User Tag List

First 6789101858 Last

MBTI
    yupp

growing up people thought I was going to be the next einstein. I'm not no way my IQ is in the 110 range. Which is average, so I'm just going to be another person in the world. Not great, average, and I'm content, I don't see the point in being something I'm not.

I really don't think IQs play much in types. My brother an ESTP has a higher IQ then myself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

In many ways, Intuitives are also much more practical than Sensors.

I imagine that it's a Sensor, and particularly an SF, who buys lots of things just because they look appealing to the senses. The NT, by contrast, has the greatest appreciation for functionality.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    growing up people thought I was going to be the next einstein. I'm not no way my IQ is in the 110 range. Which is average, so I'm just going to be another person in the world. Not great, average, and I'm content, I don't see the point in being something I'm not.
    Just FWIW, 110 is significantly above average (better than ~75% of the population). You'll have a notable advantage in this arena.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Just FWIW, 110 is significantly above average (better than ~75% of the population). You'll have a notable advantage in this arena.
    Then why is it here whenever we have a post your IQ threads all these people post with 120-130 IQs? Maybe everyone here is a genius, but, call me cynical, but really? I mean really?

MBTI
    ISTP

Then why is it here whenever we have a post your IQ threads all these people post with 120-130 IQs?
    Bad tests, people lie, selective sampling

Every IQ test is normalized around 100 - that is the average.

MBTI
    yupp

I've had IQ tests done since I was old enough to have them done because of some learning disability thing. So I think it's 110 it's been a few years since I looked at my score. I could be off. I know it's higher then 100.

Doesn't mean I know what the scores mean, it was more so I could keep getting an IEP. I didn't like the IEP I felt singled out so I would never use it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Bad tests, people lie, selective sampling

Every IQ test is normalized around 100 - that is the average.
    And I doubt that mine is too high above average, though I don't have any IQ score to refer to.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ISTP

I've had IQ tests done since I was old enough to have them done because of some learning disability thing. So I think it's 110 it's been a few years since I looked at my score. I could be off. I know it's higher then 100.

Doesn't mean I know what the scores mean, it was more so I could keep getting an IEP. I didn't like the IEP I felt singled out so I would never use it.
    Most likely for a selective disability like dsylexia rather than "learning" limitations then All it says is that you can answer problems better than 75% of the population.

I wouldn't worry about it. You are at the upper end of the "normal" band - you won't have any issues and will have some advantages with that score (in theory, anyway). In many ways, this range is better than having a high IQ - a lot of strange issues happen at the higher levels of IQ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Then why is it here whenever we have a post your IQ threads all these people post with 120-130 IQs? Maybe everyone here is a genius, but, call me cynical, but really? I mean really?
    These boards attract certain people. This board would probably attract well above average intelligent individuals, as it is heavily theoretical. Also, IQ is higher among younger people, and there are probably not many 60+ year olds on this board. Ant lastly, people with high IQs will more likely to feel like posting their IQs in such a thread.

120+ is the top 10 %, so it’s not exactly genius level …

MBTI
    yupp

Ok, fine. But I still have my doubts. I mean everyone wants to appear better than they are. How do you know I didn't lie, about my score? and it's really 90?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: