• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTP is the smartest type!
I regret nothing, because I'm a narcissist!
If it's Einstein, Lincoln, or Darwin, we rule!
(cough cough arrogant cough cough)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I would assume that IQ is positively correlated with N and T, based on the things IQ tests measure you on (pattern recognition, mainly).

Personally I consider NTPs to be more intelligent on average than NTJs. However being less decisive by nature, they are probably overlooked.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP is the smartest type!
I regret nothing, because I'm a narcissist!
If it's Einstein, Lincoln, or Darwin, we rule!
(cough cough arrogant cough cough)
I have to ask. Are you like, twelve?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have to ask. Are you like, twelve?

No man, just kidding. You don't seriously believe I'm honest on a forum, do you?
But besides that, I believe in modern society, the ENTJ would be the best type.

á´…eparted

passages
No man, just kidding. You don't seriously believe I'm honest on a forum, do you?.

Well now everyone knows to take nothing you say seriously. Good to know.

But besides that, I believe in modern society, the ENTJ would be the best type.

Which means this is a lie then, and as far as hyperbole and lies go, this is fairly trite. Try harder, or not at all. Though I'd go with the latter.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well now everyone knows to take nothing you say seriously. Good to know.

Which means this is a lie then, and as far as hyperbole and lies go, this is fairly trite.

Now technically, if I was lying, my statement that I'm kidding would be a lie as well, and that would mean I'm serious.
However: If I was stating the truth that I'm kidding, would mean I'm not kidding, which would contradict the statement.

But seriously, I'm just doing this for intellectual gambling.

Try harder, or not at all. Though I'd go with the latter.
Why should I try you?

á´…eparted

passages
Now technically, if I was lying, my statement that I'm kidding would be a lie as well, and that would mean I'm serious.
However: If I was stating the truth that I'm kidding, would mean I'm not kidding, which would contradict the statement.

But seriously, I'm just doing this for intellectual gambling.

It is not appreciated or valued by pretty much everyone here.

Also, I don't play the semantics game. Try again.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It is not appreciated or valued by pretty much everyone here.

Also, I don't play the semantics game. Try again.

Aww, you're no fun... :(

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trying to ruffle my feather huh? That's cute. You'll find that its a completely ineffective tactic. In otherwords, indeed I am no fun for you.

At least you admit I'm right. But seriously, your username fits your personality.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Another thread jerking off about IQ. That's original.

I guess that for some people it's all that they have to feel proud of in their lives so they have to go on about it ad nauseam on the internet in hopes that someone will believe them...

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Another thread jerking off about IQ. That's original.

Thought so, too, but surprisingly, this is the only recent thread about IQ I've seen.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I's are smarter than E's, N's are way smarter than S's, T's are better off than F's, and J's and P's are equal, J's having better strategy and P's having better on the spot street smarts. Unfortunately, none of this imformation is useful...., because it's all stereotyping :D TROLL.

PerfectlyConfused

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish IQ would die already.

Why would sensing and thinking be highest vs feeling and intuition?

Intuition beats Thinking, no contest.
(huge unconscious mind) vs (short term memory conscious mind)

Sensing, sure they can see details, but with Thinking, it doesn't turn out too much. Take "scientists" they cram a bunch of info in their head and learn some set skills, I would not call that intelligent, i'd call it book smart and boring.

Intuition + Feelings though, you have two powerful things, one that drives(and helps memory) and the other just destroys thinking.

I went to top set without applying myself in 2nd year of secondary school. (I was the class clown, clever, rebel, etc type)
I was never a fan of maths, especially when I got removed from a class, and basically had to go to the bottom set (4/4) because the teacher I had taught 1-3 (clearly they didn't do their maths). Then I had problems with set 4 teacher (fiery dragon bitch).

I do love astrophysics, but i'm not astrophysicist. I have attempted programming a few times, but never would of done a formal Computer Science.
I can do basic math (algebra whatever), and a couple of lower level subbranches of maths. I don't need any thing else, and it bores the hell out of me.

I'm not gonna say what my "IQ test" was at 16, because I'm not going to encourage support for IQ when i'm against.

I was talking about this on the INTP last week. Someone asked "Do geniuses have it easier?" .
The answer is no, and intelligence is overrated, creativiety and genius is not limited to a special few, intelligence is not fixed, and any thing above "above average intelligence" doesn't make that much difference in performance/results to above average. (IQ was mentioned in the post if I recall correctly) Action is what counts, dedication too. Intelligence as we know it, is overrated.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I wish IQ would die already.

Why would sensing and thinking be highest vs feeling and intuition?

Intuition beats Thinking, no contest.
(huge unconscious mind) vs (short term memory conscious mind)

Sensing, sure they can see details, but with Thinking, it doesn't turn out too much. Take "scientists" they cram a bunch of info in their head and learn some set skills, I would not call that intelligent, i'd call it book smart and boring.

Intuition + Feelings though, you have two powerful things, one that drives(and helps memory) and the other just destroys thinking.

I went to top set without applying myself in 2nd year of secondary school. (I was the class clown, clever, rebel, etc type)
I was never a fan of maths, especially when I got removed from a class, and basically had to go to the bottom set (4/4) because the teacher I had taught 1-3 (clearly they didn't do their maths). Then I had problems with set 4 teacher (fiery dragon bitch).

I do love astrophysics, but i'm not astrophysicist. I have attempted programming a few times, but never would of done a formal Computer Science.
I can do basic math (algebra whatever), and a couple of lower level subbranches of maths. I don't need any thing else, and it bores the hell out of me.

I'm not gonna say what my "IQ test" was at 16, because I'm not going to encourage support for IQ when i'm against.

I was talking about this on the INTP last week. Someone asked "Do geniuses have it easier?" .
The answer is no, and intelligence is overrated, creativiety and genius is not limited to a special few, intelligence is not fixed, and any thing above "above average intelligence" doesn't make that much difference in performance/results to above average. (IQ was mentioned in the post if I recall correctly) Action is what counts, dedication too. Intelligence as we know it, is overrated.

Whatever!!!!! I went to computer camp at 12. Learned basic with apple 2e, then pascal. I own the movie war games too.
How should we measure, urine?

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
As far as correlation between IQ and MBTI type, my research concludes:
N has a strong tendency towards higher IQ over S
T has a mild tendency towards higher IQ over F
I has a slight tendency towards higher IQ over E
There is no discernible IQ difference of J over P or P over J

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As far as correlation between IQ and MBTI type, my research concludes:
N has a strong tendency towards higher IQ over S
T has a mild tendency towards higher IQ over F
I has a slight tendency towards higher IQ over E
There is no discernible IQ difference of J over P or P over J

Can you elaborate on your research methods and sample sets?