User Tag List

Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i've never taken an IQ test proper, but i've been kicking standardized test ass since elementary school. i think Ne is useful in getting you to an answer - as in, coming up with ideas how you can get there, even if you don't really know - it's just probably going to be the "wrong" way of getting there. fortunately you don't have to bubble in how you solved the problem...

i dunno how Te would make you better at parking but i correlate too. vis-spat is my highest of the multiple intelligences and i pride myself on my parallel parking skillz.
    Hehe, there you see that prolly all theories about IQ go to hell at some point.
    Closer.to.Heaven
    Patience, that blending of moral courage with physical timidity.
    ~Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    No, I mean what really makes someone intelligent. Because everyone understands diffferent things with different speeds and all, is someone who understands algebra really well but is useless at mechanics more or less intelligent than someone who understands how a mechanical system operates? And sometimes intelligence is speed, whereas other times it's your ability to retain information etc. It's not easy to measure in any case, because different people will consider different things more intelligent than others.
    Memorisation of knowledge and intelligence would not be the same thing. And as such someone who is knowledgeable may seem intelligent when he may not be. Also is the case of level of understanding of various different topics. If one understands something and another does not it does not make the person who understands it more intelligent. The more intelligent however, would understand it more effectively quicker than the other person with his own thoughts. It would all be a matter of how complex your mind works to figure something out as well as it's speed.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I seem to score around the 120-130 mark too, wouldn't be surprised if this was common for an Ne dom. I think we score above average (100 is average afterall and I've taken quite a few tests for me to be relatively confident of my scores), but not quite as high as say an INTJ on average. I did read on an INTJ's blog (you guys know des?) that a large percentage of INTJ's are in the top 25% percent or whatever for intelligence. I can't remember details because I can't seem to find her blog right now lol, but yeah, it's why I asked if anyone had more stats.

Here's an article that I found a while ago on the how common different MBTI types are among gifted adolescence and compares that to the general public.

http://sengifted.org/articles_social...calTypes.shtml

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, start any drama, but here's what the stats say: if you rank all the types by the difference between the frequency in the gifted population and the frequency in the normal population, this is what you get:

Gifted Normal Index
    INTP 12.03 3.54 3.40
    INTJ 7.53 2.62 2.87
    INFP 10.41 3.89 2.68
    INFJ 4.78 1.79 2.67
    ENTP 11.35 4.89 2.32
    ENFP 15.45 7.6 2.03
    ENTJ 5.84 3.93 1.49
    ENFJ 4.55 3.61 1.26
    ISTJ 6.83 6.92 0.99
    ISTP 3.23 4.16 0.78
    ESTP 3.21 6.52 0.49
    ISFJ 2.73 6.82 0.40
    ISFP 2.15 5.4 0.40
    ESFP 2.63 9.37 0.28
    ESTJ 3.89 14.97 0.26
    ESFJ 3.31 13.97 0.24

In other words, the major traits of being 'gifted' seem to be N > S primarily, then I > E secondly. After that there T's seems to do a little bit better than F's (compare ESFP's and ESTP's, ISTJ's and ISFJ's etc.) and in the same way, P's seem to do a little better than J's. Oh well, ENFP's are still the most common type in the gifted population (we're the most common N's lol) :P. I hope no one gets offended by this.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Okay, which one of you ENTJs is holding down the rest?

Would love to see the breakdown of IQs for this study.

That's my name biotch! Array JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

The majority of undergraduates are sensing students. Based on data from the Center for Applied Psychological Type (CAPT) between 56% and 72% of over 16,000 freshmen at three state universities were sensing students. Interestingly, almost 83% of national merit scholarship finalists and 92% of Rhodes Scholars were intuitive students.
    Interestingly, almost 64% of Rhodes Scholars were perceptive students.
    I couldn't find any data regarding this for feeling v thinking or extroversion v introversion.

There does seem to be a natural curiosity that goes along with intuition and perceiving that would seem to naturally be "mind expanding" if you will. Of course the above data is more a reflection of intellectualism that I.Q., I would say.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm an INFP and I always remember numbers, dates, and random facts. I'm good, not great, at math. As you might expect, better at the more amorphous school subjects like English.

I heard on a PDF somewhere that an N is 23 times as likely as an S to have a high IQ. Also, that an I is 7 times as likely as an E. It sounds a little too extreme to be pulled out of someone's ass. Maybe it's true. At any rate, ENTPs, INTJs, and INTPs are usually thought of as the intellectual types, with INFPs and ENFPs as the talented but impractical students.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

:rolli: and more people digging up data that isn't particularly accurate or unbiased in order to make themselves feel better... this is by far the dumbest argument on the board- worse than T v F!
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

^ You heard it on a PDF, though?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    :rolli: and more people digging up data that isn't particularly accurate or unbiased in order to make themselves feel better... this is by far the dumbest argument on the board- worse than T v F!
    Didn't you know preferring vanilla ice cream makes you more likely to put down the toilet seat, before taking a crap?
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

That's my name biotch! Array JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

^ Which perhaps dispels the argument that N's are smarter than S's

I know I posted some obscure data that I once read. I think that it is possible for there to be trends based on MBTI type, but clearly there is great variation between individuals. I know plenty of S's who are smarter than me.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast