User Tag List

First 41818990919293101 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Strictly speaking of IQ it's likely INTP. Research seems to suggest that thinkers have a higher average number of gifted individuals than related feeler types, like INTPs compared to INFPs, but both of those types in particular have a high percentage of gifted individuals.
    Here is a chart.

And a link for a discussion of why.

Which Is The Smartest MBTI Type? | Slayerment

Keep in mind that people from all personality types can be gifted, but we're talking about averages. Also, real world success and IQ aren't the same. Extroverts with high emotional intelligence and a positive attitude tend to have higher paying jobs on average.

MBTI Socioeconomic Infographic | Career Assessment Site

One reason INTJs may seem like the smartest type, and they are up there, is because INTPs don't apply themselves to real world accomplishments as often, so you have a higher number of visible INTJ intellectuals. ISTPs are a nice mix of outgoing and competitive, with Ti dominance, so again you get a higher number of public figures, like Steve Jobs, who many think was an ISTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Neshama View Post
    Strictly speaking of IQ it's likely INTP. Research seems to suggest that thinkers have a higher average number of gifted individuals than related feeler types, like INTPs compared to INFPs, but both of those types in particular have a high percentage of gifted individuals.
    Here is a chart.

And a link for a discussion of why.

Which Is The Smartest MBTI Type? | Slayerment

Keep in mind that people from all personality types can be gifted, but we're talking about averages. Also, real world success and IQ aren't the same. Extroverts with high emotional intelligence and a positive attitude tend to have higher paying jobs on average.

MBTI Socioeconomic Infographic | Career Assessment Site

One reason INTJs may seem like the smartest type, and they are up there, is because INTPs don't apply themselves to real world accomplishments as often, so you have a higher number of visible INTJ intellectuals. ISTPs are a nice mix of outgoing and competitive, with Ti dominance, so again you get a higher number of public figures, like Steve Jobs, who many think was an ISTP.
    Most of this data has been discussed elsewhere on this forum and others. The main problem is that it didn't test to see if people were gifted or not, but rather conducted a survey on a "gifted" program. These were the people who were interested in being a part of a gifted program. I'm sorry, I cannot imagine even the most gifted and intelligent ESFP teenagers being "interested" in a gifted program on average, though obviously some will be.

The monetary statistics come from an online site whose tests survey the respondents. Problem number 1 is that it asked for "household" income, not personal income. Problem number 2 is that there is no controlling for age/experience. I can imagine plenty of younger, single people just starting out in life, and of these, the ones investigating typology are going to be the INxx types. And I can imagine plenty of older, married, established people having to discover their MBTI type as part of a "team building" exercise at their place of work. So yeah, you're going to get a lot of INxx types looking like they're financially struggling (they're predominantly kids in college or just out of college) while the ESxx types who wouldn't look into typology unless explicitly told to finally do so as part of work later in life when they have plenty of money. It should be possible to publish results that correct for age, but I doubt that's going to happen. Not that it would reverse the trends you see here, but it would make them much less drastic.

This doesn't mean that the conclusions drawn from these flawed sets of data are incorrect, per se. They're just not as strongly supported by the data as people might think. Keep in mind, these same two sets of data are brought up over and over again in threads like these. No one is actually doing any research on the topic. While the statistics do use many data points, we conceptually have only two data points: these two flawed studies. They're suggestive, but not conclusive.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

There are so many kinds of intelligences

I don't wanna fit in your bloody IQ box
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes Null, MDP2525, themightyfetus, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    583 so/sp

I was never fan of IQ tests and I never officially took one to be honest. Also I tend to associate these tests with unhealthy version of Ne/Si/Ti worldview.

My basic problem with these tests is that they are for some reason based on the premise that test questions have "the right answer". For example there are 3 lines and now I must choose what goes with them: a circle, another line or a triangle. Towards the typical IQ test the right answer would be another line, however this does not make much sense to me. Why are 4 lines more logical than 3 lines and a circle ? Ok, maybe because of this you will get a symmetry, but getting a symmetry is very very subjective goal. I simply to do not understand what those tests are trully trying to achive and I think that it would be better to just call them "Pattern recognition tests"

I often argue with my ENFP mother which in my opinion has a serious problem in recognizing objective truth from well developed models. She has a strong intellectual capability but all of the terms she is using are mostly static. She mixes them in million ways but she rarely redefines them and I find her logic sometimes useful but frustratingly two dimensional.
    Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Most of this data has been discussed elsewhere on this forum and others. The main problem is that it didn't test to see if people were gifted or not, but rather conducted a survey on a "gifted" program. These were the people who were interested in being a part of a gifted program. I'm sorry, I cannot imagine even the most gifted and intelligent ESFP teenagers being "interested" in a gifted program on average, though obviously some will be.

The monetary statistics come from an online site whose tests survey the respondents. Problem number 1 is that it asked for "household" income, not personal income. Problem number 2 is that there is no controlling for age/experience. I can imagine plenty of younger, single people just starting out in life, and of these, the ones investigating typology are going to be the INxx types. And I can imagine plenty of older, married, established people having to discover their MBTI type as part of a "team building" exercise at their place of work. So yeah, you're going to get a lot of INxx types looking like they're financially struggling (they're predominantly kids in college or just out of college) while the ESxx types who wouldn't look into typology unless explicitly told to finally do so as part of work later in life when they have plenty of money. It should be possible to publish results that correct for age, but I doubt that's going to happen. Not that it would reverse the trends you see here, but it would make them much less drastic.

This doesn't mean that the conclusions drawn from these flawed sets of data are incorrect, per se. They're just not as strongly supported by the data as people might think. Keep in mind, these same two sets of data are brought up over and over again in threads like these. No one is actually doing any research on the topic. While the statistics do use many data points, we conceptually have only two data points: these two flawed studies. They're suggestive, but not conclusive.
    Along those same lines I thought about joining mensa, but I still don't see a point. It's a look what I joined and was accepted. But everyone thinks I am a genius, so it wouldn't even really be an accomplishkent. Gifted programs I am not really interested in either. I don't like school because it teaches to slow. Give me hands on and some books. Why do I need a program for that? I do it on my own.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Along those same lines I thought about joining mensa, but I still don't see a point. It's a look what I joined and was accepted. But everyone thinks I am a genius, so it wouldn't even really be an accomplishkent. Gifted programs I am not really interested in either. I don't like school because it teaches to slow. Give me hands on and some books. Why do I need a program for that? I do it on my own.
    Ugh. My dad was in Mensa and it's just seems like a self-masturbatory catch all for people who value a test result above applied success. At least from what I saw.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Hard, themightyfetus, grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Ugh. My dad was in Mensa and it's just seems like a self-masturbatory catch all for people who value a test result above applied success. At least from what I saw.
    That's what I gathered from looking into it. I just do the practice questions every once in awhile for fun I want to build and design. When I learned logic gates I got distracted the rest of CLASS and built aN alarm system with a keypad on emulation software.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Wait a second? Is this the oldest still regularly active
    Typc thread ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Wait a second? Is this the oldest still regularly active
    Typc thread ?
    Close.. it looks like this one has it beat: Your enneagram type

They're like TypoC's coelacanths.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Close.. it looks like this one has it beat: Your enneagram type

They're like TypoC's coelacanths.
    dammit.
    Makes sense.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2: