User Tag List

First 1624252627283676 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I don't think that IQ tests are all that accurate. They can only test a few types of intelligence. People with vivid imaginations tend to lose points on the test. (that would be me):steam:

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    As for IQ as a whole, I've never really believed in the system in the first place. IQ definitely favors the intuitives and the thinkers, and it'd be hard to include other abilities using the same standard. IQ seems more a test of skill than actual intelligence.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's a shame that there isn't a better way of measuring IQ. The tests are clearly biased toward intuitive people. I'm not entirely sure about the T/F preference when it comes to this... I have a higher IQ (145) than a good bit of NTs I've met, at least when this topic has come up.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    I

I don't get how IQ tests are biased towards N's.

N's are more imaginative, between-the-lines, big picture, metaphorical, etc.
    S's are more concrete, what's in front of you, detailed, practical, etc.

I don't see how either has an advantage in taking an IQ test. Many of the questions on these tests are very mathematical and spatial, these are traits that aren't limited to either N or S. In fact, the best math students I know are S's. And others are general knowledge questions, which doesn't limit you either.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i don't really like iq tests.

i do think there is something akin to total calculations per second. pure raw unadulterated speed/processing power.

but the overall approach to intelligence is mostly irrelevant. it measures something, as do most standardized tests, and the results are probably correlated with many co-factors, but it offers little actual understanding of anything useful. i could be wrong tho, maybe it does measure a form of intelligence based on problem-solving ability, tho this seems largely biased towards T. pattern recognition is biased towards N, but st(j) types make up for it with overall organization of their understandings, deduction, and memory retrieval.

i imagine nt, st, and nf do the best overall on iq tests with nt being the clear favorite and st and nf being about even. i would guess that the averages would roughly (in order) favor intp, intj, istj, infj, entp, enfp, istp, estj, infp, enfj, estp.

i would like to know more about iq test design/theory.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    but the overall approach to intelligence is mostly irrelevant. it measures something, as do most standardized tests, and the results are probably correlated with many co-factors, but it offers little actual understanding of anything useful. i could be wrong tho, maybe it does measure a form of intelligence based on problem-solving ability, tho this seems largely biased towards T. pattern recognition is biased towards N, but st(j) types make up for it with overall organization of their understandings, deduction, and memory retrieval.
    Yeah, this is the 'visual' aspect of the test which is not really biased towards N. It's just common sense mostly. I don't see anything intuitive about it, mostly what you see is what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i imagine nt, st, and nf do the best overall on iq tests with nt being the clear favorite and st and nf being about even. i would guess that the averages would roughly (in order) favor intp, intj, istj, infj, entp, enfp, istp, estj, infp, enfj, estp.
    And all other types after them? I could potentially see that. Like you said, I think the STs do well on IQ tests.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

yeah, although it is just speculation off the top of my head. i think this fits with the way the test works and what it privileges.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I heard that the top IQs were like... INTJ>INTP>INFP>INFJ though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I heard that the top IQs were like... INTJ>INTP>INFP>INFJ though.
    I don't have any proof, I'm just going off what I think, that the STs would do well because of spatial ability, etc. I don't have a source, but do you have a source for this?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I don't have any proof, I'm just going off what I think, that the STs would do well because of spatial ability, etc. I don't have a source, but do you have a source for this?
    Lol some dude posted it.

But I'm going to agree with STs doing well. I don't see why not.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Is there any significant correlation? On average, who is the smartest type? For that matter, how do all the types rank? I've done some Google research, and all I've really found are two articles on it. Ironically, these two seem to suggest that Feeling and Intuitive types have higher I.Q.s. I find this kind of strange because I would imagine that Sensing and Thinking would make one smarter rather than going by one's emotions. Strange...

As far as I.Q. goes, statistics seem to show that Intuitive Feelers, on average, have the highest scores.

I'm not sure that's true, though.

Most NFs I know, including myself, say they have I.Q.s between 125-140.

But most NTs I know claim to have I.Q.s between 145-160.

Maybe some people are lying. Maybe they've mistyped themselves. Or maybe they are relying on unoffical tests.

I don't know, but I don't think I.Q. is the only gauge of intelligence, anyway.

I subscribe to the theory that there are different kinds of intelligence which are all equally valuable, and that the different kinds of intelligence do correspond to type and/or temperament.

I would recommend looking up David Kiersey or his book "Please Understand Me II" for more information on that.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!