• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Pretty much every C and B student I know, from the three high schools I went to, over 1000 people, the ones with the average IQ's are wealthy and the nerds like me can make six figures but only as professionals. The ones with C's and B's started businesses or are directors of marketing now making half a million at least.

Sure with a high IQ you can be a doctor, lawyer, accountant, part of the priest class...but the mercenaries make the big bucks and for that you need a different kind of intelligence than IQ which is basically being a scribe.
If world worked like that, half-a-million would be a median wage. There must be some kind of selection bias.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
The connection should be obvious to anyone who understands the big five.
It is obvious and I do understand Big 5. Its obvious why people are connecting the two. Its also obvious that high neuroticism doesn't equate to test anxiety. B5 tells you that youre anxiety prone, it does not tell you what you get anxiety about. Correlation is not causation.

Last edited:

Skimt

My intelligence is so low that I fail to understand why my friends openly admire my intelligence. Intelligence is the combined efforts of a group. When a group succeeds it's because the people involved synchronized, and made up for the other's weaknesses and strengths.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To
My intelligence is so low that I fail to understand why my friends openly admire my intelligence. Intelligence is the combined efforts of a group. When a group succeeds it's because the people involved synchronized, and made up for the other's weaknesses and strengths.
You are either smarter than you realize or they are just dumber than you

it’s not uncommon for social circles to have their own Donatellos

Hawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
Every true IQ test I have seen claimed it tested for pattern recognition. That's not intellectual measurement.

I argue there is a triangle like with ohm's law in electronics. The three points of the triangle are awareness, intelligence and wisdom.

Without awareness, you cannot gain true intelligence or wisdom.

Wisdom is the application of intelligence.

Intelligence is knowledge of facts.

Therefore based on being a self made man and very often looked up to for what I know and have done, (which means nothing to me as I am as messed up as anyone else), I conclude:

IQ cannot be measured.

The smartest are those who have acquired knowledge of fact and applied it to life to learn systems of things and understand how those systems correlate to every detail around them.

That's IQ.

Skimt

To

You are either smarter than you realize or they are just dumber than you

it’s not uncommon for social circles to have their own Donatellos
That's an encouraging thought, but I think they have a traditional interpretation of intelligence, the same interpretation that I can get caught up on at university where I'm surrounded by smarty-pants, and that they are smarter than they give themselves credit for. They have skills, demeanors, and an outlook on life that acts as strengths where I have weaknesses.

I'm glad that the skill I do have got me through university without much study, because I can't read books. Although I realize when I say that, people will despise me because they had to work hard for it. But how smart can you really be when you can't read? It's probably not top tier intelligence.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's an encouraging thought, but I think they have a traditional interpretation of intelligence, the same interpretation that I can get caught up on at university where I'm surrounded by smarty-pants, and that they are smarter than they give themselves credit for. They have skills, demeanors, and an outlook on life that acts as strengths where I have weaknesses.

I'm glad that the skill I do have got me through university without much study, because I can't read books. Although I realize when I say that, people will despise me because they had to work hard for it. But how smart can you really be when you can't read? It's probably not top tier intelligence.
people with high intelligence tend to be more likely to self-analyze ad infinitum any perceived self flaws, and so they will downplay indicators of their intelligence and talents whilst focusing in on any and every shortcoming. Dunning-Kruger is some real shit.

If these people are seeing those qualities in you enough to point them out, then that means they are likely real qualities. Don't short sell yourself or over-analyze yourself into thinking you are less. Very likely some or all of these friends are similarly downplaying their own intelligence and talents. If all of you are attending university and doing okay, then there's a good likelihood that both you and your friends are in the least above average intelligence. People also tend to be drawn to and socialize more with those at a similar education and intelligence level. So if you see these people as intelligent, and they value your company, friendship and wisdom, then you need to realize they probably didn't decide to befriend and hang around a total ingrate.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Myers Briggs of our presidents and their IQ’s

NT’s
1. John Quincy Adams NT 168.8

2. Thomas Jefferson NT 153.8

7. John Adams NT 142.3

11: James Madison NT 141.3

12. Abraham Lincoln NT 140

13. Barack Obama ENTJ 140

SP’s
4. Bill Clinton SP 148.8

8. Theodore Roosevelt SP 142.3

9. James Garfield SP 141.5

10. Chester Arthur SP 141.5

14. Franklin Roosevelt SP 139.6

SJ’s
5. Woodrow Wilson SJ 145.1

6. Jimmy Carter SJ 145.1

NF’s
3. John F. Kennedy INFP 150.7

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I feel like my IQ has to be in the negatives at this point. I must lose a point a day by just existing as myself.

wah wah wah

Astara

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I did a 3 hour IQ test with a Neuropsychologist recently - I am an INFJ and I scored highest in abstract reasoning which actually makes a lot of sense.

You can definitely get 'better' at IQ tests and I've certainly seen this in myself since taking up study, they are certainly not the be all and end all of everything though and I really think you can improve. It makes sense that the area you naturally excel in is reflective of your dominant function though.