User Tag List

Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

Senior Member Array

Mine usually scores around the 118 mark but I'm probably more or less average IQ. Derr I'm too stoopid for dis!

I've always wondered what the mind of a genius (in the respect of someone who repeatedly scores higher than 140+ IQ) is like. To be burdened with the ability to understand and that others are looking to you (even if they do not realise it) to do great things which they would no doubt benefit from. I've always envisioned it as a heaven as the one who is useless carries a greater burden than the one is useful (the useless one may not realise he carries this burden.) We're all miserable inside but they have the ability to do great things despite their misery, to change the world if they chose to.

However I am always sceptical of IQ tests. It's heavily geared towards pattern recognition and logical thinking so of course IN types will score higher. I'm tempted to say that if INFJs created God in their own image then INTJs created IQ tests in theirs.

Senior Member Array

Double post.

. Array

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Mine usually scores around the 118 mark but I'm probably more or less average IQ. Derr I'm too stoopid for dis!
    When you say you usually score around 118, are you referring to online tests? These don't really have any merit to them.

However I am always sceptical of IQ tests. It's heavily geared towards pattern recognition and logical thinking so of course IN types will score higher.
    This is why I'm a big fan of the multiple intelligences theory.

I'm tempted to say that if INFJs created God in their own image then INTJs created IQ tests in theirs.
    Ha! I wouldn't be surprised.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

How many more times will this piss-contest thread be resurrected, I wonder.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    When you say you usually score around 118, are you referring to online tests? These don't really have any merit to them.
    They were online tests, I don't think there have been any real ones. That's why I am sceptical about the result - could be higher but most likely average.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

You are right. Therefore the post is gone. I apologize for all wet pant legs and never again will I click on the IQ thread, but shall take this cursed idol and throw it in the sea of forgetfulness.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    You are right. Therefore the post is gone. I apologize for all wet pant legs and never again will I click on the IQ thread, but shall take this cursed idol and throw it in the sea of forgetfulness.
    Who pees on themselves during a piss contest?!
    Now, that's just awful.

That smell will never come out.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    this reminds me... I watched the Re-Animator the other day... it was so delightfully cheesy and dreadful

and this thread will keep resurrecting until everyone has overcompensated for their inadequacies by stating that their type is smarter than everyone else's
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and this thread will keep resurrecting until everyone has overcompensated for their inadequacies by stating that their type is smarter than everyone else's
    I hesitate to even post in this thread because it's going to perpetuate it, but I suppose it's already resurrected so why the hell not.

--

We use type test statistics and correlation with other measures (IQ, % population, etc.). We also state how the type tests are terrible a measure of actual type.

We then claim the former to be meaningful anyway, disregarding the latter assertion when it suits our purposes to do so.

We're fantastic. Go us!

If (if!) we believe in JCF extensions to MBTI, and if (if!) we actually give a fuck about this question, the actual answer lies in facing this problem and reconciling it.

Off the top of my head, here: It's a matter of conditional probability. We have an answer to the question--"What's the correlation between tested type and IQ?" We don't have an answer to the question--"Given that one tests as a certain type, what's the probability that he is that type?" Depending on that probability, virtually every conclusion we make regarding IQ, population, etc. based on type statistics could be pretty meaningless, regardless of what the correlation table between type and IQ tells us.

Hell, most of the research behind g has been in terms of factor analysis.

--

Also for the record: I'm not saying that I don't think there's an answer to this question; I'm saying that (a) we're approaching it wrong and (b) it's likely that it doesn't mean a whole fat lot anyway. Of course the g measure itself has merit.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm pretty sure that my INFP 4w5 mother, my ISFP 9w8 friend, and my ESFP 6w7 sister are all smarter than me when it comes to natural intelligence, like for example IQ, but what makes me wiser than they are is that I do the best with what I have been given, that is, I use the intelligence I have been born with to its full and complete potential, so even though it may take me awhile longer to adjust to the light of truth than it does for them, a will wait more patiently until gradually, little by little, I can comprehend the truth in a complete clarity of vision. Therefore, IQ gives one a greater ability, but not necessarily a greater desire to walk the way on the quest for enlightenment.

Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast