User Tag List

First 3070787980818290 Last

Results 791 to 800 of 1060

  1. #791
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.
    that'd be the Flynn effect, which stated that over time the average iq scores have risen over time since the test was created... of course more recent studies say that since the 90s scores in western countries have been dropping again.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #792
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Sitting at home watching TV and surfing Facebook, Instagram etc for hours on end does nothing except turn your brain to mush. At least I occasionally learn something on here.

    I also have a suspicion that poor diet (high sugar foods + preservatives, hormones etc) and genetically unfit people being kept alive and breeding are lowering the population's average intelligence over time.


    That's sort of what I meant.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #793
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    If anyone has declared their IQ in this thread based upon random online tests, smack yourself in the face. Those aren't legitimate indicators.
    Yes, they should use the mensas online test instead of some random one
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #794
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.
    Yes. They talked about this on psychology class. If i remember correctly, they need to ramp up the scores with something like 3 in every 10 years because for some reason people score better on the test and the average needs to stay at 100.

    So if you made the test 30 years ago and scored 100, you would be scoring something like 91 from todays tests.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #795
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Yes. They talked about this on psychology class. If i remember correctly, they need to ramp up the scores with something like 3 in every 10 years because for some reason people score better on the test and the average needs to stay at 100.

    So if you made the test 30 years ago and scored 100, you would be scoring something like 91 from todays tests.
    Although, as was said up thread, there are signs that the Flynn effect may have reversed since the the late 90s.

  6. #796
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Mine's 134 on a Weschler test I took as I kid. I got 141 on the verbal portion. (The performance portion was somewhere between 125 and 110, though.)

    Love me.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Mine's 134 on a Weschler test I took as I kid. I got 141 on the verbal portion. (The performance portion was somewhere between 125 and 110, though.)

    Love me.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

  8. #798
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    snip
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #799
    noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Mademoiselle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    928

    Default

    I think all the 16 types has excellent features, we’re talking bout this in 2014.. imagine, this is the result after billion years of living in this planet.
    IQ, to me, is one thing from what’s called “Intelligence”.
    The Quality of the available affordable IQ tests are very low, so the results are very inaccurate at first place.
    But Remember…
    ALL the types are well made, ALL the types are intelligent, there’re no type better than other, they’re different but equal in value.
    It’s only about variety, which is very good to exist in kinds of beings.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

  10. #800
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    My IQ is potato.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

    Likes Tippo liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI Types and Guitar Learning Styles: My Observations
    By simulatedworld in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
  3. Your MBTI type and your Socionics type
    By 527468 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM
  4. MBTI type and Hypnotizability
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO