First 3341424344455393 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post

Logic fail.
    hahaha, I know, I saw that too but it was just too obvious to mock.

It's sorta like kicking a small retarded boy in the balls after his ice cream cone fell on the ground and a bird crapped on him.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ yeah, but this small special child just pissed in my breakfast and has it coming

(I'm not in a grumpy mood anymore but am still disgusted by that post!)

** see randomnity... you DIDN'T kill the thread! I posted after you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

I was talking to one of the tech guys at work recently.

Off the top of my head i'd say he is a InTx. I was making conversation with him as he has few social skills going in his favour. Anyway i asked him what his IQ was as he is a self-taught computer tech guy/thing. He said 126 but went on to say that his English is shit, he stutters when anxious (i hadn't noticed) and his spelling is appaling.

For once .. It was really nice to meet someone who had a high IQ but was also aware of his flaws/weaknesses.

Apologies .. Lets get back to 'My IQ is high and my shit don't smell'
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    TiNi

A lot to say about IQ can be seen in Christopher Lagan, Christopher Langan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Is iq all there is to being smart? Cause either his ctmu theory is way beyond my mortal comprehensions or he does seems a little looney, he's got high iq and i'd say his shit do smell.

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

IQ wise I've scored from 90 to higher 130s (mensa practice test, I think) depending on the test and particularly the type of test I'm doing. I tend to do worse on mathematical and spatial tests (My "male" brain apparently sucks) while I do extremely well on verbal tests such as definitions, analogies, and logic tests, stuff like that
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Just bumping this a bit further so I won't forget. Am at work at the moment but will post some of the stats on IQ and type from the MBTI manual over the weekend. These are rarified however and largely have a narrow focus on US College students.

I am personally more of an adherent to Gardner's Multiple Intelligences - will tell you an interesting story on a child who supposedly failed his IQ test then as well.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post

I am personally more of an adherent to Gardner's Multiple Intelligences - will tell you an interesting story on a child who supposedly failed his IQ test then as well.
    Ha, the reason why I score high on IQ tests is only because they test the intelligences I happen to be high in: logical/mathematical and verbal and to a lesser extent visual/spatial. If the IQ test started involving bodily/kinestetic, interpersonal, or musical questions, my score would drop precipitiously.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I have tested variously from a young age on traditional IQs from 126 to 151 (tho the latter was when I first started high school) Mainly verbal, logic and spatial. The highest I have achieved in the last 10 years was 143, but I doubt on the single test I would achieve that now - my brain is not as quick as it used to be at 55

I did hear an interesting story when talking to a psychologist about a young gifted boy in late primary school whose parents were called in when he tested sub 80. When they asked to look at the test he had skipped one section of the questions completely. The young lad was called into the office and asked why he skipped the questions to which he replied something to the effect of "they already asked those questions earlier and I didn't think I should have to answer them again". The questions were indeed similar but rephrased to test consistency in answer and this ten year old called the test into question!!

Needless to say he was retested with gifted results!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

eh...I had my IQ tested in high school (I was such an obnoxious little asshat, that I suppose they were trying to confirm that I was indeed stupid enough to address the beefy-necked gym teacher Patrick as Patsy.)

I'm not posting numbers here, but let's just say that if I was willing to pay Mensa to assist in the destruction of my dignity, I could. But the fact is, I'm not much for nerds. They squeal when you tackle them.

Oh, and I think my highest scores were in the logic/verbal/math and my lowest scores were in those pattern grids.

And I certainly don't see myself as "spectactularly ooh wow BEETHOVEN PRODIGY" smart. I just got lucky that day, and for once, peed before taking the test.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I was talking to one of the tech guys at work recently.

Off the top of my head i'd say he is a InTx. I was making conversation with him as he has few social skills going in his favour. Anyway i asked him what his IQ was as he is a self-taught computer tech guy/thing. He said 126 but went on to say that his English is shit, he stutters when anxious (i hadn't noticed) and his spelling is appaling.

For once .. It was really nice to meet someone who had a high IQ but was also aware of his flaws/weaknesses.

Apologies .. Lets get back to 'My IQ is high and my shit don't smell'
    Meh, I see this a whole lot more often then not. It is so common for me to hear the "My IQ is *insert ridiculously huge number* but I'm still a no-good, worthless..." that it makes me want to explode.
    It leads me to think of a few likely things about the person:
    1.) The person takes the "Intelligence Quotient" too seriously in the first place and looks at a statement like "my IQ is 159" as "I am better at everything than 99.9999% of the population" and feels the need to counter this with "OMG I have weaknesses too!"
    2.) The person has terribly low self-esteem and is using the opportunity as an excuse to beat him/herself up.

Bottom-line, having a high IQ is awesome, but so is being able to play piano or climb a mountain. You don't have to give it more power than it has.