User Tag List

Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    xSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Well I suppose if I have to think in circles, I would prefer them to be thready intertwined circles that don't necessarily always take the same path, but interconnect and strengthen the common understanding of the whole. That doesn't always happen though...
    You will come across a lot of circles here, its part of finding the correct path no matter how high your IQ is.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Or maybe of even solidifying the correct path, building upon it. I wouldn't say that I have an overly high IQ, I have met people who I would consider naturally smarter/quicker than me. Generally though, while I do not know a bunch of things, what I do know and am interested in I can be very good at. One year I found my statistics class extremely interesting and I set the curve on every single test because I was literally just that enthralled with the subject, but the year before in calculus I averaged near 40%s on every test because I barely bothered to open the book. While some seem naturally inclined to learn a bit about everything, others might want to learn everything about a bit. I would say both are fairly equal measures of intelligence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I would have thought iNtuitives with Thinking would have the highest IQ (not that IQ is the be all and end all of a person).

Still if the articles says that I am the smartest of the smart, I can go with that too.
    ENFP and my IQ is 138 standard. I had to take a test prior to entrance into pre-med. I don't know that it helps with some common sense stuff. I definitely am lacking in street smarts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I really don't see the point in knowing your IQ number. Do people really want to quantify their unfulfilled potential? And if you're an idiot, it's best to be a blissful idiot. The best result you could hope for is dead average.

MBTI
    ISFP

I know my IQ but it doesn't mean anything to me beyond what it is ... my performance on a test some person made. Smart comes in some many shapes and forms. I genuinely do not think u can tell what someone's IQ is based off type (which I don't believe in btw) or even how they come across. If u actually look even the "dumbest" people to u r really, really smart so its better to focus on the stuff that makes one feel we r all equals. If u r too concerned about ur own ego, u only process things through a narrow slit of cliches ... and that's incredibly dumb.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet
    Likes Enthusiastic_Dreamer liked this post

like snow, like gold Array magpie's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

When I was 13 or 14 I had to take an IQ test at my high school. I remember one question where all I was supposed to do was draw a straight line, emphasis on straight, but my hand shook because I have an illness and was on about 10 different trial and error medications with interesting side effects. I still haven't figured out how this question was relevant, or what it was supposed to mean about my intelligence.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

I'm flipping the question around somewhat.

The stats say that there's a correlation. No hard feelings. That's the stats.

But if we take JCF as an accurate model, how exactly would two approaches that are seen as totally different -- Ni/Te and Ti/Ne -- score so closely together?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I'm flipping the question around somewhat.

The stats say that there's a correlation. No hard feelings. That's the stats.

But if we take JCF as an accurate model, how exactly would two approaches that are seen as totally different -- Ni/Te and Ti/Ne -- score so closely together?
    They deal with the same material, but differently.

The other functions are adept at different kinds of material.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    i was in chess club in 7th grade. buncha useless, arrogant tools except this one kid who insisted on not playing the game but rather pretending the pieces were action figures and tossing them at each other, all while making little "pew pew" and explosion noises. it was worth joining the club to watch this. let's see fisher or kasparov win with those rules.
    i'd be that kid, i don't have an interest in chess. and pretending them action figures sounds way more exciting than prove i can capture your king before you capture mine or is it queen? i dunno
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    They deal with the same material, but differently.
    Of course. But it's very difficult to believe that they're virtually neck-and-neck. One is known for catharses and the other for picking pieces apart and drawing patterns. Very, very oversimplified, naturally. (But we have at least a few billion-page threads devoted to defining Ni in the first place.)

That doesn't mean that they couldn't still arrive at pretty much exactly the same answers, but the odds seem ungodly slim. I can't prove that it's not true, but.. damn, it seems that the stars would have to align so closely together that our calipers would say "fuck it" and walk out of the room.

This isn't a knock on the two types that score the best, or that there are types that score higher than others, or what have you. It's more of a knock on how any two completely different approaches can yield results that are consistently so damn close.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast