User Tag List

First 2868767778798088 Last

Results 771 to 780 of 1059

  1. #771
    resonance Captain Haddock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so
    Posts
    16,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    With modern genetics in train, it won't be long before we are all a little Mole.

    Of course it could be sooner if we could sell high intelligence with short sightedness and a velvet coat of fur.
    Never compliment a leo

  2. #772
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Is there any significant correlation? On average, who is the smartest type? For that matter, how do all the types rank? I've done some Google research, and all I've really found are two articles on it. Ironically, these two seem to suggest that Feeling and Intuitive types have higher I.Q.s. I find this kind of strange because I would imagine that Sensing and Thinking would make one smarter rather than going by one's emotions. Strange...
    it depends on what u view IQ to be (success in academia?)

    If you are talking about academia than INTJ has hte highest IQ, with INFJ being 2nd place....

    but in reality IQ is a flawed way of interpreting. A person can suck at math and science but find his niche in music and be amazing. His IQ is then based on how well he performs his craft.

    So to be honest IQ has nothing to do with MBTI.

    It is really about which type is more likely to find the career that fits their personality.

  3. #773
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJJC View Post
    it depends on what u view IQ to be (success in academia?)

    If you are talking about academia than INTJ has hte highest IQ, with INFJ being 2nd place....

    but in reality IQ is a flawed way of interpreting. A person can suck at math and science but find his niche in music and be amazing. His IQ is then based on how well he performs his craft.

    So to be honest IQ has nothing to do with MBTI.

    It is really about which type is more likely to find the career that fits their personality.
    IQ can't really be interpreted. It's a way of indicating one's general intelligence by combining visual, logical and linguistic skills. But I agree on the above, since IQ excludes practical intelligence and doesn't tell you in which areas you're good and in which not.
    However, IQ has something to do with MBTI since studies have shown that INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENTP are the types who have the highest average IQ.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  4. #774
    Junior Member Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    4

    Default

    my iq: 130.

  5. #775
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    my iq is 145

    uh, i think the NTPs i interact with seem the "smartest" but i'm such a judger that i want a definition for that before feeling like there's really an answer to the question

  6. #776
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    I have never had my IQ tested professionally. In online tests I've done I can score anywhere from around 100 to 145, so I don't think they are very reliable.

  7. #777
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    IQ can't really be interpreted. It's a way of indicating one's general intelligence by combining visual, logical and linguistic skills. But I agree on the above, since IQ excludes practical intelligence and doesn't tell you in which areas you're good and in which not.
    However, IQ has something to do with MBTI since studies have shown that INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENTP are the types who have the highest average IQ.
    Or that high IQ people type as N types. That's the problem with correlations, you can often agree that there is one, but it's completely different to agreeing what the correlation actually is and why.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  8. #778
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,200

    Default

    We are the smartest. But the disturbed few and savants drop out and become intps.

    Messes up the lifetime statistics

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    my iq is 145

    uh, i think the NTPs i interact with seem the "smartest" but i'm such a judger that i want a definition for that before feeling like there's really an answer to the question
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #779
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,121

    Default

    i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  10. #780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i think most people inflate their iqs. I read something recently that said iq score average has gone up since the tests first came out. I don't think we're smarter though.
    Yeah, if everyone is above 100, then 100 has to be moved, since that's, by definition, the average result. We all can't be smarter than average. Self-reported IQ reminds me of that statistic that 2 out of 3 people think that they're above-average drivers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :unsure:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. Determining Socionics type from MBTI type
    By Azseroffs in forum Socionics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?
    By Zarathustra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
  3. [E4] enneagram type 4 what mbti type matches up?
    By liYA in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 04:01 PM
  4. figuring out my socionics type from MBTI type
    By psyche in forum Socionics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
  5. Your MBTI type and your Socionics type
    By 527468 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO