User Tag List

First 2868767778798088 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    With modern genetics in train, it won't be long before we are all a little Mole.

Of course it could be sooner if we could sell high intelligence with short sightedness and a velvet coat of fur.
    Never compliment a leo

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Is there any significant correlation? On average, who is the smartest type? For that matter, how do all the types rank? I've done some Google research, and all I've really found are two articles on it. Ironically, these two seem to suggest that Feeling and Intuitive types have higher I.Q.s. I find this kind of strange because I would imagine that Sensing and Thinking would make one smarter rather than going by one's emotions. Strange...
    it depends on what u view IQ to be (success in academia?)

If you are talking about academia than INTJ has hte highest IQ, with INFJ being 2nd place....

but in reality IQ is a flawed way of interpreting. A person can suck at math and science but find his niche in music and be amazing. His IQ is then based on how well he performs his craft.

So to be honest IQ has nothing to do with MBTI.

It is really about which type is more likely to find the career that fits their personality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by NJJC View Post
    it depends on what u view IQ to be (success in academia?)

If you are talking about academia than INTJ has hte highest IQ, with INFJ being 2nd place....

but in reality IQ is a flawed way of interpreting. A person can suck at math and science but find his niche in music and be amazing. His IQ is then based on how well he performs his craft.

So to be honest IQ has nothing to do with MBTI.

It is really about which type is more likely to find the career that fits their personality.
    IQ can't really be interpreted. It's a way of indicating one's general intelligence by combining visual, logical and linguistic skills. But I agree on the above, since IQ excludes practical intelligence and doesn't tell you in which areas you're good and in which not.
    However, IQ has something to do with MBTI since studies have shown that INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENTP are the types who have the highest average IQ.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

my iq: 130.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

my iq is 145

uh, i think the NTPs i interact with seem the "smartest" but i'm such a judger that i want a definition for that before feeling like there's really an answer to the question

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I have never had my IQ tested professionally. In online tests I've done I can score anywhere from around 100 to 145, so I don't think they are very reliable.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    IQ can't really be interpreted. It's a way of indicating one's general intelligence by combining visual, logical and linguistic skills. But I agree on the above, since IQ excludes practical intelligence and doesn't tell you in which areas you're good and in which not.
    However, IQ has something to do with MBTI since studies have shown that INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENTP are the types who have the highest average IQ.
    Or that high IQ people type as N types. That's the problem with correlations, you can often agree that there is one, but it's completely different to agreeing what the correlation actually is and why.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

We are the smartest. But the disturbed few and savants drop out and become intps.

Messes up the lifetime statistics

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    my iq is 145

uh, i think the NTPs i interact with seem the "smartest" but i'm such a judger that i want a definition for that before feeling like there's really an answer to the question
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    yupp

i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.
    Yeah, if everyone is above 100, then 100 has to be moved, since that's, by definition, the average result. We all can't be smarter than average. Self-reported IQ reminds me of that statistic that 2 out of 3 people think that they're above-average drivers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: