• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

G

garbage

To some people, that is exactly what God is. God is different things to different people, just as we humans are, only infinitely moreso.
Exactly. That's why I maintain a somewhat igtheist standpoint outwardly, but something else entirely inwardly.

I'd like to imagine God as a 7w6 so/sx ENFP.

shadowjasmine

Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I'm a INTJ with a IQ of 120
Honestly I think NT's have the highest IQ but thats just my opinion not based on many stats or facts.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ns having higher IQs makes sense when you look at definitions of intuition. It's the ability/drive to acquire knowledge that may defy or delve deeper than what is most easily justified. Ns can be neurotic in their drive to re-discover or test what Sensors may accept as obvious - therefore, Ns tend to have the most experience with complex, abstract thought.

So it's not that Intuitives are born more intelligent (in my mind), but that their disposition makes them prone to exercising cognitive processes that IQ tests often measure.

I'd like to imagine God as a 7w6 so/sx ENFP.

That's interesting; I think that most people would like to imagine God as an xNFJ. ENFP would be more reassuring to me as well. But wouldn't God defy personality systems?

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
Its hard to tell based on type, I knew a few INFJs who were math wizzes while as an Estp, I was more of a music/art/foreign language wiz

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IQ tests don't factor in determination. Which is more a factor in success than intelligence.

I never liked tests. I think my IQ test was 128. That was a long time ago. I don't thin that accurately represents my knowledge, wisdom or experience. Besides, standardized testing is B.S. (my opinion).

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't IQ more the ability to get along in this world and well .... "get it?" Versus being "book smart?" If so- it would make sense to me why feelers / intuitives would have higher IQs.

Anyone know a good online IQ test to take? I've never taken one!

Cygnus

"Attention! I am the Holy Lord God Doctor Professor Sir Emperor of Intuitives United Multiversal! I hereby declare that all inferior Sensor types be vanquished! For my holy will dictates that Intuitives shall have all knowledge! and they shall pull the answers to the universe out their butt cracks, and they shall be completely mentally healthy, and they shall be morally straight. Damnation to him that is Sensor! for he that is called Sensor, let that man rot in hell! The fires of stupidity shall consume him, and totally jerkassery shall be of his being, and he shall cry and scream and be able to see two feet ahead of him, and he shall wish for death and not have it.
But my gift is being intuitive. We can see the big picture while our Sensor inferiors see thte details, except the SPs aren't focused and we get the important details better than them; and every historical figure shall be Intuitive and OMFGOMFGZOMFGZOMFGLMFAOROLFLULZBRB, Did u no dat IN TUITIVES are SOMUCHDAMNSMARTER than SENSORS!!!!!!becuz, liek even a too ytear old could know, sensors are EVIL ANMD STUPID! AND IM SO MISUNDERSTOOD ABND BUTTHURT AND REAL LIFE SUCKS AND WE USE LOGIC AND SEE THE BIG F-ING PICTURE AND WE HAVE NO EMOTIONS AND WE ARE SUPERIOR AND WE LIKE TO GIGGLE AT THOIUGT OF ALL THE STUPID F-ING SENSEORS DIEING AT OUR HANDS MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm thoroughly ashamed at the MBTI community. This is the furthest extent to which we claim we can correlate MBTI and intelligence? By glorifying a function we don't fully understand yet and persecuting all who do not use it strongly? You people are inventing a new form of discrimination. I'm disgusted. Go immerse your computer and all other electronic devices in your house in sulfuric acid, all you elitist scum.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Attention! I am the Holy Lord God Doctor Professor Sir Emperor of Intuitives United Multiversal! I hereby declare that all inferior Sensor types be vanquished! For my holy will dictates that Intuitives shall have all knowledge! and they shall pull the answers to the universe out their butt cracks, and they shall be completely mentally healthy, and they shall be morally straight. Damnation to him that is Sensor! for he that is called Sensor, let that man rot in hell! The fires of stupidity shall consume him, and totally jerkassery shall be of his being, and he shall cry and scream and be able to see two feet ahead of him, and he shall wish for death and not have it.
But my gift is being intuitive. We can see the big picture while our Sensor inferiors see thte details, except the SPs aren't focused and we get the important details better than them; and every historical figure shall be Intuitive and OMFGOMFGZOMFGZOMFGLMFAOROLFLULZBRB, Did u no dat IN TUITIVES are SOMUCHDAMNSMARTER than SENSORS!!!!!!becuz, liek even a too ytear old could know, sensors are EVIL ANMD STUPID! AND IM SO MISUNDERSTOOD ABND BUTTHURT AND REAL LIFE SUCKS AND WE USE LOGIC AND SEE THE BIG F-ING PICTURE AND WE HAVE NO EMOTIONS AND WE ARE SUPERIOR AND WE LIKE TO GIGGLE AT THOIUGT OF ALL THE STUPID F-ING SENSEORS DIEING AT OUR HANDS MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm thoroughly ashamed at the MBTI community. This is the furthest extent to which we claim we can correlate MBTI and intelligence? By glorifying a function we don't fully understand yet and persecuting all who do not use it strongly? You people are inventing a new form of discrimination. I'm disgusted. Go immerse your computer and all other electronic devices in your house in sulfuric acid, all you elitist scum.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I don't doubt what you're saying.

However, we should be tolerant towards the elitist scum, and not condemn them the same way they condemn others to having low IQs.

Paige93701

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah that's true I'm an INFP and I aspire to be a published writer.

S

Stansmith

I'm starting to notice less of a difference as time goes by. Most people of all types more-or-less range from slightly below-average in intellect, to somewhat-gifted...There isn't that big of a discrepancy between most Sensors and most Intuitives, they just happen to focus/dwell on different things..

the resident

MBTI Type
esfj
Enneagram
3w8
As a child, I scored 138 on my IQ test for academic placement. It's funny that looking back, I realize that what tripped me up has been a lifelong pattern.

L

LadyLazarus

This dickweed I swear. :yapyapyap:
Although I can't say I disagree, those damn sensators is really stupid.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Intelligence is not the the same as intellect, nor is it the same as knowledge and it is absolutely useless without wisdom. It is a mere indication of ability to learn and intelligence tests can only measure the ability to learn in certain fields.

Current trends are getting far away from the old I.Q. tests and leaning more toward multiple intelligences. MBTI has little to do with true intelligence as any type can be brilliant in their cognitive functions.

Recent experts now agree that the more gifted a child is, the more well-rounded, and compassionate, he or she will likely be. Emotional and Social Intelligence are on par with more traditional types. The new standards of intelligence go far beyond mathematical abilities.

But don't take my word for it. Do the research. Here's a book suggestion to get you started. It's called [U]Understanding the Social and Emotional Lives of Gifted Students. [/U] by Thomas P. Hebert. Ph.D. Dr. Hebert spends a lot of time, money and words delving into the subject. He quotes resources after resources after resources to support his conclusions. It appears that IQ tests were designed to identify the mentally handicap, not rank everyone else.

I know it will make some people angry for me to say this, but the old notion that some types are more intelligent than others is a farce. It depends on the type of intelligence you measure and there is no true evidence that one type of intelligence is superior to another. It often appears that INTJs and INTPs are more intelligent but that is only because the tests measure their particular type of intelligence.

In closing, I'd like to say that I enjoyed this blog entry. Here's a link. http://realdoctorstu.com/2011/07/11/the-iq-myth-and-its-fascist-origins-just-how-intelligent-are-you/

I really believe that to assume that one type of MBTI is more intelligent than others is to be very narrow-minded. But to say that one type scores higher on tests than others...well, that may be provable but it only proves that they score higher on tests. I made wonderful grades through school but that doesn't make me more intelligent than the child who didn't. It only means I'm better at jumping through academic hoops. As for the I.Q. test...during the course of my research I've taken a few. According to them, I'm a genius, but I don't take much pride in that, because I've discovered just how inadequate they are. You can't measure a person's mental ability with a single number.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP here. -20 I.Q. add it to your data pool, suckers.

*flips bird*

*disco struts out*