User Tag List

First 3878868788899098 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    And if you're an idiot, it's best to be a blissful idiot. The best result you could hope for is dead average.
    No. That's a death sentence. An idiot is bound to have things crumble to bits around him, and the longer this continues, the sooner it is until he finally realizes he's the common element and his illusion shatters one way or the other. The longer you wandered in bliss, the less prepared you'll be for the inevitable truth. The earlier you know, the more time you have to learn what simple tricks you can to compensate and the better a chance you have.

I would think the oriention of a person's IQ may correlate to the persons function orientation.

IQ is a broadly applied term.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Im afraid of taking an IQ test, because I'm afraid to find out that I'm actually smarter the what I believe to be, and I have been cheating on myself by "dumbing down" and subconsciously looking back on all the missed opportunities.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I really don't think that IQ tests measure anything than how good that you are at taking that IQ test

and don't get me started on self reporting tests and how inherently inaccurate they are

for instance, I'm fucking brilliant (and have IQ scores to back that up... but then again, I LIKE tests because my brain associates them with food)... I'm also a total disappointment to anyone who thinks that should translate to me doing anything productive with my life. I have 3 degrees and don't use any of them and quite a few nice certifications that I haven't gotten around to using yet... I work a manual labor type job because it'll pay for more school and I kind of enjoy it as long as the work place politics stays far away. I don't really want that much out of life and am mostly amused by doing what amuses me at the time...

compare that to someone who has an average IQ score, but some aim and drive in life and who actually does something instead...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Dreamer, Proctor liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm straight up in an ENFP ADHD mode right now so I'll answer this thread with a big fat No, and let's call him Frank. I do not think there is any correlation between type and IQ, and I think it is absurd. I think in many ways, a person's total level of intelligence and growth potential for that matter is an amalgamation of natural ability, experience, a propensity to question, and a hunger for more.

Looking at my functions alone, I can say that ENTP and ENFP types must be profoundly intelligent since they are able to pick apart things, make connections, and come to new conclusions using their Ne. To me, being able to spit answers out in a short time frame is not an indicator of intelligence, but just some lame humanoid computer. I am aware of my bias, but I would say being able to think creatively (not just in its typical application in art) is of one of the highest indicators of intelligence in my mind.

However, I wouldn't say any function alone or personality type means you're instantly up couple IQ points. Think about Ne for example, what good is it for me, if I don't regularly push myself to seek out adventures, to meet new people, to think in new ways, and to be curious about the world around me?? Ne comes into full strength when you have a diverse and ever-expanding library of knowledge to pull from.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I really don't think that IQ tests measure anything than how good that you are at taking that IQ test

and don't get me started on self reporting tests and how inherently inaccurate they are

for instance, I'm fucking brilliant (and have IQ scores to back that up... but then again, I LIKE tests because my brain associates them with food)... I'm also a total disappointment to anyone who thinks that should translate to me doing anything productive with my life. I have 3 degrees and don't use any of them and quite a few nice certifications that I haven't gotten around to using yet... I work a manual labor type job because it'll pay for more school and I kind of enjoy it as long as the work place politics stays far away. I don't really want that much out of life and am mostly amused by doing what amuses me at the time...

compare that to someone who has an average IQ score, but some aim and drive in life and who actually does something instead...
    Couldn't agree more. I think focusing on IQ scores alone is sorely missing the point entirely. Just as you bring up, what good is a high IQ if you have nothing to show for it, or don't put it to use. My IQ isn't anything to write home about, but I know without doubt, my IQ will be the last thing holding me back in life
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

Lol got 155 from a free IQ test. I guess I r smart.

But seriously, theory of multiple intelligences is where it's at, just because someone doesn't have high IQ, they could have high EQ, MQ, blahQ, etc. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

Likes N/A, Dreamer, miss fortune liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

@Forever could you tell me more about blahQ I think I might score well in that.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    @Forever could you tell me more about blahQ I think I might score well in that.
    blahQ is knowing when to block others. When the going gets tough having the exact precision of carefully blocking that person to seem like you disappeared rather than outright blocking takes high blahQ.

It might've been different from what you're expecting, I think you might've wanted anyQ or QQ.

Which is yet to be explored...

To be continued..
    F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

Likes Cellmold liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    blahQ is knowing when to block others. When the going gets tough having the exact precision of carefully blocking that person to seem like you disappeared rather than outright blocking takes high blahQ.

It might've been different from what you're expecting, I think you might've wanted anyQ or QQ.

Which is yet to be explored...

To be continued..
    QQ is quite controversial in the realm of definable Q's. Although it doesn't possess the same omnipotence as more well known Q's it's ability to measure production of salt is unparalleled.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Forever liked this post