• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kid, what blog? You lost me there.

The Thomas blog. I still don't know who Thomas is, so I'm calling him some kid.

In light of this uproaring of intelligence topics, I think I want to go join MENSA. For no other purpose than to log on here and use it as an argument. "Well I am an ESFP who joined MENSA." I may just barely make the cut. (Maybe.)

This could come in handy in other aspects of life, too.

Job interviews: "I belong to MENSA"
To someone with nicer hair: "Nice hair, but I belong to MENSA."
To any INTP: "I belong to MENSA."
To someone with more money: "Well I belong to MENSA."
Someone who makes a comment that I don't like, "you look tired.": "That's because my mind is always running with my high IQ and my high IQ society membership that keeps me busy. MENSA, I'm sure you've never heard of it."

Is there another purpose to join? This could be a fun little extra ego protection insurance. And everyone will like me better.

T

ThatGirl

....I don't think you can join mensa with a 135.....:doh:

Look at that, I guess you can depending on what test you take.

Shit people must lie about their IQs a lot.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm not sure. I had this MENSA practice book thingee a while ago and took the test. I was on the line according to that test. You're probably right, but it's fun to think about.

"Yea, the MENSA people, they said I almost made the cut. They don't take pretty girls though." :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Look at that, I guess you can depending on what test you take.

Shit people must lie about their IQs a lot.

Wait, isn't there one standardized test for the actual membership? I think that would be the only one that actually lets you in. (So, no, probably not a 135 IQ on the real thing.)

T

ThatGirl

Qualifying Scores

I just think it is funny, because if I had a nickel for every person who has claimed to have a 140+ IQ.

I am either surrounded by the world's most genius people, or they are full of shit.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wait, isn't there one standardized test for the actual membership? I think that would be the only one that actually lets you in. (So, no, probably not a 135 IQ on the real thing.)

No, there are a few different tests you can take (each with different scales) that allow you admittance, so the number itself is meaningless. It depends on the test.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Qualifying Scores

I just think it is funny, because if I had a nickel for every person who has claimed to have a 140+ IQ.

I am either surrounded by the world's most genius people, or they are full of shit.

Really? The SAT is a qualifying score? or the GRE? That's odd. Also, people tell you their IQ scores? How on Earth is that coming up in casual conversation? How awkward.

No, there are a few different tests you can take (each with different scales) that allow you admittance, so the number itself is meaningless. It depends on the test.

Hm. Cool.

"Yeah, I'm in MENSA. The test I took to get in measured my relative worth as a human being, and apparently I'm worth a lot."

That's what I'm thinking. You probably get into all the best clubs.

G

garbage

Also, people tell you their IQ scores? How on Earth is that coming up in casual conversation?

you hit it right square on the swollen, bulbous, brain-filled head:

Job interviews: "I belong to MENSA"
To someone with nicer hair: "Nice hair, but I belong to MENSA."
To any INTP: "I belong to MENSA."
To someone with more money: "Well I belong to MENSA."
Someone who makes a comment that I don't like, "you look tired.": "That's because my mind is always running with my high IQ and my high IQ society membership that keeps me busy. MENSA, I'm sure you've never heard of it."

T

ThatGirl

Really? The SAT is a qualifying score? or the GRE? That's odd. Also, people tell you their IQ scores? How on Earth is that coming up in casual conversation? How awkward.

Man: So you want to go out sometime?
TG: What is your IQ?

Just kidding it is actually a funny story. Two years ago when I decided to go to college for fun, I had a one hour break from my hair stylist job to fit the assessment test in. I was the last one in and first one out (probably took me 20 min) and I ended up scoring 99th percentile.

The way the examiners and counselors treated me freaked me the fuck out, since it was pretty much decided I was mentally retarded by everyone I knew, and so I told the story to people out of awe. At which point they would all start disclosing their IQs. Friends, family members, in-laws....

What's funny is I doubt the test was based on IQ, it really was simple. Just reading comprehension, and some math. But yeah, I milked the misunderstanding for all it was worth.

Also, a lot of people on this forum have claimed above 140 IQ in various conversations.

As far as I know, my father was the only person I know ever confirmed in this area.

A

Anew Leaf

"Yeah, I'm in MENSA. The test I took to get in measured my relative worth as a human being, and apparently I'm worth a lot."

A woman who is an engineer comes in to my business every now and again. For the first dozen times she came in, she clearly thought she was smarter than everyone else, and would "Brag" about being in Mensa. One day one of my employees gallently tossed out there that I had been in Mensa (actually, I qualified but was creeped out when it was all awkward males at the one meeting my dad dragged me to). She turned to me with this look of surprise/horror on her face, and said, oh.... you were? So I (who had been waiting for this moment with the patience of a non INFP) said, yeah, I found it less pretensious then when the triple 9 society came knocking. her hurried response, oh yeah! yeah! i thought the same thing! haha!.... awkward escape.

I enjoy toying with her.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A woman who is an engineer comes in to my business every now and again. For the first dozen times she came in, she clearly thought she was smarter than everyone else, and would "Brag" about being in Mensa. One day one of my employees gallently tossed out there that I had been in Mensa (actually, I qualified but was creeped out when it was all awkward males at the one meeting my dad dragged me to). She turned to me with this look of surprise/horror on her face, and said, oh.... you were? So I (who had been waiting for this moment with the patience of a non INFP) said, yeah, I found it less pretensious then when the triple 9 society came knocking. her hurried response, oh yeah! yeah! i thought the same thing! haha!.... awkward escape.

I enjoy toying with her.

People seriously do that in real life? How on Earth can you pull that one off? I would laugh out loud if someone bragged, (more than once, out of context) that they were in MENSA. Haha, nice that you could have something witty to say, though :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man: So you want to go out sometime?
TG: What is your IQ?

Just kidding it is actually a funny story. Two years ago when I decided to go to college for fun, I had a one hour break from my hair stylist job to fit the assessment test in. I was the last one in and first one out (probably took me 20 min) and I ended up scoring 99th percentile.

The way the examiners and counselors treated me freaked me the fuck out, since it was pretty much decided I was mentally retarded by everyone I knew, and so I told the story to people out of awe. At which point they would all start disclosing their IQs. Friends, family members, in-laws....

What's funny is I doubt the test was based on IQ, it really was simple. Just reading comprehension, and some math. But yeah, I milked the misunderstanding for all it was worth.

Also, a lot of people on this forum have claimed above 140 IQ in various conversations.

As far as I know, my father was the only person I know ever confirmed in this area.

So awkward.

"Oh man, I did so well on this test. I'm way smarter than they thought I was!"
"Oh yea? Well my IQ is 145. So there."

A

Anew Leaf

People seriously do that in real life? How on Earth can you pull that one off? I would laugh out loud if someone bragged, (more than once, out of context) that they were in MENSA. Haha, nice that you could have something witty to say, though :D

Haha yes they do!

She just hands me ammo.

For example, she thinks that she is an expert on music. I have a huge array of nature cds, instrumentals, classical, etc that I have brought in as "background noise". She came in one day and this occurred:

JR (her initials): Oh, I see that you are listening to whale music... *cocks head to side* Sounds like HUMPBACK from my personal experience.
Me: Wow! I am really glad you are here because I totally would never have learned so much about whales! How long have you been studying whales? Are you a marine biologist? Where did you go for school? What was your dissertation on? Wow!
JR: Well, um, it's just sort of a hobby of mine really... *smirks away*

(The CD was called Forest Solitudes and the song we were listening to had birds chirping and wolves howling. Humpback wolves apparently.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha yes they do!

She just hands me ammo.

For example, she thinks that she is an expert on music. I have a huge array of nature cds, instrumentals, classical, etc that I have brought in as "background noise". She came in one day and this occurred:

JR (her initials): Oh, I see that you are listening to whale music... *cocks head to side* Sounds like HUMPBACK from my personal experience.
Me: Wow! I am really glad you are here because I totally would never have learned so much about whales! How long have you been studying whales? Are you a marine biologist? Where did you go for school? What was your dissertation on? Wow!

(The CD was called Forest Solitudes and the song we were listening to had birds chirping and wolves howling. Humpback wolves apparently.)

Yes, knowing everything and belonging to MENSA is the key to good relationships. (Takes notes)

A

Anew Leaf

Yes, knowing everything and belonging to MENSA is the key to good relationships. (Takes notes)

I also require a working knowledge of calculus and astrophysics at all time.
If a guy's gonna date me, he better be able to move his way around the cosmos.

G

Glycerine

Haha yes they do!

She just hands me ammo.

hahahaha classic. Messing w/ people is fun.