User Tag List

First 2836373839404888 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post

Personally, I believe that you can develop aptitude in all 8 functions, while maintaining a preference for your type's function. I could be wrong though. *shrug*
    I do like it when common sense prevails ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Been reading through this thread over the past few days, and decided I needed to register and contribute a bit. (BTW, hi, all!)

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Aside from the undefined and possibly pretentious term "gifted" used in the study the above table came from, I found the correlations there pretty striking. I decided to take it a bit further and threw together a spreadsheet and fleshed out the data for the norm group then added the gifted and norm group together for a total. This also allowed the inclusion of a column for the ratio between gifted/norm, and another column for the percentage of gifted per type. This makes the pattern a little easier to perceive.

Enjoy.

^^LOL, if you are gifted and INTP, you are not very special at all.

Oh, and surprise surprise. The ESFJ is on the bottom. The INTPs shadow. They always said that retard and genius is two sides off the same coin. This explains a lot actually.

Thanks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

what exactly is gifted? I was placed in a gifted program when I was in grade school but begged my mom to take me out because I found out it was just more work!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Oh, and surprise surprise. The ESFJ is on the bottom. The INTPs shadow. They always said that retard and genius is two sides off the same coin. This explains a lot actually.
    This explains a lot less than you would think, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    This explains a lot less than you would think, actually.
    As in, the more you understand, the more you understand that what you really understand is that you dont understand at all?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    As in, the more you understand, the more you understand that what you really understand is that you dont understand at all?
    As in, these figures are practically useless to begin with. You can't measure the individual by sizing up the group.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

My experience shows that I score lower on tests that are based on the visual logic, than mathematical (number lists and stuff like that) and verbal logic and some visual. Fx on the Danish website's IQ test which is fully based on pictures I score like around 110, but in Free IQ Test - Fast, Free and Accurate Online IQ Test which is based on all kinds of questions involving verbal, mathematical and visual I scored 151. That's a big difference! So I believe that it's hard to measure actual IQ, it would be smarter to distinguish verbal, mathematical and visual IQ.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    As in, these figures are practically useless to begin with. You can't measure the individual by sizing up the group.
    Agreed, and that was more clear then my vapid joke. I tend to just laugh of these things, fail to be able to take it seriously.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

what the chart doesn't tell you: All of the sensors at the bottom are gifted, just gifted at useful things.