• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
My true type (via functions) is still very much up in the air, but I'm 93% sure I lead with Ti.
In second grade my IQ tested 144.
Last time I remember officially testing, which was in 4th grade with the county, I scored 138, which is still well within gifted.

Now I'm a Music Performance and Maths double major, though I'm seriously struggling in this semester's upper level math course (complex analysis). That might be more that I don't usually do the optional homework though. Same with the music history course (except that homework isn't optional and I'm not struggling as hard there because my notes are easier to read). I also did pretty well in the sciences up until I took AP Chemistry in tenth grade - I missed seven consecutive days of class (at the time we had 90 minute block periods) and I was never quite able to make that up. Haven't taken a science course since, though I've wanted to.

I took the ACT once. It was my twelfth grade year, it was the latest date I could take it and still get my scores to the universities on time, and I didn't study or anything leading up to it. My scores: Reading 33, Writing 33, Math 26 (because I didn't answer a quarter of the questions because I got complacent), Science 35. Overall 32.

And people question my being Ti-dom.
(I might have been more affected by Hard's comment in a different thread than I'll let myself openly admit.)

I miss sciences, particularly biomedical sciences. I'm thinking of dropping the maths double major (since I don't want to go to grad school with it anyways and it'll just add another year to my undergrad, and for what reason?) and taking post-bacc pre-med courses.

I'm not sure how exactly that factors in to the IQ discussion but yeah.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I excel at reasoning and problem-solving in many areas of my life. When I do go ask for help, most of the time people don't know much more than I do and I end up schooling them a good chunk of the time. But I tend to perform rather mediocrely on aptitude tests for some reason. So, that was part of the reason why I was arguing not to put too much stock into IQ tests... even if it was purely anecdotal.

Tests are a half ass way of seeing what people know at the time they took the test. This is so far disconnected from life its not funny. In life you have a HUGE number of resources, no time limit, group discussions, etc. Its why you don't really become experienced until you have been in the field. Life is about finding the answers, tests are about knowing the answers.

On another note, I would argue that IQ is not about problem solving abilities, but more with the speed you can process something. I say this because we have a lot of "Geniuses" that couldn't solve a real life problem if the answer smacked them in the face. They would be stuck behind what their brain says is and isn't possible. Think of their thought process as a theory...what doesn't fit in the theory isn't so...it doesn't make sense. These people excel in school, but fail in life because life does not follow the theory they are taught. I know one person who is at the "Genius" level except he couldn't understand balance in the work place...their was the right way and the hack. The hack was the balance between all the variables...time, money, technology, etc. The masterpiece was the right way...only to find out as he became more experienced, it wasn't really the right way, but a possible way that presented problems in other areas because everything in life is a balance...a ying/yang so to speak. He was prone to mental break downs due to this, but he was a "Genius" yet couldn't handle what life through at him because of it.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ.

The few IQ scores I've acquired ranged from as low as 124 to as high as 141. Then again, it's clear that those assessments only measure a certain kind of intelligence. I disregard them as a true measure of my brainpower.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I can take tests so I've always had a higher IQ. That being said, being able to take standardized tests does not equal intelligence so I don't really attach much value to the whole thing.
I'm definitely not as smart as any test scores say I am, that's for sure. I'm okay in certain areas but overall I would say I'm quite average.

If we're talking MBTI, I've always thought INTJs are more intelligent than most in the classic sense. This study found that IPs are most common amongst gifted children.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What's all this push back against IQ? :thinking:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i'm too stupid to take an IQ test.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like reading another person's reported I.Q. score on the internet is like being forced to watch them masturbate.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ ~174 (approx)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel like reading another person's reported I.Q. score on the internet is like being forced to watch them masturbate.

Or show off their Schwartz!

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Short answer: because IQ isn't real. No one knows exactly what it measures and what it doesn't, and which of these components is actually more important in relation to intelligence, the measured or the unmeasured - especially since we actually don't know how to define intelligence so that each and everyone would agree. That's real science.

Just my opinion. In other words, I don't care about IQ. I care what I have and what good I can do with it without causing grief to others or to myself.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I should not have read this thread... almost 9 years and it. Just. Won't. Die.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd love to understand the differentiating behaviours of the same type with different IQs/intelligence unrelated to IQ. How does a 60iq xxxx compared to a 120iq xxxx?

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(snickers). That's because that's usually what it is. :doh:

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

People masturbate about all KINDS of things. Some their comic book collection, others their fascination with personality theories (these are the REAL weirdos) and still others about something they ate or bought recently. Bottom line: people masturbate in public ALL THE TIME.

I think it's funny that you made that statement within a thread about people masturbating about their IQ, which begs the question, do you like watching people masturbate about their IQ but feel the need to say that? (projected self loathing? :newwink:) Or something else (more likely). Whatever the case, thanks for the chuckles this sparked in me. :hug:

A song (the video espeically) comes to mind. Enjoy :D

P.S. INFP 148

P.S.S. *begins to masturbate FURIOUSLY*

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People masturbate about all KINDS of things. Some their comic book collection, others their fascination with personality theories (these are the REAL weirdos) and still others about something they ate or bought recently. Bottom line: people masturbate in public ALL THE TIME.

I think it's funny that you made that statement within a thread about people masturbating about their IQ, which begs the question, do you like watching people masturbate about their IQ but feel the need to say that? (projected self loathing? :newwink:) Or something else (more likely). Whatever the case, thanks for the chuckles this sparked in me. :hug:

A song (the video espeically) comes to mind. Enjoy :D

[snip]

P.S. INFP 148

P.S.S. *begins to masturbate FURIOUSLY*

Well, I for one am glad you are proud of your hand and your Mr. Johnson. Remember, you are free to be you.

But, if you take a step back there's a very strong metaphor for self IQ reporting in masturbation. You've already mentioned the self gratification and the exhibitionism aspect. IQ is essentially a (alleged) representation of potential, not only is there exhibition and self gratification involved, there is also a certain decided lack of propagation of that potential in reporting your number in a supreme act of solipsism, much like blowing your load onto a busy sidewalk corner. No doubt there could potentially be information to be gleaned from such activities being done in groups, but I imagine that circle jerks aren't terribly analytical activities.

From a psychosexual point of view, I'd connect displays of comic book collections as more of an exotic display of mate attraction, and the discussion of typology as a a number of things depending on the approach and reason for involvement.

Starry

My IQ is higher than Spanky's

*Starts to masturbate super FURIOUSLY!*