User Tag List

First 545535455565765105 Last

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well, now that this thread reemerged, it gave me an aching to say something. And since I didn't want to do the obvious eyeroll smilie, I actually looked at a few articles on the subject. (Skimmed a couple and read some abstracts, so I guess you can say I'm an expert on the topic. ) It appears to be that N does tend to score higher than S on IQ tests, and P's tend to score higher than J's. If this is true, kind of funny that the best in school all seem to be SJ's. So I guess schools are biased towards SJ's and standardized tests are biased towards NP's. Who's smarter? I guess we'll never know. We might as well start talking about religion.
    I don't find that surprising. There's that line about A students working for C students and I don't think it's purely a myth. My entire education has been memorization-based, save for a few rare courses (plus obviously math and philosophy, the unmemorizables). Of course, SJs are capable of understanding things too, but with high Si and tests that rely on memory work, I don't think there's much incentive to deeply understand unless they're interested in that. So yeah, I'm not surprised that the best Si users do well on tests of Si use (which is, IMO, testing in schools (up to university where I am now)). YMMV depending on where you went to school, what you studied, etc. Perhaps I've just had bad luck in this regard.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    I don't find that surprising. There's that line about A students working for C students and I don't think it's purely a myth. My entire education has been memorization-based, save for a few rare courses (plus obviously math and philosophy, the unmemorizables). Of course, SJs are capable of understanding things too, but with high Si and tests that rely on memory work, I don't think there's much incentive to deeply understand unless they're interested in that. So yeah, I'm not surprised that the best Si users do well on tests of Si use (which is, IMO, testing in schools (up to university where I am now)). YMMV depending on where you went to school, what you studied, etc. Perhaps I've just had bad luck in this regard.
    I agree. In my field you see a lot of SJ higher ups too. I guess there are just too many factors to go into intelligence. (Which is why it's like talking about religion in typo c language.)

(New topic.) At least IQ score vs. MBTI type is somewhat easily measured. A lot of people are saying we can't measure intelligence with an IQ test. It's obvious that you can't measure everything in a test, but I still think IQ score has some validity. It may not be a one hundred percent valid way of testing someone's intelligence, but I think it certainly says something about how a person thinks. (Even if it means some poor NP sap wrote the IQ test to try to show that NP's can be more intelligent than SJ's in some ways. . Kidding!)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I agree. In my field you see a lot of SJ higher ups too. I guess there are just too many factors to go into intelligence. (Which is why it's like talking about religion in typo c language.)
    I agree with that, but to put it simply, intelligence could simply be based on one's skill with their dominant function? We usually only talk (on this forum) about relative strength of an individual's functions to determine their type, but inter-person (rather than intra-) comparisons could be carried out similarly. Well, maybe not, but they could be, in theory! Then it would account for all various types of intelligence. Because otherwise, as you said, no one metric can measure everything.

Edit: Then again, you have to wonder how intelligent a person is if they just have unchecked dominant and a useless auxiliary. But anyway...
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

If that was true entps geniuses would go raving mad whenever they'd do anything new and stimulating, though it may explain alot of enfjs' scandalous behavior.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    If that was true entps geniuses would go raving mad whenever they'd do anything new and stimulating, though it may explain alot of enfjs' scandalous behavior.
    Yeah, I agree, it doesn't work. I retract my previous post.
    So eat it, you should.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Consider the relationship between somatotypes and iq, and then the relationship between somatotypes and mbti.

There is a general relationship between iq and somatotype. Closest to the top of the chart (endomorphic types) are the lower iq ranges (below 50th percentile). The middle of the chart represents the 100 iq range, the lower left is above average iq, and the lower right the superior-genius range.

I remember that somatotype guy.. He typed me INTP. Where did he go anyways? I didn't finish arguing with him.

Anyhow, even if I was, I'm nowhere near "super-genius" level (not being self-effacing or anything.. just saying).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Consider the relationship between somatotypes and iq, and then the relationship between somatotypes and mbti.

There is a general relationship between iq and somatotype. Closest to the top of the chart (endomorphic types) are the lower iq ranges (below 50th percentile). The middle of the chart represents the 100 iq range, the lower left is above average iq, and the lower right the superior-genius range.

So let's get this straight....

ESxx types are dumb.
    ENxxs, most INPs & ISFJs & ISTPs are average.
    INFJs, ISFPs & some ISFJs & NFPs are above average.
    IxTJs & some ISTPs & NTPs are super geniuses.

And as an ectomorph, this would make me a super genius INTJ or something
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post

lol.

I guess in my case we just have to do a little math to solve the equation.

ESFP+ Ectomorph divided by 2= above average IQ?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Maybe? if you took those numbers - I don't know what they mean anyway, waist size in cm? - such as 621 and divide it by the square root of pi to derive your iq.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)