User Tag List

First 2735363738394787 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I.Q. tests show a correlation between T and higher average I.Q.

We should rely on the I.Q. measurement because it's imperative that the F's become a permanent, intellectual underclass so that we T's have someone to cook our food, clean our rooms, and mend our socks.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post

We should rely on the I.Q. measurement because it's imperative that the F's become a permanent, intellectual underclass so that we T's have someone to cook our food, clean our rooms, and mend our socks.
    Coolness!

So if my IQ is higher than yours, you would cook and clean for me?

Wait, are you a girl or guy? Cus I only want to make this deal if you are a girl and you are willing to work for the sheer pleasure of knowing me. LOL

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Actually, no - they usually show correlation between N and higher IQ. T/F and P/J seem to make far less difference, often with no correlation. Sometimes I/E makes a difference, but still not as noticeable as S/N. IQ tests seem to measure a very N type of intelligence.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I will never understand why a preference for facts, details, evidence, relevance, and the present moment would indicate a slower learning process than preference for theory, imagination, concepts, future, and ideas.
    Both would be taking the IQ test from different perspectives, but should arrive at the answer just as easily.

I do understand why an N would have a preference for some more theoretical topics, (philosophy, language, psychology), while an S might have a preference for more the sciences and math. (No I didn't read this, admittedly, its just my thoughts on the matter.) But as far as inductive logic, both should have the same ability.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Smart but helpless???

I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    Coolness!

So if my IQ is higher than yours, you would cook and clean for me?

Wait, are you a girl or guy? Cus I only want to make this deal if you are a girl and you are willing to work for the sheer pleasure of knowing me. LOL
    You wouldn't want me to cook and clean for you. You'd get canned beans and a house full of roaches. (Oh, and my species is sexless/genderless.)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Actually, no - they usually show correlation between N and higher IQ. T/F and P/J seem to make far less difference, often with no correlation. Sometimes I/E makes a difference, but still not as noticeable as S/N. IQ tests seem to measure a very N type of intelligence.
    T or N. Doesn't matter, so long as my socks don't have holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Smart but helpless???
    We can get along without the help, but the food is bland.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I will never understand why a preference for facts, details, evidence, relevance, and the present moment would indicate a slower learning process than preference for theory, imagination, concepts, future, and ideas.
    Both would be taking the IQ test from different perspectives, but should arrive at the answer just as easily.

I do understand why an N would have a preference for some more theoretical topics, (philosophy, language, psychology), while an S might have a preference for more the sciences and math. (No I didn't read this, admittedly, its just my thoughts on the matter.) But as far as inductive logic, both should have the same ability.
    On the same note, most intellectual disciplines have both an applied and theoretical side to them. Mathematics is an excellent example.

Ultimately, we all still have 8 functions whether we want to believe it or not. And having a preference for one does not mean that you can't use the other (Ni/Se, Si/Ne, etc.). Thus, an ESFP could be excellent in academic disciplines, just as an INTJ could be well-versed in social disciplines.

Personally, I believe that you can develop aptitude in all 8 functions, while maintaining a preference for your type's function. I could be wrong though. *shrug*
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

Agreed. In my opinon, IQ is an ancient invention that should have been absorbed by newer systems by now.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    ENTP

re: math and science skills, often see Ns as Electrical Engineers, Ss as Mechanical Engineers

EEs need to deal with invisible electrons, MechEs with highly visible gears and motors

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    On the same note, most intellectual disciplines have both an applied and theoretical side to them. Mathematics is an excellent example.
    S's are better in basic maths. Advanced maths requires "theory, imagination, concepts and ideas", which are N traits.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: