User Tag List

First 444525354555664104 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've always loved standardized tests because it's a wonderful contest between me and the test maker... THE TEST MAKER MUST BE DESTROYED!!!!!

I think that the reason why some people do well on such tests is BECAUSE they enjoy them... people who feel like they're being judged tend to do worse
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I could be biased, but I think NFs over all are the most intelligent. the reason I think NFs are as a whole more intelligent than NTs is because our intuition is less inhibited. NTs can grasp theoretical concepts better than most types, but they often have trouble understanding more subjective concepts and sometimes miss things that NFs pick up immediately. my INTJ friend is a total mastermind at business, economics and strategy, but he misses some of the most obvious things because he has a harder time understanding things until he breaks them down and restructures them into an objective model. he is only recently discovering the limits of what is objectively provable and the value of grasping information subjectively in order to understand it more quickly. however, I believe NTs have the most "practical intelligence" of the archtypes. they are by far the most likely to earn a high income and they have a nack for taking complex theory and applying it in a practical and strategic way. they also tend to be better at focusing intuition and thinking toward understanding a highly leveraged skill, systemizing it and optimizing it so that they become extremely proficient at a profitable skill in a short amount of time.
    So basically you equate intelligence with intuition, and since in your view NFs are even more intuitive than NTs, they are more intelligent. NFs often miss things NTs automatically understand too, NFs don't have it both ways, sorry.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    "In high school, Richard Feynman's (who was a fucking genius) IQ was determined to be 125: high, but "merely respectable" according to biographer Gleick. Feynman later scoffed at psychometric testing."

-Wikipedia

If this isn't proof of how DUMB useless iq tests are then I don't know what is.

This also proves our inability to quantify intelligence.
    Actually that's biased. His iq is still in the top uh I'm not quite sure. 8-7% or something of the population.
    You could say iq is utterly useless if you had a leonardo da vinci type score 70
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Actually, it's 5%, if it was on the Wechsler scale
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Actually, it's 5%, if it was on the Wechsler scale
    In a perfect world and assuming normal distribution that should be the value for 2 standard deviations so 130 (the weis being an sd15 test). I think.
    edit: my bad, you're right
    that's around 1.66 sd so around 10% \ 2 -> 5
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

No. At SD15 130 = 98th percentile. 125 is in the 95th percentile.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

Edit: Strike that, I'm a bit sleep deprived and mixed up two concepts. You are right.

Edit the edit: No, wait. I was right after all. You mixed up SD15 covering 95% in both directions and 130 being the margin for the top 2,1%. I think. My head hurts. i've gotta go to sleep.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post

No. At SD15 130 = 98th percentile. 125 is in the 95th percentile.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

Edit: Strike that, I'm a bit sleep deprived and mixed up two concepts. You are right.

Edit the edit: No, wait. I was right after all. You mixed up SD15 covering 95% in both directions and 130 being the margin for the top 2,1%. I think. My head hurts. i've gotta go to sleep.

Yeah but I edited my post before you posted your two last posts and said that based on the math and assuming normal distribution(and you don't just take miss bell curve out for a stroll if you don't intend to get all formal ) 1 +2\3 SD would be 10% , but yeah since it's just one direction it's 5

So we agree, actually.

... In theory.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Aiaiai this gaussian standard curve of distribution is haunted. I had this once in measurement engineering but somehow every other study course has statistics once and there this curve seems to be the holy grail. If I had known that the curve will haunt me for the rest of my life, I actually would have paied attention to the excersise in measurement engineering class

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I'm INTP and in Mensa. I think that speaks for itself...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, now that this thread reemerged, it gave me an aching to say something. And since I didn't want to do the obvious eyeroll smilie, I actually looked at a few articles on the subject. (Skimmed a couple and read some abstracts, so I guess you can say I'm an expert on the topic. ) It appears to be that N does tend to score higher than S on IQ tests, and P's tend to score higher than J's. If this is true, kind of funny that the best in school all seem to be SJ's. So I guess schools are biased towards SJ's and standardized tests are biased towards NP's. Who's smarter? I guess we'll never know. We might as well start talking about religion.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.