• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't get me involved in your wizard duel.

The Fonz: long intuitive face, sad thinker eyes. Isn't it amazing how hollywood can take a nerd and turn him into a Fonzie?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Fonz: long intuitive face, sad thinker eyes. Isn't it amazing how hollywood can take a nerd and turn him into a Fonzie?

Finally! Someone who understands me!

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
AYYYYYY! I can unsnap a bra hook in under 1 second through 3 layers of clothing.

I found the equation for F :biggrin:

It has escaped thinkers for aeons. I'll teach y'all one day.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^that's interesting. The highest iq I've met have usually been inxps (as a group) the two highest iq individuals I've known were an intj aspie friend and an an estj gf both hovering around the 180s

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
The majority of Americans are extraverted (about 75%), but the majority of gifted children appear to be introverted (about 60%), and the percentage of introverts seems to increase with IQ (Silverman, 1986).

FWIW, 75% of the population is not extraverted, if we are using MBTI. There are slightly more introverts.

http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/estimated-frequencies.htm FWIW. I'd immediately distrust the other snips as it seems to be using really bad "psycho-metric" data (presumably an offshoot of MBTI, or pre step I MBTI?)

Standuble

Mine usually scores around the 118 mark but I'm probably more or less average IQ. Derr I'm too stoopid for dis!

I've always wondered what the mind of a genius (in the respect of someone who repeatedly scores higher than 140+ IQ) is like. To be burdened with the ability to understand and that others are looking to you (even if they do not realise it) to do great things which they would no doubt benefit from. I've always envisioned it as a heaven as the one who is useless carries a greater burden than the one is useful (the useless one may not realise he carries this burden.) We're all miserable inside but they have the ability to do great things despite their misery, to change the world if they chose to.

However I am always sceptical of IQ tests. It's heavily geared towards pattern recognition and logical thinking so of course IN types will score higher. I'm tempted to say that if INFJs created God in their own image then INTJs created IQ tests in theirs.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Mine usually scores around the 118 mark but I'm probably more or less average IQ. Derr I'm too stoopid for dis!
When you say you usually score around 118, are you referring to online tests? These don't really have any merit to them.

However I am always sceptical of IQ tests. It's heavily geared towards pattern recognition and logical thinking so of course IN types will score higher.
This is why I'm a big fan of the multiple intelligences theory.

I'm tempted to say that if INFJs created God in their own image then INTJs created IQ tests in theirs.
Ha! I wouldn't be surprised. :laugh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How many more times will this piss-contest thread be resurrected, I wonder.

Standuble

When you say you usually score around 118, are you referring to online tests? These don't really have any merit to them.

They were online tests, I don't think there have been any real ones. That's why I am sceptical about the result - could be higher but most likely average.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

You are right. Therefore the post is gone. I apologize for all wet pant legs and never again will I click on the IQ thread, but shall take this cursed idol and throw it in the sea of forgetfulness.:bye:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are right. Therefore the post is gone. I apologize for all wet pant legs and never again will I click on the IQ thread, but shall take this cursed idol and throw it in the sea of forgetfulness.:bye:

:laugh: Who pees on themselves during a piss contest?!
Now, that's just awful.

That smell will never come out.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

this reminds me... I watched the Re-Animator the other day... it was so delightfully cheesy and dreadful :wubbie:

and this thread will keep resurrecting until everyone has overcompensated for their inadequacies by stating that their type is smarter than everyone else's :doh:

G

garbage

and this thread will keep resurrecting until everyone has overcompensated for their inadequacies by stating that their type is smarter than everyone else's :doh:
I hesitate to even post in this thread because it's going to perpetuate it, but I suppose it's already resurrected so why the hell not.

--

We use type test statistics and correlation with other measures (IQ, % population, etc.). We also state how the type tests are terrible a measure of actual type.

We then claim the former to be meaningful anyway, disregarding the latter assertion when it suits our purposes to do so.

We're fantastic. Go us! :happy0065:

If (if!) we believe in JCF extensions to MBTI, and if (if!) we actually give a fuck about this question, the actual answer lies in facing this problem and reconciling it.

Off the top of my head, here: It's a matter of conditional probability. We have an answer to the question--"What's the correlation between tested type and IQ?" We don't have an answer to the question--"Given that one tests as a certain type, what's the probability that he is that type?" Depending on that probability, virtually every conclusion we make regarding IQ, population, etc. based on type statistics could be pretty meaningless, regardless of what the correlation table between type and IQ tells us.

Hell, most of the research behind g has been in terms of factor analysis. :popc1:

--

Also for the record: I'm not saying that I don't think there's an answer to this question; I'm saying that (a) we're approaching it wrong and (b) it's likely that it doesn't mean a whole fat lot anyway. Of course the g measure itself has merit.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure that my INFP 4w5 mother, my ISFP 9w8 friend, and my ESFP 6w7 sister are all smarter than me when it comes to natural intelligence, like for example IQ, but what makes me wiser than they are is that I do the best with what I have been given, that is, I use the intelligence I have been born with to its full and complete potential, so even though it may take me awhile longer to adjust to the light of truth than it does for them, a will wait more patiently until gradually, little by little, I can comprehend the truth in a complete clarity of vision. Therefore, IQ gives one a greater ability, but not necessarily a greater desire to walk the way on the quest for enlightenment.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hesitate to even post in this thread because it's going to perpetuate it, but I suppose it's already resurrected so why the hell not.

--

We use type test statistics and correlation with other measures (IQ, % population, etc.). We also state how the type tests are terrible a measure of actual type.

We then claim the former to be meaningful anyway, disregarding the latter assertion when it suits our purposes to do so.

We're fantastic. Go us! :happy0065:

If (if!) we believe in JCF extensions to MBTI, and if (if!) we actually give a fuck about this question, the actual answer lies in facing this problem and reconciling it.

Off the top of my head, here: It's a matter of conditional probability. We have an answer to the question--"What's the correlation between tested type and IQ?" We don't have an answer to the question--"Given that one tests as a certain type, what's the probability that he is that type?" Depending on that probability, virtually every conclusion we make regarding IQ, population, etc. based on type statistics could be pretty meaningless, regardless of what the correlation table between type and IQ tells us.

For the record, the g factor has some merit.

it always amuses me how little grasp most people have on statistics... which is probably why adding in some numbers is the easiest way to support your lie in most cases :doh:

basing an entire argument on why some people are inferior on shoddy research and stats on a topic that can't even be conclusively proven in any manner just ends up making the arguer look stupid :laugh:

for goodness sake... I can easily take the same test on two different days and get completely different results... I'm not special, so I'm assuming this would be true of just about anyone... damned self reporting tests :thelook:

but this goes back to the "people don't understand numbers and testing all that well" argument... which really makes a thread like this pretty pointless... :sadbanana:

so pretty much, you're right, mr lunchmeat :yes:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
They were online tests, I don't think there have been any real ones. That's why I am sceptical about the result - could be higher but most likely average.

Yeah, I hate to break it to you buddy, but those online tests mean nothing and tend to score you higher than you really are.