User Tag List

First 2666747576777886 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm sure this Q has been done to death already, and I'm pretty sure I looked at data, possibly supplied by someone on here about 4 years ago. The highest IQ in some French study, which I think had ropey method was ENFP followed by ENTP and then followed by a few other N types, but it was a long while ago

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'm sure this Q has been done to death already, and I'm pretty sure I looked at data, possibly supplied by someone on here about 4 years ago. The highest IQ in some French study, which I think had ropey method was ENFP followed by ENTP and then followed by a few other N types, but it was a long while ago
    I don't know what a "ropey method" is, but the studies I've seen correlate high IQ with Introversion and Intuition, but not necessarily Ni. They are also highly Perceptive. That is in comparison with the general population being studied, where people tend to be Extroverted and Judging.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

MBTI
    ENTP

it was an old study and the sample sizes were fairly small in pockets, I'm SURE I did something on here, fortunately you can dig it out if I did

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
    http://mbtiovertones.blogspot.com/20...bti-types.html

The most intelligent people I know are in fact INTJ and INTP :P
    I disagree. I don't generally find N any more intelligent then S. Actually, I find INT types have issues with actually using knowledge in real life which to me shows a lack of intelligence. I think the most intelligent people are any type who have tried to grow the most in the area that fits them. I don't believe that actual IQ test mean much and I am not saying that because I don't do good. I generally test at the genius level. Have taken soi test also and scored as gifted in almost ever aspect. The aspect I didn't score as gifted, most would argue that I should be a genius in that also.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wonder if IQ tests are skewed at all by an effect of certain types having a propensity to hate tests. A class of people being uneager to take a test will suggest a conclusion that doesn't reflect reality.

I personally hate taking tests, I am annoyed by puzzles, I am also annoyed by people who feel the need to quantize absolutely everything. And I feel this is an intelligent position to take in the modern world.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I wonder if IQ tests are skewed at all by an effect of certain types having a propensity to hate tests. A class of people being uneager to take a test will suggest a conclusion that doesn't reflect reality.

I personally hate taking tests, I am annoyed by puzzles, I am also annoyed by people who feel the need to quantize absolutely everything. And I feel this is an intelligent position to take in the modern world.
    Give the benefit of the doubt to those who seek to know; but treat as potential killers those specimens of insolent depravity who make demands upon you, announcing that they have and seek no reasons, proclaiming, as a license, that they 'just feel it'

Ayn Rand
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Give the benefit of the doubt to those who seek to know; but treat as potential killers those specimens of insolent depravity who make demands upon you, announcing that they have and seek no reasons, proclaiming, as a license, that they 'just feel it'

Ayn Rand
    Yep, and If I want learn about Jesus, I'm sure the best person is to ask the Pope.

'Just feeling it' is valid as long as end goals are achieved, explanation is more important for repeatability, which is also valuable, but all have their places in effectiveness depending on situations.

But what I'm really talking about is the propensity for people to get excessively lost in details and lose perspective. I think today's society exemplifies this folly.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Yep, and If I want learn about Jesus, I'm sure the best person is to ask the Pope.

'Just feeling it' is valid as long as end goals are achieved, explanation is more important for repeatability, which is also valuable, but all have their places in effectiveness depending on situations.

But what I'm really talking about is the propensity for people to get excessively lost in details and lose perspective. I think today's society exemplifies this folly.
    Unfortunately, there's no Ayn Rand quote about learning to see the positives among the negatives (or "folly").

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Unfortunately, there's no Ayn Rand quote about learning to see the positives among the negatives (or "folly").
    You assume too much.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Everyone should know that the smartest type in All of MBTI is INTJ, because they have such dreamy geniuses towering their ranks from the feet of Newton to the tops of Nietzsche unleashed to Omega!