tests and I never officially took one to be honest. Also I tend to associate these tests with unhealthy version of Ne/Si/Ti worldview.

My basic problem with these tests is that they are for some reason based on the premise that test questions have "the right answer". For example there are 3 lines and now I must choose what goes with them: a circle, another line or a triangle. Towards the typical IQ test the right answer would be another line, however this does not make much sense to me. Why are 4 lines more logical than 3 lines and a circle ? Ok, maybe because of this you will get a symmetry, but getting a symmetry is very very subjective goal. I simply to do not understand what those tests are trully trying to achive and I think that it would be better to just call them "Pattern recognition tests"

I often argue with my ENFP mother which in my opinion has a serious problem in recognizing objective truth from well developed models. She has a strong intellectual capability but all of the terms she is using are mostly static. She mixes them in million ways but she rarely redefines them and I find her logic sometimes useful but frustratingly two dimensional.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of this data has been discussed elsewhere on this forum and others. The main problem is that it didn't test to see if people were gifted or not, but rather conducted a survey on a "gifted" program. These were the people who were interested in being a part of a gifted program. I'm sorry, I cannot imagine even the most gifted and intelligent ESFP teenagers being "interested" in a gifted program on average, though obviously some will be.

The monetary statistics come from an online site whose tests survey the respondents. Problem number 1 is that it asked for "household" income, not personal income. Problem number 2 is that there is no controlling for age/experience. I can imagine plenty of younger, single people just starting out in life, and of these, the ones investigating typology are going to be the INxx types. And I can imagine plenty of older, married, established people having to discover their MBTI type as part of a "team building" exercise at their place of work. So yeah, you're going to get a lot of INxx types looking like they're financially struggling (they're predominantly kids in college or just out of college) while the ESxx types who wouldn't look into typology unless explicitly told to finally do so as part of work later in life when they have plenty of money. It should be possible to publish results that correct for age, but I doubt that's going to happen. Not that it would reverse the trends you see here, but it would make them much less drastic.

This doesn't mean that the conclusions drawn from these flawed sets of data are incorrect, per se. They're just not as strongly supported by the data as people might think. Keep in mind, these same two sets of data are brought up over and over again in threads like these. No one is actually doing any research on the topic. While the statistics do use many data points, we conceptually have only two data points: these two flawed studies. They're suggestive, but not conclusive.

Along those same lines I thought about joining mensa, but I still don't see a point. It's a look what I joined and was accepted. But everyone thinks I am a genius, so it wouldn't even really be an accomplishkent. Gifted programs I am not really interested in either. I don't like school because it teaches to slow. Give me hands on and some books. Why do I need a program for that? I do it on my own.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Along those same lines I thought about joining mensa, but I still don't see a point. It's a look what I joined and was accepted. But everyone thinks I am a genius, so it wouldn't even really be an accomplishkent. Gifted programs I am not really interested in either. I don't like school because it teaches to slow. Give me hands on and some books. Why do I need a program for that? I do it on my own.

Ugh. My dad was in Mensa and it's just seems like a self-masturbatory catch all for people who value a test result above applied success. At least from what I saw.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh. My dad was in Mensa and it's just seems like a self-masturbatory catch all for people who value a test result above applied success. At least from what I saw.

That's what I gathered from looking into it. I just do the practice questions every once in awhile for fun I want to build and design. When I learned logic gates I got distracted the rest of CLASS and built aN alarm system with a keypad on emulation software.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Wait a second? Is this the oldest still regularly active
Typc thread ?:laugh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an aside,

haha, this guy, man. This guy. :popc1:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ns-smarter-ss-3.html?highlight=slayerment.com

... this guy..

I love this guy.

This is just as retarded as when people say reality favors S vs N. Then the other article where it is about N is more intelligent because N creates and S is nothing more then a worker is just as retarded. So in this case reality favors N, not S. I know an N who is our "architecturet" programming wise because he enjoys it, he struggles with real life coding. Ideas is not the end all be all...make it reality is the other step. Without one the other is a waste. People compliment each other, it's the stupid that believe one is above the other. I would say Ns on average believe they are smarter because of this which means they are actually stupid..lmao...gotta love logic and how it can be twisted to prove anything you want. It's sad that people believe this twisted reality.

Irregardless of N or S, I think the smartest and most intelligent have brains that can process faster. Some are N, some are S, some are T, some are F. I think it's more a combination of nature and nurture, not some N vs S thing. There maybe times where statistically S will be higher and times N will be. statistically higher as well as T or F. Statistics show the population you checked at the time you checked according to not only the parameters you thought about, but even the ones you didnt.

I actually try not to look as smart as I am, but sometimes I have to open my mouth. Us S types are stoopid. We are very unoriginal, yet I would argue N's are the most likely to quote movies and such...how unoriginal. It's all a bunch of crap.

Pekobu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it an INFP thing? I think, from what I've seen and heard so far, you guys tend to be writers more than anything, but he's also one of those types that actually pays attention to, and remembers, alot of facts, mostly cultural, historical, and trivial, but not number-oriented.

I'm an INFP and I find math easy to comprehend, but my approach is of an abstract nature not a literal nature.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
infps are the most intelligent, right after their lack in self-confidence. And then comes ENTJ :) Those Fi-Te people need to compensate lots ! I have a D. Trump up my sleeve so I'll call everything!!!!

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is just as retarded as when people say reality favors S vs N. Then the other article where it is about N is more intelligent because N creates and S is nothing more then a worker is just as retarded. So in this case reality favors N, not S. I know an N who is our "architecturet" programming wise because he enjoys it, he struggles with real life coding. Ideas is not the end all be all...make it reality is the other step. Without one the other is a waste. People compliment each other, it's the stupid that believe one is above the other. I would say Ns on average believe they are smarter because of this which means they are actually stupid..lmao...gotta love logic and how it can be twisted to prove anything you want. It's sad that people believe this twisted reality.

Irregardless of N or S, I think the smartest and most intelligent have brains that can process faster. Some are N, some are S, some are T, some are F. I think it's more a combination of nature and nurture, not some N vs S thing. There maybe times where statistically S will be higher and times N will be. statistically higher as well as T or F. Statistics show the population you checked at the time you checked according to not only the parameters you thought about, but even the ones you didnt.

I actually try not to look as smart as I am, but sometimes I have to open my mouth. Us S types are stoopid. We are very unoriginal, yet I would argue N's are the most likely to quote movies and such...how unoriginal. It's all a bunch of crap.

mbtiiq.jpg
This is pretty straightforward.

Also, reality does favor sensors because sensing literally means being realistic and living in the moment. Other than genius NTs and a unusually charismatic xNFJs with a semi-privileged background, most sensors have it easier than most intuitives. They're better at things like job interviews, grooming themselves, and practical skills that are often referred to as "adulting." Intuitives are often so focused on abstract things that all of this trivial stuff flies right over our heads.

My point is that we have different skill sets, and that's okay. IQ tests are more about theoretical knowledge and ability to recognize patterns and make comparisons, so naturally intuitives are going to do better.

Also, the word is "regardless." Just had to point that out.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
View attachment 15299
This is pretty straightforward.

Also, reality does favor sensors because sensing literally means being realistic and living in the moment. Other than genius NTs and a unusually charismatic xNFJs with a semi-privileged background, most sensors have it easier than most intuitives. They're better at things like job interviews, grooming themselves, and practical skills that are often referred to as "adulting." Intuitives are often so focused on abstract things that all of this trivial stuff flies right over our heads.

My point is that we have different skill sets, and that's okay. IQ tests are more about theoretical knowledge and ability to recognize patterns and make comparisons, so naturally intuitives are going to do better.

Also, the word is "regardless." Just had to point that out.

Havnt seen the correlation between N and S in real life and life being easier.

*cough*anal*cough* just to point it out.

Also genius NT have the hardest time with reality because theory doesn't always apply that good.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Havnt seen the correlation between N and S in real life and life being easier.

*cough*anal*cough* just to point it out.

Also genius NT have the hardest time with reality because theory doesn't always apply that good.

What I meant by "genius NTs" is people like Bill Gates who use their intelligence and vision, along with a bit of luck, to make life better for themselves. The same is true for certain INFP writers, xNFJ politicians, etc. Some intuitives have such great abilities that they actually bypass the working-in-retail phase and go straight into success. Although this could be seen as an intuitive advantage, it actually happens to very few of us. I'm not expecting to develop a famed personality theory or write a best-seller anytime soon. I'll have to take the normal route of applying for jobs, going to interviews, and learning how to be more aware and detail-oriented, because that's what is expected of everyone. Sensors have it easier in this regard. Being a young intuitive in the job market is a bit like being a sensor in a philosophy class.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I meant by "genius NTs" is people like Bill Gates who use their intelligence and vision, along with a bit of luck, to make life better for themselves. The same is true for certain INFP writers, xNFJ politicians, etc. Some intuitives have such great abilities that they actually bypass the working-in-retail phase and go straight into success. Although this could be seen as an intuitive advantage, it actually happens to very few of us. I'm not expecting to develop a famed personality theory or write a best-seller anytime soon. I'll have to take the normal route of applying for jobs, going to interviews, and learning how to be more aware and detail-oriented, because that's what is expected of everyone. Sensors have it easier in this regard. Being a young intuitive in the job market is a bit like being a sensor in a philosophy class.

Yes, minority. The interwebz is full of genius NTs that don't do shit and suck at application. The best advice I can give to an NT is get outta your head and intuition and find the balance between theory and reality. An INTP for example is split between N and S just like I am being ISTP. Just reverse NeSi vs SeNi. Figure out how to use those as a checks and balance system for each other and you will grow

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was working on a puzzle book which seems to contain problems from both Mensa and Wechsler styled tests. My wife bought it because she thought practicing the problems would help her think more like our son, who is advanced in multiple areas.

Anyway, I was doing pretty good (better with the number and pattern-based problems, not as well with problems dealing with popular figures of speech) on several problems, but all I can think is if I could take half the brain power I devoted to solving the problems and apply it to some business enterprise, I would be set for life.