User Tag List

First 2533343536374585 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Some cultures consider N traits to be more desirable and it'll show on mbti types distribution I guess by getting 'borderline N/S' onto the N side of the fence

and about the 548 entps: free food ?
    LOL @ free food...

Don't worry about me picking, I know you are just the messenger... but I have huge doubts over source of the sample, it would be really strange in all the literature I've read N types are c.25% or less of the population (irrespective of country, but I've not seen it broken down country by country).

MBTI is skewed towards the US/UK use, so it's not as widely used in the sothern Hemesphere I beleive.

Still interesting.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    LOL @ free food...

Don't worry about me picking, I know you are just the messenger... but I have huge doubts over source of the sample, it would be really strange in all the literature I've read N types are c.25% or less of the population (irrespective of country, but I've not seen it broken down country by country).

MBTI is skewed towards the US/UK use, so it's not as widely used in the sothern Hemesphere I beleive.

Still interesting.
    Yeah i sort of have the same questions. I mean, I don't see alot of entps around me and sometimes I see numbers like 5-7% which just seem unrealistic (or maybe they're hiding
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah i sort of have the same questions. I mean, I don't see alot of entps around me and sometimes I see numbers like 5-7% which just seem unrealistic (or maybe they're hiding
    I did an Omnibus in the UK (twice infact) and ENTP = 1% which is tiny.

If this research was in a tech collage or Engineering students then I'd by a upswing, but having ENTPs as the biggest sample, resiously dubious...

Still I doubt we will ever clarify

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I did an Omnibus in the UK (twice infact) and ENTP = 1% which is tiny.

If this research was in a tech collage or Engineering students then I'd by a upswing, but having ENTPs as the biggest sample, resiously dubious...

Still I doubt we will ever clarify
    Well they used the SAT scores to define gifted which just seem sort of odd and everything and didn't say what were the exact criterias for gifted (maybe it's in the original study)
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post25019
    that study is the only study around about which i'm pretty sure is following the scientific method but the data is over 20 years old.
    I've often wondered if some of the 'high iq entps' don't turn intp because of the difficulties to relate to other people's centers of interests and if this wouldn't explain at least a part of the I/E IQ discrepancies, especially after seeing statistics where extroverted nts score higher than introverts in 8-12 grade.
    I actually have an example from real life. (who since then turned back entp and was very clearly an enp child)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well they used the SAT scores to define gifted which just seem sort of odd and everything and didn't say what were the exact criterias for gifted (maybe it's in the original study)
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post25019
    that study is the only study around about which i'm pretty sure is following the scientific method but the data is over 20 years old.
    I've often wondered if some of the 'high iq entps' don't turn intp because of the difficulties to relate to other people's centers of interests.
    I actually have an example from real life. (who since then turned back entp but was very clearly and enp child)
    Sorry I don't understand the categorisation on the SAT link you sent but no matter.

If my passing an exam as a teen seems reflective of educational perfomance at that time, and it doens't realted to IQ.... I was very distracted at high school, but it wasn't a reflection of pater performance or IQ...

beign 20 years old is not the concdern, the method sound massively flawed though... but interesting to chat about...

I am getting more introverted because I work in an environment that is very suppressing of ideas/innovation... so I share less, I don't think I will let the organisation change me completly, but it is movng me towards the I scale.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

the number means the position in relation to other groupstypes (averaged by group of course)

... In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    There will be a correlation between smart parents having smart kids, but thats probably about it.
    ... and very smart parents having average kids. It's an effect to counter extreme deviancy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    ... and very smart parents having average kids. Return to the norm.
    Well extreme equilibrium states are often fragile.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

the number means the position in relation to other groupstypes (averaged by group of course)
    ewe still not convinced its valid as indicative of IQ... Not an issue though, hellishly difficult thing to prove without conducting c.5000 intereviews tests of both IQ and MBTI, so I guess we will never get definative evidence.

As for genetics and intellegence, I think it's a game of roulet, Intellegent parents are not certain of bright kids...

L

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

SORRY GUYS

I'm so STUPID.... columns N = sample size (should be labled n)....

How the hell did they get 548 ENTPs? I'm very suspicious of where the sample came from because ENTPs are typicall 1-5% of the population

I'm concerns over how they sampled this, 75% of the UK population is S typed and this survey is heavily skewed N types - no idea what population it relates to but I' suspicious....
    The N column is the number in the gifted sample. So the ENTPs are being shown as common among gifted students. And why do people think ENTPs are only 1% of the population? I know plenty of ENTPs, they are the most common NT type.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: