User Tag List

Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

I took the IQ test once, way back in the day. Was pleased with the results. Will never take it again lest I risk fucking up said results and ruining my self-image
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

♂ Bᴏʀɴ Tᴏ Mᴀᴋᴇ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

The IQ test focuses too much on math for me. I took it once and got like an 80. I don't consider myself an unintelligent person.
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I took the IQ test once, way back in the day. Was pleased with the results. Will never take it again lest I risk fucking up said results and ruining my self-image
    You make IQ sounds like quantum mechanics: the measurement affects the reality.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I read in one of Malcolm Gladwell' books that there is a law of diminishing returns in IQ. Once you hit around 125 ( I can't remember the exact number), you are not more successful the higher you go. In fact, an IQ too high could interfere with your earnings potential....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    You make IQ sounds like quantum mechanics: the measurement affects the reality.
    It's also like statics: one tiny adjustment at pretty much any spot on a (literal) house of cards will fuck up the forces holding all of your trusses in equilibrium and so the whole thing will collapse and then you have a huge God damned mess on your hands

Let's take the analogy much, much further than it needs to go, because yeah why not

Like, leave it standing there. Back away. It's good as is. Just walk away. It might collapse shortly afterward, but as far as you know it's still standing forever. Just don't look back at it. Ever.

Was sheer luck on your side when you built the thing? Could you do it again? Just.. don't seek out the answers to those questions. It's good, it's good.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    The IQ test focuses too much on math for me. I took it once and got like an 80. I don't consider myself an unintelligent person.
    Nobody does
    @21lux ps: i didn't mean that in a bad way, but it's funny something that is supposed to be an attempt to quantify and clarify so often just turns into a clash of egos in the end.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Nobody does
    @21lux ps: i didn't mean that in a bad way, but it's funny something that is supposed to be an attempt to quantify and clarify so often just turns into a clash of egos in the end.
    Oh I knew you didn't mean it in a bad way, don't worry. :p
    I mean, if the IQ test was heavily English based instead of math based I'd be well over 100. There are so many different kinds of intelligence. It's so hard to try to shove everyone into a very limited box and assign them a number that tells them how "smart" they are. There's three different outcomes: people score low and feel like idiots, people score high and think they're 3cool5school, and the ones who just don't care, regardless of score.
    I have no idea how IQ would correlate with MBTI type, or if that's even useful information. It's only as useful as you believe IQ (or MBTI for that matter) to be.
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Oh I knew you didn't mean it in a bad way, don't worry. :p
    I mean, if the IQ test was heavily English based instead of math based I'd be well over 100. There are so many different kinds of intelligence. It's so hard to try to shove everyone into a very limited box and assign them a number that tells them how "smart" they are. There's three different outcomes: people score low and feel like idiots, people score high and think they're 3cool5school, and the ones who just don't care, regardless of score.
    I have no idea how IQ would correlate with MBTI type, or if that's even useful information. It's only as useful as you believe IQ (or MBTI for that matter) to be.
    Well there are a few studies on it. Seeming to indicate there is indeed a correlation. Types like INTJs, INFJs, INTP, ENTP (etc.)are significantly more likely to have iqs in the 'gifted' range (130 or above)

for example

For example an ENFP is over 7 times more likely to have an iq over 130 than an esfp.
    I'm not making any judgment call on that, just what the research say. Now there haven't been hundreds of papers on the topic, but still quite a few and all seem to agree on these trends.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well there are a few studies on it. Seeming to indicate there is indeed a correlation. Types like INTJs, INFJs, INTP, ENTP (etc.) have higher are much more like (2 or more times likely than the population taken as a whole) to have iqs in the 'gifted' range (130 or above)
    Interesting. Do you know of any tests similar to the IQ test that test the types on different areas of intelligence, like artistic/verbal/etc intelligence? Perhaps there is a correlation between the different types and their strongest/most preferred type of intelligence.
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Interesting. Do you know of any tests similar to the IQ test that test the types on different areas of intelligence, like artistic/verbal/etc intelligence? Perhaps there is a correlation between the different types and their strongest/most preferred type of intelligence.
    That's an excellent question. Yeah there are tests like that (to a degree) but they all have complicated names and I forgot : P sorry.
    Alot of tests attempting to do that are, in my opinion, horseshit. But I'm sure there are some very good ones. if you come accross any I'd be interested to see! : )

I know the SAT scores on average are highly correlated with IQ and both are correlated with socio economics. IQ is correlated with brain size (0.4 factor I think) (keep in mind brain size is also relative to body size, women have smaller brains but they also have smaller bodies, so need less 'body management' related neurons' women and men are as intelligent as the other iq wise)

Men are more likely to be in the extremes of the spectrum (retarded or genius levels), which I think it due to women having two X chromosomes and (at least a few) iq related genes being on the X chromosomes - It's like flipping a coin, imagine one side is 0 and the other is 1, if you have more coin flips (ie 'iq' related genes both 'good' and 'bad') you are more likely to get an average score near to 0.5. Same with IQ: it makes you more likely to be 'closer to the average'.
    It's a SMALL trend of course. Just interesting I think.

Women are better at making both sides of their brain work together through a better physical connection between the two brains (yeah it's that simple : P )

High iq seem correlated with myelination of the prefrontal cortex (maybe other areas) - meaning their neurons are better at 'conducting messages' without loss of signal quality and with less 'energy expenditure'. This makes a brain able to create more complex activation patterns (ie - simplifiying - Ideas).

Now for having spent 2 years in a 'gifted class' I had the feeling there are more than one way to get the same iq. Say if u have a very good memory that will up ur score. Someone else can get the same score with a different mix of features. I saw my share of 'idiot savants' and people i'd genuinely call smart. (though i realize that's just my opinion).

I do find (again, take into account im just one person so i have bias even if i try not to) that IQ seems to me to be related to being 'intelligent'
    But I always saw intelligence as a choice, the willingness to question and understand. I will often/have often called/considered guys with genius level iqs to be idiots and have alot of respect for people who technically are 'not smart' iq wise. I think wisedom is a form of elegance of simplicity, You don't need to be able to create crazy complex ideas to capture the simple and beautiful truths of life.
    . At the end of the day we're all people, all unique. it sounds cliche but it's true.

High iq of course has its issues - i think its correlated with schizophrenia (really not sure, read that long ago), and being 'off the average' in society can be an issue when it comes to healthy socialization. etc.

Lots of things.

... In theory.

Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast