• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha yes they do!

She just hands me ammo.

For example, she thinks that she is an expert on music. I have a huge array of nature cds, instrumentals, classical, etc that I have brought in as "background noise". She came in one day and this occurred:

JR (her initials): Oh, I see that you are listening to whale music... *cocks head to side* Sounds like HUMPBACK from my personal experience.
Me: Wow! I am really glad you are here because I totally would never have learned so much about whales! How long have you been studying whales? Are you a marine biologist? Where did you go for school? What was your dissertation on? Wow!
JR: Well, um, it's just sort of a hobby of mine really... *smirks away*

(The CD was called Forest Solitudes and the song we were listening to had birds chirping and wolves howling. Humpback wolves apparently.)

Thanks for giving me more uses for my MENSA membership, anyways.

(Walk into a place where someone is working and minding their own business.) HEY! hey! I belong to MENSA.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am in MENSA.

I'm going to come back after I get in with a bigger and more flamboyant font in magenta and an avatar that turns heads. Then we'll see who's in MENSA.

T

ThatGirl

So awkward.

"Oh man, I did so well on this test. I'm way smarter than they thought I was!"
"Oh yea? Well my IQ is 145. So there."

Lol, I come from competitive surroundings. Also, it would really make other people look bad if I ended up being smarter than they were.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, I come from competitive surroundings. Also, it would really make other people look bad if I ended up being smarter than they were.

Aww, that's tough. My friends were a little like that in high school. I was in that preppy, overbearing, top of the class crowd. (I'm not really exactly sure how they ended up being my friends.) They annoyed me to tears with their intensity when it came to school and sports. Come to think of it, they may have thrown their IQ's a couple of times as well. Now a few of them graduated from good schools with engineering and such and are probably just as miserable as ever. My family wasn't like that at all, though. Thank-goodness! I do not see it in my day to day life much, either. For what it's worth, you have always sounded intelligent to me!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LMAO I QUALIFY FOR MENSA

i really don't mean any offense if any of you are in it and like it, but it has always come off to me as a very navel-gazing sort of affair. the only people i've ever known who were in it were very full of themselves. i feel like if you're actually that smart... that'll show for itself. why would you need to promote it by joining a club?

ThatGirl said:
I milked the misunderstanding for all it was worth.

Also, a lot of people on this forum have claimed above 140 IQ in various conversations.

:hifive:

yeah, there's got to be some internet rule about IQs. one's reported IQ online is greater or equal to at least one standard deviation above their actual score...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Really? The SAT is a qualifying score? or the GRE? That's odd.

The SAT and GRE do not qualify anymore. Otherwise I and every idiot grad student I know would be in Mensa (the cutoff used to be kind of a low number...plus, pretty much everyone who gets into grad school does above a 1290.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The SAT and GRE do not qualify anymore. Otherwise I and every idiot grad student I know would be in Mensa (the cutoff used to be kind of a low number...plus, pretty much everyone who gets into grad school does above a 1290.)

Yeah, I noticed there was a date cutoff. Those things you can just study for.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The link that I see between the MBTI and intelligence is that if you have a rare type, you will probably have a rare type of intelligence too, assuming that all types have their specific intelligence.

But who am I to judge that a specific type of intelligence is better than another one?

If kinesthetic intelligence would become uncommon would it suddenly be more valuable? Would dancing mean more ?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When it comes to success, I think emotional intelligence is equally as important as IQ, if not more. I've spent a good amount of time trying to develop EI. And I was actually driven to mbti because I wanted to understand people (strengthen a weakness). ISTP's are good at alot of things, people definitely NOT being one of them lol..... I think my IQ is pretty low for the internet.... it's about 120 (HTG truth too, it is not 110 or 100 or anything else lol). Honestly, I think what is important to me is to be well-rounded.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
120 is pretty low for the internet. From what I've gathered, anyone below 130 should be ignored. Same goes for people with penises shorter than 8 inches.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
120 is pretty low for the internet. From what I've gathered, anyone below 130 should be ignored. Same goes for people with penises shorter than 8 inches.

Yeah, never saw someone in the internets who claimed to have an IQ lower than 135, lol.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
And they all live in Lake Woebegone, where everyone eats powdermilk biscuits and all children are above average.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
When it comes to success, I think emotional intelligence is equally as important as IQ, if not more. I've spent a good amount of time trying to develop EI. And I was actually driven to mbti because I wanted to understand people (strengthen a weakness). ISTP's are good at alot of things, people definitely NOT being one of them lol..... I think my IQ is pretty low for the internet.... it's about 120 (HTG truth too, it is not 110 or 100 or anything else lol). Honestly, I think what is important to me is to be well-rounded.

I think mine is pretty low for the society. Average or under average except for some parts perhaps. I don't need to take a test to know that I have a clearly unbalanced profile.

I don't think it determine intelligence properly though, my father has an incredibly high IQ and he's brilliant in some subjects like maths or science but he has no critical thinking. I think aintelligence is nothing without a bit of a critical mind and ability to reflect upon things, doubt them, judge them , think without relying only on past experiences and be both open-minded and narrow-minded.

IQ is just a relative figure. It's useful when it comes to diagnosing learning difficulties and definitely say something about one's abilities but it doesn't take into consideration everything.

Skills don't always come with other form of intelligence. I admire my brother for being able to use theories and apply them practically (considering that he's more of a doer than I am) but he lacks critical thinking as well, and I think it's sad (not the righ word but I can't find any other) that many capable people don't develop their thinking and act stupid.

The fact that the society rely so much on IQ test to define intelligence prove as well that we are in a society which doesn't really think...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LMAO I QUALIFY FOR MENSA

i really don't mean any offense if any of you are in it and like it, but it has always come off to me as a very navel-gazing sort of affair. the only people i've ever known who were in it were very full of themselves. i feel like if you're actually that smart... that'll show for itself. why would you need to promote it by joining a club?

I have a friend who is in Mensa and she's in it for the intellectual stimulation. I don't think she's "full of herself". She just enjoys the conversation with other highly intelligent people.