The most intelligent people I know are in fact INTJ and INTP :P

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

ENFP here. -20 I.Q. add it to your data pool, suckers.

*flips bird*

*disco struts out*
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

garbage

Yeah, studies can correlate type with other measures. Even IQ. Imagine that.

But where do the types used in the studies come from? Tests. Most often, the CPP deal itself. And in these parts, we tend to deride the dichotomy-based tests--even the official one. We tend to rely on other means to determine type, such as "vibes," perceived function stackings, and so on.

If we don't think tests accurately measure type, we'll need to ask how inaccurate they are in order to see how exactly type and IQ are related. If your coworker takes the official test which dubs him INTJ but you swear up and down that he's "really" an ISTJ; or if your sweetie gets pegged as an ENFJ but she's "really" an ESFP; imagine how many other mismatches between test result and type there are. (Or, at least, perceived mismatches.)

If these correlations exist, then they exist. They can piss people off, and they can cause billions of fingers to plug billions of ears, but they'll still be kicking around. But by our own definitions, there's some important piece missing to the whole shebang.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

i dunno if i'm really esfj or not, despite it being a popular opinion on typoc, because i do think type is at least related to IQ if not correlative. but my IQ generally falls between 145/155 depending on the test and how tired i feel taking it.

i think that pretty much falls in line with my scores on standardized tests that are supposedly built like IQ tests. for example, my score on the SAT was a 1540 out of 1600, which supposedly translates to an IQ of 154-157 (99.984 percentile). and my GRE scores put my IQ a bit lower, around 145. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I like how the blog post points out the following and I'm bolding the part that stuck out to me...
    .So, to start off, let's look at which types are the most intelligent (the dictionary definition, that is). Here are the types in order from most to least intelligent. Studies have shown that the top three most intelligent MBTI types are INTJs, INTPs, and INFJs.
    This backs up my idea that only certain types of IQ can actually be measured and therefore those three types that he mentions have the highest average of "measurable" intelligence, but that does not mean they are, by any means, more intelligent than anyone else. I think it is a false assumption to believe that any given INTJ is more intelligent than any given ESTP or any other type, for that matter. He or she may be more intelligent in one aspect and less so in another that can't be measured with traditional tests. That's why I am a big proponent of the theories of 4 MAT and Multiple Intelligences. Intelligence tests were designed to identify mental retardation. Beyond that, they fail in many ways and too much stock shouldn't be put into them.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
    http://mbtiovertones.blogspot.com/20...bti-types.html

The most intelligent people I know are in fact INTJ and INTP :P
    Until confirmed otherwise, I'm assuming this is a joke to save my sanity. Prove those friends are what you think they are, just try to prove it.

Most people are average fucks, myself included, and will live and die average fucks and often even those fucks who rise up enough to be successful fucks often do so at the behest of circumstance.

Fortunately we all die like fucks, so it helps soften the blow a little. I'm not even trying to be nihilistic here, just realistic. Besides echoing the cliche, pseudo-nihilism of teeny bops is the thing these days, right? Original, intelligent thoughts aren't my skill after all.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

If i remember correctly the correlations with high IQ is N = strong, I = moderate, T = some and J = some(and this is by looking the dichotomies separately, not based on full type code). That obviously doesent mean that an ESFP couldnt have higher IQ than INTJ
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Isn't IQ more the ability to get along in this world and well .... "get it?" Versus being "book smart?" If so- it would make sense to me why feelers / intuitives would have higher IQs.

Anyone know a good online IQ test to take? I've never taken one!
    http://www.learnmyself.com/IQ-Test

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I (an INTJ) was tested professionally as a child and was deemed to be around 145. My siblings were both within a few points and they are INFP and INTP. Not sure if there is much correlation between intelligence and N, but it is an interesting topic. For sure though, MBTI does not determine one's intelligence. I know several S types that are strikingly intelligent as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I (an INTJ) was tested professionally as a child and was deemed to be around 145. My siblings were both within a few points and they are INFP and INTP. Not sure if there is much correlation between intelligence and N, but it is an interesting topic. For sure though, MBTI does not determine one's intelligence. I know several S types that are strikingly intelligent as well.
    The ISTJ type is at the top of the Sensor IQ scale. ESFP is at the bottom.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: