Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    a G
    I'll assume that was a question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_facto...ychometrics%29
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Yes, but it has nothing to do with IQ.
    Neither does IQ.

WALMART

People with high IQ's are obvi more important than even middle of the road test scorers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    People with high IQ's are obvi more important than even middle of the road test scorers.
    William J. Sidis, with the world's highest estimated IQ (depending on who you ask), amounted to nothing in his life. His only claim to fame was his IQ, and most people don't know who he is.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

WALMART

William J. Sidis, with the world's highest estimated IQ (depending on who you ask), amounted to nothing in his life. His only claim to fame was his IQ, and most people don't know who he is.

I do not place objective criteria on one's quality of life.

Edit: Other than IQ scores.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I do not place objective criteria on one's quality of life.

Edit: Other than IQ scores.
    I do. It's called happiness, and Sidis didn't have any.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Yup. Those who have made great advances for the human race in technology, knowledge and philosophical understandings etc..likely had high IQ's, but not all who have IQ's will make such contributions.

A turd is a turd wherever you place it, but if you cultivate it as part of a fertilisation process at the right part of the garden...it can cause all manner of things to grow.

Last edited by Cellmold; 12-30-2012 at 11:15 AM.

IQ tests are created by N types for N types so isn't there an inherent bias?

Infinite Bubble

I always thought that since it's just a test that you can practice getting better at, it's more to do with how good you are at IQ tests. A person with average intelligence could just get very good at the pattern recognition questions presented and get a high IQ. It doesn't test creativity- a key quality of high intelligence, and neither does it test EQ (but of course it's not meant to). I'm sure the people who care just have no other good qualities that they feel they can associate with themselves to fall back on, so they emphasize its importance. I don't think it tests someones general intelligence, but one type of cognitive ability.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I always thought that since it's just a test that you can practice getting better at, it's more to do with how good you are at IQ tests. A person with average intelligence could just get very good at the pattern recognition questions presented and get a high IQ. It doesn't test creativity- a key quality of high intelligence, and neither does it test EQ (but of course it's not meant to). I'm sure the people who care just have no other good qualities that they feel they can associate with themselves to fall back on, so they emphasize its importance. I don't think it tests someones general intelligence, but one type of cognitive ability.
    The founder of mensa, Lancelot Ware, just wanted to meet girls he didn't have to speak down to intellectually.

The founder of the IQ test itself, Alfred Binet, used it to identify students who had learning difficulties.

If it was only made to test one type of cognitive ability, then why complain that it only tests for one type of cognitive ability?

Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast