First 242505152535462102 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I could be biased, but I think NFs over all are the most intelligent. the reason I think NFs are as a whole more intelligent than NTs is because our intuition is less inhibited. NTs can grasp theoretical concepts better than most types, but they often have trouble understanding more subjective concepts and sometimes miss things that NFs pick up immediately. my INTJ friend is a total mastermind at business, economics and strategy, but he misses some of the most obvious things because he has a harder time understanding things until he breaks them down and restructures them into an objective model. he is only recently discovering the limits of what is objectively provable and the value of grasping information subjectively in order to understand it more quickly. however, I believe NTs have the most "practical intelligence" of the archtypes. they are by far the most likely to earn a high income and they have a nack for taking complex theory and applying it in a practical and strategic way. they also tend to be better at focusing intuition and thinking toward understanding a highly leveraged skill, systemizing it and optimizing it so that they become extremely proficient at a profitable skill in a short amount of time.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I read somewhere that 80% of xNTPs, xNFPs and INxJs had an IQ greater than or equal to 115, then it was the same for 60% of ENxJs, 50% of ISTJs, 40% of ISTPs, 30% of ESTPs and ISFPs and only 15-20% of xSFJs, ESTJs and ESFPs.

I'am an ISTP with an IQ of 134 personally, and I was a gifted and precocious children.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I could be biased, but I think NFs over all are the most intelligent. the reason I think NFs are as a whole more intelligent than NTs is because our intuition is less inhibited. NTs can grasp theoretical concepts better than most types, but they often have trouble understanding more subjective concepts and sometimes miss things that NFs pick up immediately. my INTJ friend is a total mastermind at business, economics and strategy, but he misses some of the most obvious things because he has a harder time understanding things until he breaks them down and restructures them into an objective model. he is only recently discovering the limits of what is objectively provable and the value of grasping information subjectively in order to understand it more quickly. however, I believe NTs have the most "practical intelligence" of the archtypes. they are by far the most likely to earn a high income and they have a nack for taking complex theory and applying it in a practical and strategic way. they also tend to be better at focusing intuition and thinking toward understanding a highly leveraged skill, systemizing it and optimizing it so that they become extremely proficient at a profitable skill in a short amount of time.
    So what you're telling us is basically that you have your own definition of what intelligence is that, probably just happen to be traits you have and that all that mere NT understanding of say silly things like business strategy, physics or organisations is all and well but none of these serious things that really make people intelligent

Way to show nf smarts dude
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    For the first time in human history we have overcome scarcity in developed countries but our minds haven't caught up with this yet. And who can blame us, for we have lived in scarcity for 200,000 years.

Economics is still based on scarcity, but we manage to keep the economy turning over with the flywheel of military spending and welfare spending.

Our economy is quite capable of providing us all with a guaranteed minimum income instead of military and welfare spending, but our minds are conditioned by scarcity. Our very morals are conditioned by scarcity. And so rather than thinking new thoughts, we moralise.

And when we moralise, we stop thinking about our present reality of plenty.

We drive forward looking in the rear vision mirror of scarcity while plenty is rushing towards us through the windshield.
    hum, no. We're still in a logic of scarcity because that's the material reality and that's why our economy is defined by it. The fact that some people have more than others is a situation that have always existed, it has nothing to do with the current state of scarcity it's just human nature\will to power and the limitations of global social mobility.
    We evolved our way through scarcity. War just as well as cooperation are strategies we use to assimilate and secure ressources as a species. Calling one of these human traits as 'good and justified' and the other as 'mere petty thinking' is patronizing at best
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not exactly.

As an ENFP, what you're seeing here is an Ni/Te "limiting"...Ni delves deeply and explores all the potential and meaning of a singular concept or thing, then objectively objective Te wants to categorize it after objectively measuring it. I know. Frustrating. BUT...they can do things we can't do.

ENFP with Dominant Ne seems incredibly broad-minded and open in comparison - like whoa, collecting and connecting patterns, etc. from the external world, then examining them with a subjectively subjective Fi.

So what you're perceiving is your Ne "broadening" and Fi ethical subjectivity as being more "open" and therefore smarter. And...in certain areas, it surely can be. ENFPs have strengths INTJs lack.

It totally disturbs me when INTPs and INTJs think they know everything, for this reason, because it's so obvious to me as an NF what they do not GET.

So...in sum, I don't think NFs are "smarter" though you're tempted to think that because of your own perceptual lens...just like Mr. Ni/Ti is tempted to think he's smarter because of his perceptual lens.

Oh also...I think TJs - rather than NTs - have the most "practical" intelligence...practical Te is practical.

NTPs have the most "academic" intelligence, it seems to me.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I think xSTJs have a more academic inteligence than xNTPs.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, not generally speaking, because the ISTJ way of thinking isn't even bent toward Ti/Ne abstract theorizing, which is part of what makes academia so annoying, that it seems "unnecessary" or "pretentious"...to some people, some of those people being ISTJs because Si/Te is like THE MOST PRACTICAL THING ON EARTH.

Academic intelligence really is the domain of NTs, but especially NTPs, and if you know anyone with 4 degrees, and none of them in anything remotely useful, it's probably an INTP 80% of the time.

STJs make the world go round, but NTPs are the philosophers.

The major quibble here is defining intelligence first, right? Can we say that intelligence approximates the success rate of problem-solving?

Is that neutral enough to cover all facets of ability and application?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    So what you're telling us is basically that you have your own definition of what intelligence is that, probably just happen to be traits you have and that all that mere NT understanding of say silly things like business strategy, physics or organisations is all and well but none of these serious things that really make people intelligent

Way to show nf smarts dude
    I've actually noticed this in a lot of people.

I am good at X, therefor being smart means being good at X. Not being good at X means you are an idiot.
    He is smarter than me because he is better at X.

MBTI
    ENTP

ESTJs are the moneymakers !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can basically GUARANTEE it.
    I haven't seen ESTJs procrastinate, delay things, or leave them unfinished.