First 45859394959697 Last

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stek View Post
    Obviously, there are exceptions to any tendency. However, it is reasonable to assume that in the case that you had been even more intelligent, you would have been able to achieve more in less time. I do agree, though, that the knowledge of having an average or below average IQ could discourage the motivation to achieve ones goals. I'm glad to hear it didn't seem to affect you much.
    I excel at reasoning and problem-solving in many areas of my life. When I do go ask for help, most of the time people don't know much more than I do and I end up schooling them a good chunk of the time. But I tend to perform rather mediocrely on aptitude tests for some reason. So, that was part of the reason why I was arguing not to put too much stock into IQ tests... even if it was purely anecdotal.
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

IQ tests? More like Ti tests.
    They involve solving rules, patterns, logical hierarchy, and all the logical processes in order to figure the result that seems the most "logically correct". I would wager that those with strong Ti and decent intelligence would score high on the IQ tests. It makes no sense to claim that Feeling types score a higher IQ result. Like Ti, math (symbols) is highly abstracted logic.
    ;

IQ tests are also about how quickly you can process and conclude the answers, and claims to be a measure of "mental retardation" rather than intelligence itself. For some reason I am slow at everything, including practical activities. I actually got a little extra time at school during exams because teachers noticed my bad habit. I have always had a poor attention span, but somehow it is improving as I become older. My IQ score was average (technically above average...) with a score of 109. Not that impressive I know.

However, IQ may not be a measure of verbal and literal intelligence. It is quite mathematical, and although apparently I was good at problem solving questions, I have poor skills in math - but not science. But my english (/my writing) skills are not so bad. I have always felt like everyone cannot have an equal measure of artistic, mathematical and literacy talents, unless they are very fortunate. I am most talented in artistic pursuits rather than maths, but I can also recognize and learn the vocabulary and rules involved with science. But when they turn into numbers and symbols, I struggle badly.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    IsTP
    Enneagram
    954 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

My true type (via functions) is still very much up in the air, but I'm 93% sure I lead with Ti.
    In second grade my IQ tested 144.
    Last time I remember officially testing, which was in 4th grade with the county, I scored 138, which is still well within gifted.

Now I'm a Music Performance and Maths double major, though I'm seriously struggling in this semester's upper level math course (complex analysis). That might be more that I don't usually do the optional homework though. Same with the music history course (except that homework isn't optional and I'm not struggling as hard there because my notes are easier to read). I also did pretty well in the sciences up until I took AP Chemistry in tenth grade - I missed seven consecutive days of class (at the time we had 90 minute block periods) and I was never quite able to make that up. Haven't taken a science course since, though I've wanted to.

I took the ACT once. It was my twelfth grade year, it was the latest date I could take it and still get my scores to the universities on time, and I didn't study or anything leading up to it. My scores: Reading 33, Writing 33, Math 26 (because I didn't answer a quarter of the questions because I got complacent), Science 35. Overall 32.

And people question my being Ti-dom.
    (I might have been more affected by Hard's comment in a different thread than I'll let myself openly admit.)

I miss sciences, particularly biomedical sciences. I'm thinking of dropping the maths double major (since I don't want to go to grad school with it anyways and it'll just add another year to my undergrad, and for what reason?) and taking post-bacc pre-med courses.

I'm not sure how exactly that factors in to the IQ discussion but yeah.
    Accidentally offensive

MBTI: IxTP (Ti-dom, leaning on Ne-aux)
    Socionics: idek anymore. SLI, ILI, LII....
    Enneagram: 9w1 > 5b > 4w5 sp
    Alignment: Neutral (inching toward Lawful neutral)
    Temperament: Phlegmatic/Melancholic > Sanguine (online persona) > Choleric
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/25/258523.png
    Johari and Nohari

MBTI
    xSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    I excel at reasoning and problem-solving in many areas of my life. When I do go ask for help, most of the time people don't know much more than I do and I end up schooling them a good chunk of the time. But I tend to perform rather mediocrely on aptitude tests for some reason. So, that was part of the reason why I was arguing not to put too much stock into IQ tests... even if it was purely anecdotal.
    Tests are a half ass way of seeing what people know at the time they took the test. This is so far disconnected from life its not funny. In life you have a HUGE number of resources, no time limit, group discussions, etc. Its why you don't really become experienced until you have been in the field. Life is about finding the answers, tests are about knowing the answers.

On another note, I would argue that IQ is not about problem solving abilities, but more with the speed you can process something. I say this because we have a lot of "Geniuses" that couldn't solve a real life problem if the answer smacked them in the face. They would be stuck behind what their brain says is and isn't possible. Think of their thought process as a theory...what doesn't fit in the theory isn't so...it doesn't make sense. These people excel in school, but fail in life because life does not follow the theory they are taught. I know one person who is at the "Genius" level except he couldn't understand balance in the work place...their was the right way and the hack. The hack was the balance between all the variables...time, money, technology, etc. The masterpiece was the right way...only to find out as he became more experienced, it wasn't really the right way, but a possible way that presented problems in other areas because everything in life is a balance...a ying/yang so to speak. He was prone to mental break downs due to this, but he was a "Genius" yet couldn't handle what life through at him because of it.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes FutureInProgress, wolfnara liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

INTJ.

The few IQ scores I've acquired ranged from as low as 124 to as high as 141. Then again, it's clear that those assessments only measure a certain kind of intelligence. I disregard them as a true measure of my brainpower.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ENTP 138

I can take tests so I've always had a higher IQ. That being said, being able to take standardized tests does not equal intelligence so I don't really attach much value to the whole thing.
    I'm definitely not as smart as any test scores say I am, that's for sure. I'm okay in certain areas but overall I would say I'm quite average.

If we're talking MBTI, I've always thought INTJs are more intelligent than most in the classic sense. This study found that IPs are most common amongst gifted children.
    Likes ZNP-TBA liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

What's all this push back against IQ?
    Likes N/A liked this post

Typology Retiree Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

i'm too stupid to take an IQ test.
    4 weeks on T
    doggo
    Likes themightyfetus, N/A, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I feel like reading another person's reported I.Q. score on the internet is like being forced to watch them masturbate.