User Tag List

Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

morose bourgeoisie Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Is it an INFP thing? I think, from what I've seen and heard so far, you guys tend to be writers more than anything, but he's also one of those types that actually pays attention to, and remembers, alot of facts, mostly cultural, historical, and trivial, but not number-oriented.

NO. It's not an INFP thing, or an ISTJ thing, or related to type at all.
    I think it's VERY important to be aware of the limits of MBTI. People put way too much emphasis on it when trying to relate it to general abilities.
    I'm an INFP. No doubt about that.
    I'm good at languages.
    I'm good at math.
    I'm very good at music.

Either I'm not an INFP (because my mathematic abilities don't fit the stereotype of the bleedingheart irrational, emotional INFP), or the steroetypes are wrong.

Assuming that someone's type gives you a glimpse into their faculties is truly nonsense.

But what the fuck do I know about it? I'm just an INFP.

Linking MBTI and IQ lowers your IQ 20 points.

Sugar Hiccup Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    NO. It's not an INFP thing, or an ISTJ thing, or related to type at all.
    I think it's VERY important to be aware of the limits of MBTI. People put way too much emphasis on it when trying to relate it to general abilities.
    I'm an INFP. No doubt about that.
    I'm good at languages.
    I'm good at math.
    I'm very good at music.

Either I'm not an INFP (because my mathematic abilities don't fit the stereotype of the bleedingheart irrational, emotional INFP), or the steroetypes are wrong.

Assuming that someone's type gives you a glimpse into their faculties is truly nonsense.

But what the fuck do I know about it? I'm just an INFP.

I'm good at math too. It's always come easily to me. I hate that stereotype also!
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Senior Member Array

I'd say INFPs have a hard time relating to ISTJ math teachers.

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Is there any significant correlation? On average, who is the smartest type? For that matter, how do all the types rank? I've done some Google research, and all I've really found are two articles on it. Ironically, these two seem to suggest that Feeling and Intuitive types have higher I.Q.s. I find this kind of strange because I would imagine that Sensing and Thinking would make one smarter rather than going by one's emotions. Strange...
    IQ tests are biased toward NT intelligence, so they score higher.

We don't really have tests for the other types of intelligence, unfortunately.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member Array Valuable_Money's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Yes, there are definitely members at INFPg who excell at math, but I myself have these sentiments:

I might point out that there are INTPs I know who claim to be awful at math, so perhaps there are math simpletons and math geniuses among every type.
    When I was in grade school they put me in special-ed math and then put me in gifted english. However just to point somthing out, my spelling is awful, my grammer isnt nearly as bad as my spelling but I do make mistakes. The thing I excel at is reading comprehension and creative writing. And I honostly think creative writing is a fluke just because Im always getting criticised for lack of emotion in my writing, I try and make up for it with humour and intelligence(did I also mention I KICK ASS in vocabulary) so needless to say as soon as poetry comes along....
    </stroking ego>
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Let's review that the N isn't about intelligence, it's about creative thinking. Math is quite the opposite way of thinking.
    this

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

I'm an INTP, and while I would consider myself fairly good at math and I really do love it, I also sometimes struggle with it like people who aren't as good because of my synesthesia. It's frustrating because while I can compute and reason rather fast, I make mistakes all the time because my mind is compltely color-coded.

Generally most NTs I know are fairly good at math, but not noticeably more than any other types.

As for IQ as a whole, I've never really believed in the system in the first place. IQ definitely favors the intuitives and the thinkers, and it'd be hard to include other abilities using the same standard. IQ seems more a test of skill than actual intelligence.

Another weird observation: I'm near dysfunctionally bad in spatial areas (I find it hard to mentally picture other sides of 3-D objects or rotate figures in my mind), which are emphasised heavily in almost every professional test I'd ever taken, but I still score in the 145-155 range. That's easily possible, especially if they give more weight to logical questions instead of geometrical questions, but with all the spatially-oriented elements it strikes me as...sort of unlikely? Ehh. I don't know, that's just what I think.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    I'm an INTP, and while I would consider myself fairly good at math and I really do love it, I also sometimes struggle with it like people who aren't as good because of my synesthesia. It's frustrating because while I can compute and reason rather fast, I make mistakes all the time because my mind is compltely color-coded.

Generally most NTs I know are fairly good at math, but not noticeably more than any other types.

As for IQ as a whole, I've never really believed in the system in the first place. IQ definitely favors the intuitives and the thinkers, and it'd be hard to include other abilities using the same standard. IQ seems more a test of skill than actual intelligence.
    How would you test a person's intelligence? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    Another weird observation: I'm near dysfunctionally bad in spatial areas (I find it hard to mentally picture other sides of 3-D objects or rotate figures in my mind), which are emphasised heavily in almost every professional test I'd ever taken, but I still score in the 145-155 range. That's easily possible, especially if they give more weight to logical questions instead of geometrical questions, but with all the spatially-oriented elements it strikes me as...sort of unlikely? Ehh. I don't know, that's just what I think.
    Yeah, the twisting around of 3D shapes and stuff is Visual IQ. Strange that you could get that high of an IQ without doing well in the spatial sections. I usually do well in the Spatial areas but not so well in the Verbal ones.

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    IQ tests are biased toward NT intelligence, so they score higher.

We don't really have tests for the other types of intelligence, unfortunately.
    Fortunately, NT IQ is biased towards kicking ass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

You must be my clone, in terms of being sent to special ed math and gifted English.
    But my spelling is pretty good and I don't really have any problems with grammar.
    Like you, I am good at reading comprehension and creative writing. I've always been good at storytelling with lots of description. I'm less good at putting emotion into my writing. I don't like to tell people how to feel! I'd rather just tell the story and let the reader decide how to feel. I like to put in lots of description to help readers visualize the surroundings that I'm describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    When I was in grade school they put me in special-ed math and then put me in gifted english. However just to point somthing out, my spelling is awful, my grammer isnt nearly as bad as my spelling but I do make mistakes. The thing I excel at is reading comprehension and creative writing. And I honostly think creative writing is a fluke just because Im always getting criticised for lack of emotion in my writing, I try and make up for it with humour and intelligence(did I also mention I KICK ASS in vocabulary) so needless to say as soon as poetry comes along....
    </stroking ego>

this
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast