User Tag List

Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trayal View Post
    Been reading through this thread over the past few days, and decided I needed to register and contribute a bit. (BTW, hi, all!)

Aside from the undefined and possibly pretentious term "gifted" used in the study the above table came from, I found the correlations there pretty striking. I decided to take it a bit further and threw together a spreadsheet and fleshed out the data for the norm group then added the gifted and norm group together for a total. This also allowed the inclusion of a column for the ratio between gifted/norm, and another column for the percentage of gifted per type. This makes the pattern a little easier to perceive.

Enjoy.

There is SO much wrong with that data it's outragious... there is very little that can be gleaned from it....

MBTI
    xSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    This explains a lot less than you would think, actually.
    Seriosuly, I see an ESFJ who scores low much better at handling real life then I see a gifted INTP handling life. Its paper intelligence vs functional intelligence.

It actually shows why an INTP would actually be attracted to an ESFJs ability, but at the same time fear it and have a need to put it down to bring their self esteem up. The joys of conflicting...er...I mean shadow relationships
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Here's a big source of bias. The "gifted" are those opting to participate in gifted programs. Essentially extra courses and so on. Sensors are less likely to choose to take classes with no concrete benefit in their free time. The big issue is that the information was gathered to help teach the kids taking such courses not to gauge what types are smart. We are using the information in a very different manner that it was meant.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    xSTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    Here's a big source of bias. The "gifted" are those opting to participate in gifted programs. Essentially extra courses and so on. Sensors are less likely to choose to take classes with no concrete benefit in their free time. The big issue is that the information was gathered to help teach the kids taking such courses not to gauge what types are smart. We are using the information in a very different manner that it was meant.
    But in reality going to gifted clases causes "gifted" people to escape mainstream further pushing themsleves into their "gift" and mental frame of thought that they are better which they feel the need to defend themselves with charts like these which pushes others down and raises them up escalating and push themselves further from where they need to go...um...ok I am gonna start going in circles no point in continuing.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    ENTP

more bias - non of the data matches, so the comparision can't be drawn in the frist place.

The analysis uses several data sets spread across different times with different definitions... then compared to an undefined population...

There are at least a dozen other issues including appauling reporting that means the data ultimately is likely to be nonsense.

When I looked at it back in Dec/early Jan, there was about 3 tings that ought to be research properly... the biggie being that N v's S shows a small skew towards gifteness,

MBTI
    ESFJ

I like being an EXFJ with an IQ in the 150 range. Makes me feel that much more unusual.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I like being an EXFJ with an IQ in the 150 range. Makes me feel that much more unusual.
    how X is your x? Your avatar lable has you as an S... just curious.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    how X is your x? Your avatar lable has you as an S... just curious.
    I score like 50-50 on N vs. S. I've scored as every ExxJ combo there is. ESFJ first and most often. Many people are convinced I am ENFJ, though. Personally, I don't mind being labeled ESFJ. It seems to piss the right people off. I think the last breakdown was:

86% E 50% N/S 60%F 65% J

Something like that. The E and J are the only true consistents, with the E being extremely pronounced.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I score like 50-50 on N vs. S. I've scored as every ExxJ combo there is. ESFJ first and most often. Many people are convinced I am ENFJ, though. Personally, I don't mind being labeled ESFJ. It seems to piss the right people off. I think the last breakdown was:

86% E 50% N/S 60%F 65% J

Something like that. The E and J are the only true consistents, with the E being extremely pronounced.
    The SN 50:50 is really interesting, I've been looking at loads of MBTI data just cos I'm a geek, and I'd put money on this being the big dicotomy that really splits people out... and you must be the first person I've come across consiously that has splt evenly.

Now, I'm assuming you took the test yourself... have you ever asked someone around you to help you? A partner perhaps - someone who knows you well?

I have a friend who swore he was so different in different situation that he couldn't type himself. I could tell from emails, conversations etc he screamed ESTJ, the evidence inclusded a 3000 word email giving blow by blow instructions on getting to a venue in order to go out a walk (an email I normally manage to pen in 2 lines).

Very interesting, your intellegence may be getting in the way of typing because you ahve developed coping mechanisims around areas of weakness...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Sweet. We ISTJs try to act so normal that, in aggregate, our gifted percentage is normal!

Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast