• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mole

Permabanned
entp equals highest iq.

You can stop searching guys.

It is well known that infps have the hightest IQ. In fact infps have the Everest of IQs.

And the only animal with higher IQs are Moles.

Moles have been studied for centuries by scientists for their IQs.

And geneticists are on the verge of inserting Mole DNA into entps to bring them up to scratch.

The problem at the moment is that the same DNA that gives Moles their superior IQ also codes for short sightedness and a velvet coat of fur.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It is well known that infps have the hightest IQ. In fact infps have the Everest of IQs.

And the only animal with higher IQs are Moles.

Moles have been studied for centuries by scientists for their IQs.

And geneticists are on the verge of inserting Mole DNA into entps to bring them up to scratch.

The problem at the moment is that the same DNA that gives Moles their superior IQ also codes for short sightedness and a velvet coat of fur.

Did they let you out today without your blue pills again ?

Mole

Permabanned
Did they let you out today without your blue pills again ?

With modern genetics in train, it won't be long before we are all a little Mole.

Of course it could be sooner if we could sell high intelligence with short sightedness and a velvet coat of fur.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
With modern genetics in train, it won't be long before we are all a little Mole.

Of course it could be sooner if we could sell high intelligence with short sightedness and a velvet coat of fur.

Never compliment a leo ;)

NJJC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Is there any significant correlation? On average, who is the smartest type? For that matter, how do all the types rank? I've done some Google research, and all I've really found are two articles on it. Ironically, these two seem to suggest that Feeling and Intuitive types have higher I.Q.s. I find this kind of strange because I would imagine that Sensing and Thinking would make one smarter rather than going by one's emotions. Strange...

it depends on what u view IQ to be (success in academia?)

If you are talking about academia than INTJ has hte highest IQ, with INFJ being 2nd place....

but in reality IQ is a flawed way of interpreting. A person can suck at math and science but find his niche in music and be amazing. His IQ is then based on how well he performs his craft.

So to be honest IQ has nothing to do with MBTI.

It is really about which type is more likely to find the career that fits their personality.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
it depends on what u view IQ to be (success in academia?)

If you are talking about academia than INTJ has hte highest IQ, with INFJ being 2nd place....

but in reality IQ is a flawed way of interpreting. A person can suck at math and science but find his niche in music and be amazing. His IQ is then based on how well he performs his craft.

So to be honest IQ has nothing to do with MBTI.

It is really about which type is more likely to find the career that fits their personality.

IQ can't really be interpreted. It's a way of indicating one's general intelligence by combining visual, logical and linguistic skills. But I agree on the above, since IQ excludes practical intelligence and doesn't tell you in which areas you're good and in which not.
However, IQ has something to do with MBTI since studies have shown that INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENTP are the types who have the highest average IQ.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
my iq is 145

uh, i think the NTPs i interact with seem the "smartest" but i'm such a judger that i want a definition for that before feeling like there's really an answer to the question

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I have never had my IQ tested professionally. In online tests I've done I can score anywhere from around 100 to 145, so I don't think they are very reliable.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
IQ can't really be interpreted. It's a way of indicating one's general intelligence by combining visual, logical and linguistic skills. But I agree on the above, since IQ excludes practical intelligence and doesn't tell you in which areas you're good and in which not.
However, IQ has something to do with MBTI since studies have shown that INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENTP are the types who have the highest average IQ.

Or that high IQ people type as N types. That's the problem with correlations, you can often agree that there is one, but it's completely different to agreeing what the correlation actually is and why.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
We are the smartest. But the disturbed few and savants drop out and become intps.

Messes up the lifetime statistics

my iq is 145

uh, i think the NTPs i interact with seem the "smartest" but i'm such a judger that i want a definition for that before feeling like there's really an answer to the question

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.

Yeah, if everyone is above 100, then 100 has to be moved, since that's, by definition, the average result. We all can't be smarter than average. Self-reported IQ reminds me of that statistic that 2 out of 3 people think that they're above-average drivers.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, if everyone is above 100, then 100 has to be moved, since that's, by definition, the average result. We all can't be smarter than average. Self-reported IQ reminds me of that statistic that 2 out of 3 people think that they're above-average drivers.

yep and the 1 out of the 2 that is the 2 out of the 3 are actually below-average drivers. but no i think the average I read is now 120 but probably using online iq test result data tbh i should find where i read that and link it. i can't explain online iq results because when i took a legit one at 19 i got 110 now online i get 80 or 90 and i might have gone dumb who knows who cares? well i kinda do but you aren't gonna have that answer

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What has happened is the average IQ has gone up over time (called the Flynn Effect), meaning the various IQ tests have had to be re-calibrated over time. In effect, IQ tests have become harder, to balance out people tending to be better at what IQ tests measure. IQ largely measures abstract reasoning, which makes one wonder if people are functionally becoming more "N" over time.

Another implication of this is that people who had a certain IQ on a test twenty years ago may not score the same today, even if they are equally intelligent (in the sense that IQ measures). Also, IQ isn't necessarily static over the lifespan, so people's IQ scores can go up or down as they age.

It's also important to keep in mind that IQ measures a narrow band of intelligence. I think of someone like my dad, who isn't necessarily super mentally quick (though he's not slow), but who is amazingly self-disciplined and focused. He applies his intelligent much more effectively than many, and to greater results.