• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

G

garbage

Yeah, studies can correlate type with other measures. Even IQ. Imagine that.

But where do the types used in the studies come from? Tests. Most often, the CPP deal itself. And in these parts, we tend to deride the dichotomy-based tests--even the official one. We tend to rely on other means to determine type, such as "vibes," perceived function stackings, and so on.

If we don't think tests accurately measure type, we'll need to ask how inaccurate they are in order to see how exactly type and IQ are related. If your coworker takes the official test which dubs him INTJ but you swear up and down that he's "really" an ISTJ; or if your sweetie gets pegged as an ENFJ but she's "really" an ESFP; imagine how many other mismatches between test result and type there are. (Or, at least, perceived mismatches.)

If these correlations exist, then they exist. They can piss people off, and they can cause billions of fingers to plug billions of ears, but they'll still be kicking around. But by our own definitions, there's some important piece missing to the whole shebang.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
i dunno if i'm really esfj or not, despite it being a popular opinion on typoc, because i do think type is at least related to IQ if not correlative. but my IQ generally falls between 145/155 depending on the test and how tired i feel taking it.

i think that pretty much falls in line with my scores on standardized tests that are supposedly built like IQ tests. for example, my score on the SAT was a 1540 out of 1600, which supposedly translates to an IQ of 154-157 (99.984 percentile). and my GRE scores put my IQ a bit lower, around 145. *shrug*

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

I like how the blog post points out the following and I'm bolding the part that stuck out to me...
.So, to start off, let's look at which types are the most intelligent (the dictionary definition, that is). Here are the types in order from most to least intelligent. Studies have shown that the top three most intelligent MBTI types are INTJs, INTPs, and INFJs.

This backs up my idea that only certain types of IQ can actually be measured and therefore those three types that he mentions have the highest average of "measurable" intelligence, but that does not mean they are, by any means, more intelligent than anyone else. I think it is a false assumption to believe that any given INTJ is more intelligent than any given ESTP or any other type, for that matter. He or she may be more intelligent in one aspect and less so in another that can't be measured with traditional tests. That's why I am a big proponent of the theories of 4 MAT and Multiple Intelligences. Intelligence tests were designed to identify mental retardation. Beyond that, they fail in many ways and too much stock shouldn't be put into them.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Until confirmed otherwise, I'm assuming this is a joke to save my sanity. Prove those friends are what you think they are, just try to prove it.

Most people are average fucks, myself included, and will live and die average fucks and often even those fucks who rise up enough to be successful fucks often do so at the behest of circumstance.

Fortunately we all die like fucks, so it helps soften the blow a little. I'm not even trying to be nihilistic here, just realistic. Besides echoing the cliche, pseudo-nihilism of teeny bops is the thing these days, right? Original, intelligent thoughts aren't my skill after all.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If i remember correctly the correlations with high IQ is N = strong, I = moderate, T = some and J = some(and this is by looking the dichotomies separately, not based on full type code). That obviously doesent mean that an ESFP couldnt have higher IQ than INTJ

Sage

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I (an INTJ) was tested professionally as a child and was deemed to be around 145. My siblings were both within a few points and they are INFP and INTP. Not sure if there is much correlation between intelligence and N, but it is an interesting topic. For sure though, MBTI does not determine one's intelligence. I know several S types that are strikingly intelligent as well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I (an INTJ) was tested professionally as a child and was deemed to be around 145. My siblings were both within a few points and they are INFP and INTP. Not sure if there is much correlation between intelligence and N, but it is an interesting topic. For sure though, MBTI does not determine one's intelligence. I know several S types that are strikingly intelligent as well.

The ISTJ type is at the top of the Sensor IQ scale. ESFP is at the bottom.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm sure this Q has been done to death already, and I'm pretty sure I looked at data, possibly supplied by someone on here about 4 years ago. The highest IQ in some French study, which I think had ropey method was ENFP followed by ENTP and then followed by a few other N types, but it was a long while ago

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure this Q has been done to death already, and I'm pretty sure I looked at data, possibly supplied by someone on here about 4 years ago. The highest IQ in some French study, which I think had ropey method was ENFP followed by ENTP and then followed by a few other N types, but it was a long while ago

I don't know what a "ropey method" is, but the studies I've seen correlate high IQ with Introversion and Intuition, but not necessarily Ni. They are also highly Perceptive. That is in comparison with the general population being studied, where people tend to be Extroverted and Judging.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
it was an old study and the sample sizes were fairly small in pockets, I'm SURE I did something on here, fortunately you can dig it out if I did

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I disagree. I don't generally find N any more intelligent then S. Actually, I find INT types have issues with actually using knowledge in real life which to me shows a lack of intelligence. I think the most intelligent people are any type who have tried to grow the most in the area that fits them. I don't believe that actual IQ test mean much and I am not saying that because I don't do good. I generally test at the genius level. Have taken soi test also and scored as gifted in almost ever aspect. The aspect I didn't score as gifted, most would argue that I should be a genius in that also.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if IQ tests are skewed at all by an effect of certain types having a propensity to hate tests. A class of people being uneager to take a test will suggest a conclusion that doesn't reflect reality.

I personally hate taking tests, I am annoyed by puzzles, I am also annoyed by people who feel the need to quantize absolutely everything. And I feel this is an intelligent position to take in the modern world.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if IQ tests are skewed at all by an effect of certain types having a propensity to hate tests. A class of people being uneager to take a test will suggest a conclusion that doesn't reflect reality.

I personally hate taking tests, I am annoyed by puzzles, I am also annoyed by people who feel the need to quantize absolutely everything. And I feel this is an intelligent position to take in the modern world.

Give the benefit of the doubt to those who seek to know; but treat as potential killers those specimens of insolent depravity who make demands upon you, announcing that they have and seek no reasons, proclaiming, as a license, that they 'just feel it'

Ayn Rand

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Give the benefit of the doubt to those who seek to know; but treat as potential killers those specimens of insolent depravity who make demands upon you, announcing that they have and seek no reasons, proclaiming, as a license, that they 'just feel it'

Ayn Rand

Yep, and If I want learn about Jesus, I'm sure the best person is to ask the Pope.

'Just feeling it' is valid as long as end goals are achieved, explanation is more important for repeatability, which is also valuable, but all have their places in effectiveness depending on situations.

But what I'm really talking about is the propensity for people to get excessively lost in details and lose perspective. I think today's society exemplifies this folly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, and If I want learn about Jesus, I'm sure the best person is to ask the Pope.

'Just feeling it' is valid as long as end goals are achieved, explanation is more important for repeatability, which is also valuable, but all have their places in effectiveness depending on situations.

But what I'm really talking about is the propensity for people to get excessively lost in details and lose perspective. I think today's society exemplifies this folly.

Unfortunately, there's no Ayn Rand quote about learning to see the positives among the negatives (or "folly").

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately, there's no Ayn Rand quote about learning to see the positives among the negatives (or "folly").

You assume too much.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone should know that the smartest type in All of MBTI is INTJ, because they have such dreamy geniuses towering their ranks from the feet of Newton to the tops of Nietzsche unleashed to Omega!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entp equals highest iq.

You can stop searching guys.