Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

LMAO I QUALIFY FOR MENSA

i really don't mean any offense if any of you are in it and like it, but it has always come off to me as a very navel-gazing sort of affair. the only people i've ever known who were in it were very full of themselves. i feel like if you're actually that smart... that'll show for itself. why would you need to promote it by joining a club?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl
    I milked the misunderstanding for all it was worth.

Also, a lot of people on this forum have claimed above 140 IQ in various conversations.

yeah, there's got to be some internet rule about IQs. one's reported IQ online is greater or equal to at least one standard deviation above their actual score...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Really? The SAT is a qualifying score? or the GRE? That's odd.
    The SAT and GRE do not qualify anymore. Otherwise I and every idiot grad student I know would be in Mensa (the cutoff used to be kind of a low number...plus, pretty much everyone who gets into grad school does above a 1290.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yes, knowing everything and belonging to MENSA is the key to good relationships. (Takes notes)
    *hurries to scan his Mensa acceptance letter and append it to his eHarmony profile*
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The SAT and GRE do not qualify anymore. Otherwise I and every idiot grad student I know would be in Mensa (the cutoff used to be kind of a low number...plus, pretty much everyone who gets into grad school does above a 1290.)
    Yeah, I noticed there was a date cutoff. Those things you can just study for.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP

The link that I see between the MBTI and intelligence is that if you have a rare type, you will probably have a rare type of intelligence too, assuming that all types have their specific intelligence.

But who am I to judge that a specific type of intelligence is better than another one?

If kinesthetic intelligence would become uncommon would it suddenly be more valuable? Would dancing mean more ?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

When it comes to success, I think emotional intelligence is equally as important as IQ, if not more. I've spent a good amount of time trying to develop EI. And I was actually driven to mbti because I wanted to understand people (strengthen a weakness). ISTP's are good at alot of things, people definitely NOT being one of them lol..... I think my IQ is pretty low for the internet.... it's about 120 (HTG truth too, it is not 110 or 100 or anything else lol). Honestly, I think what is important to me is to be well-rounded.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

120 is pretty low for the internet. From what I've gathered, anyone below 130 should be ignored. Same goes for people with penises shorter than 8 inches.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    120 is pretty low for the internet. From what I've gathered, anyone below 130 should be ignored. Same goes for people with penises shorter than 8 inches.
    Yeah, never saw someone in the internets who claimed to have an IQ lower than 135, lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Yeah, never saw someone in the internets who claimed to have an IQ lower than 135, lol.
    My IQ isn't very long, but it is thick.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

And they all live in Lake Woebegone, where everyone eats powdermilk biscuits and all children are above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast