• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hapyniss

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I would have thought iNtuitives with Thinking would have the highest IQ (not that IQ is the be all and end all of a person).

Still if the articles says that I am the smartest of the smart, I can go with that too. :D

ENFP and my IQ is 138 standard. I had to take a test prior to entrance into pre-med. I don't know that it helps with some common sense stuff. I definitely am lacking in street smarts.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really don't see the point in knowing your IQ number. Do people really want to quantify their unfulfilled potential? And if you're an idiot, it's best to be a blissful idiot. The best result you could hope for is dead average.

Pinker85

I know my IQ but it doesn't mean anything to me beyond what it is ... my performance on a test some person made. Smart comes in some many shapes and forms. I genuinely do not think u can tell what someone's IQ is based off type (which I don't believe in btw) or even how they come across. If u actually look even the "dumbest" people to u r really, really smart so its better to focus on the stuff that makes one feel we r all equals. If u r too concerned about ur own ego, u only process things through a narrow slit of cliches ... and that's incredibly dumb.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was 13 or 14 I had to take an IQ test at my high school. I remember one question where all I was supposed to do was draw a straight line, emphasis on straight, but my hand shook because I have an illness and was on about 10 different trial and error medications with interesting side effects. I still haven't figured out how this question was relevant, or what it was supposed to mean about my intelligence.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm flipping the question around somewhat.

The stats say that there's a correlation. No hard feelings. That's the stats.

But if we take JCF as an accurate model, how exactly would two approaches that are seen as totally different -- Ni/Te and Ti/Ne -- score so closely together?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm flipping the question around somewhat.

The stats say that there's a correlation. No hard feelings. That's the stats.

But if we take JCF as an accurate model, how exactly would two approaches that are seen as totally different -- Ni/Te and Ti/Ne -- score so closely together?

They deal with the same material, but differently.

The other functions are adept at different kinds of material.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i was in chess club in 7th grade. buncha useless, arrogant tools except this one kid who insisted on not playing the game but rather pretending the pieces were action figures and tossing them at each other, all while making little "pew pew" and explosion noises. it was worth joining the club to watch this. let's see fisher or kasparov win with those rules.

i'd be that kid, i don't have an interest in chess. and pretending them action figures sounds way more exciting than prove i can capture your king before you capture mine or is it queen? i dunno :holy:

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They deal with the same material, but differently.
Of course. But it's very difficult to believe that they're virtually neck-and-neck. One is known for catharses and the other for picking pieces apart and drawing patterns. Very, very oversimplified, naturally. (But we have at least a few billion-page threads devoted to defining Ni in the first place.)

That doesn't mean that they couldn't still arrive at pretty much exactly the same answers, but the odds seem ungodly slim. I can't prove that it's not true, but.. damn, it seems that the stars would have to align so closely together that our calipers would say "fuck it" and walk out of the room.

This isn't a knock on the two types that score the best, or that there are types that score higher than others, or what have you. It's more of a knock on how any two completely different approaches can yield results that are consistently so damn close.

Cygnus

And if you're an idiot, it's best to be a blissful idiot. The best result you could hope for is dead average.

No. That's a death sentence. An idiot is bound to have things crumble to bits around him, and the longer this continues, the sooner it is until he finally realizes he's the common element and his illusion shatters one way or the other. The longer you wandered in bliss, the less prepared you'll be for the inevitable truth. The earlier you know, the more time you have to learn what simple tricks you can to compensate and the better a chance you have.

sethgus

I would think the oriention of a person's IQ may correlate to the persons function orientation.

IQ is a broadly applied term.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im afraid of taking an IQ test, because I'm afraid to find out that I'm actually smarter the what I believe to be, and I have been cheating on myself by "dumbing down" and subconsciously looking back on all the missed opportunities.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't think that IQ tests measure anything than how good that you are at taking that IQ test :shrug:

and don't get me started on self reporting tests and how inherently inaccurate they are :doh:

for instance, I'm fucking brilliant (and have IQ scores to back that up... but then again, I LIKE tests because my brain associates them with food)... I'm also a total disappointment to anyone who thinks that should translate to me doing anything productive with my life. I have 3 degrees and don't use any of them and quite a few nice certifications that I haven't gotten around to using yet... I work a manual labor type job because it'll pay for more school and I kind of enjoy it as long as the work place politics stays far away. I don't really want that much out of life and am mostly amused by doing what amuses me at the time... :unsure:

compare that to someone who has an average IQ score, but some aim and drive in life and who actually does something instead...

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm straight up in an ENFP ADHD mode right now so I'll answer this thread with a big fat No, and let's call him Frank. I do not think there is any correlation between type and IQ, and I think it is absurd. I think in many ways, a person's total level of intelligence and growth potential for that matter is an amalgamation of natural ability, experience, a propensity to question, and a hunger for more.

Looking at my functions alone, I can say that ENTP and ENFP types must be profoundly intelligent since they are able to pick apart things, make connections, and come to new conclusions using their Ne. To me, being able to spit answers out in a short time frame is not an indicator of intelligence, but just some lame humanoid computer. I am aware of my bias, but I would say being able to think creatively (not just in its typical application in art) is of one of the highest indicators of intelligence in my mind.

However, I wouldn't say any function alone or personality type means you're instantly up couple IQ points. Think about Ne for example, what good is it for me, if I don't regularly push myself to seek out adventures, to meet new people, to think in new ways, and to be curious about the world around me?? Ne comes into full strength when you have a diverse and ever-expanding library of knowledge to pull from.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I really don't think that IQ tests measure anything than how good that you are at taking that IQ test :shrug:

and don't get me started on self reporting tests and how inherently inaccurate they are :doh:

for instance, I'm fucking brilliant (and have IQ scores to back that up... but then again, I LIKE tests because my brain associates them with food)... I'm also a total disappointment to anyone who thinks that should translate to me doing anything productive with my life. I have 3 degrees and don't use any of them and quite a few nice certifications that I haven't gotten around to using yet... I work a manual labor type job because it'll pay for more school and I kind of enjoy it as long as the work place politics stays far away. I don't really want that much out of life and am mostly amused by doing what amuses me at the time... :unsure:

compare that to someone who has an average IQ score, but some aim and drive in life and who actually does something instead...

Couldn't agree more. I think focusing on IQ scores alone is sorely missing the point entirely. Just as you bring up, what good is a high IQ if you have nothing to show for it, or don't put it to use. My IQ isn't anything to write home about, but I know without doubt, my IQ will be the last thing holding me back in life ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol got 155 from a free IQ test. I guess I r smart. ;)

But seriously, theory of multiple intelligences is where it's at, just because someone doesn't have high IQ, they could have high EQ, MQ, blahQ, etc. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. :)

iq-bell-curve.gif

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] could you tell me more about blahQ I think I might score well in that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] could you tell me more about blahQ I think I might score well in that.

blahQ is knowing when to block others. When the going gets tough having the exact precision of carefully blocking that person to seem like you disappeared rather than outright blocking takes high blahQ.

It might've been different from what you're expecting, I think you might've wanted anyQ or QQ.

Which is yet to be explored...

To be continued..

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
blahQ is knowing when to block others. When the going gets tough having the exact precision of carefully blocking that person to seem like you disappeared rather than outright blocking takes high blahQ.

It might've been different from what you're expecting, I think you might've wanted anyQ or QQ.

Which is yet to be explored...

To be continued..

QQ is quite controversial in the realm of definable Q's. Although it doesn't possess the same omnipotence as more well known Q's it's ability to measure production of salt is unparalleled.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took the IQ test once, way back in the day. Was pleased with the results. Will never take it again lest I risk fucking up said results and ruining my self-image

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The IQ test focuses too much on math for me. I took it once and got like an 80. I don't consider myself an unintelligent person.