User Tag List

Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

Charting a course Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Intelligence doesn't mean jack shit if you don't do anything with it. IQ is unimportant.

Type has nothing to do with it.

You can be an S with average intelligence, make more money, feel better about yourself, and change more lives for the better, if you have a good idea and make it work.

I would much rather be the S, than a T with a 300 IQ who never leaves his basement, and only discusses ideas with the four people on the internet he deems intelligent enough to be peers.

Implementing what you've learned is better than having a high IQ, and keeping everything to yourself.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ + infinity
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Intelligence doesn't mean jack shit if you don't do anything with it. IQ is unimportant.

Type has nothing to do with it.

You can be an S with average intelligence, make more money, feel better about yourself, and change more lives for the better, if you have a good idea and make it work.

I would much rather be the S, than a T with a 300 IQ who never leaves his basement, and only discusses ideas with the four people on the internet he deems intelligent enough to be peers.

Implementing what you've learned, is better than having a high IQ, and keeping everything to yourself.
    Let the Church Say:

AMEN

I can think intuitively and enjoy the company of INPs, for example, but I don't call myself an N precisely because of IQ. If that's what statistics show, so be it. I'm not an N then. I'm not abysmal, but I'm hardly Mensa level either. And I'm cool with that. It's seems to be one of these areas where I don't care to compete.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I KNOW I'm smart... I went to college on a full scholarship and have always scored more than adequatly on IQ tests (and not the silly online ones!). I just happen to enjoy channeling my intelligence into the presence and into practical applications most of the time instead of dreaming of things that AREN'T particularly useful or beneficial to me. The weird idea that people have that smart= interested in philosophical bullshit is just plain prejudiced and I've been annoyed by it here for the past 3 years
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I KNOW I'm smart... I went to college on a full scholarship and have always scored more than adequatly on IQ tests (and not the silly online ones!). I just happen to enjoy channeling my intelligence into the presence and into practical applications most of the time instead of dreaming of things that AREN'T particularly useful or beneficial to me. The weird idea that people have that smart= interested in philosophical bullshit is just plain prejudiced and I've been annoyed by it here for the past 3 years
    Are you referring to the 'talented' N's who lose their keys, or the N's who can't tie their own shoes?
    Just checking. . .
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    That certainly depends on your goals in life.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Are you referring to the 'talented' N's who lose their keys, or the N's who can't tie their own shoes?
    Just checking. . .
    dammit... I was referring to the Ns who get lost in their own living rooms there! :steam:
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Hee hee. We can sell them maps to their own houses, complete with a "you are here" arrow. For an extra fee, we could offer them a guided tour of their houses or their living rooms, depending on their need for remedial assistance.
    Our assistance could save a life. The Ns will find their way out of their living rooms before turning into skeletons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    dammit... I was referring to the Ns who get lost in their own living rooms there! :steam:
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENTP

Any type can be intelligent in it's own way, as there are a lot of types of intelligence. One can do what the other one isn't good at, and the other way around.

I recently read a story about a guy who was extremely intelligent (more like a mathematical intelligence), when he god a B+ (he only got As), he went rampage and killed his teacher.

Now the obvious questions was, if he was so fucking smart, why did he kill the teacher, ending up in prison?

Even though he was extremely smart, he was good only at ONE specific thing: math and physics.

Kind of like a savant syndrome

Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast