First 1321222324253373 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Also, highly developed skills in memory, scrabble, chess, music, and almost anything is determined by hours of deliberate practice. The initial IQ advantage goes away pretty quickly. Of course, most people don't bother with deliberate practice, so you'll see IQ correlate well with success at the average levels. Top performers are a different breed.
    That's true, but that's also true that even between two well-trained people the one with higher talent will always trump the one with lower talent.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    What is an ANFP?
    A means ambivert, between extroversion and introversion.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    100, by definition, is the average, with 50% below and 50% above.
    Don't mean to be a dick, but this is not technically true. Just because 100 is average doesn't mean 50% are above and 50% are below.

The average of the sequence {110, 110, 110, 110, 110, 50} is 100 but 83% of people are above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

The average of the sequence {110, 110, 110, 110, 110, 50} is 100 but 83% of people are above average.
    Mental retardation occurs in about 2-3% of population, so if mean IQ is 100, ... 3% MR people have 50 IQ, other 97% people have IQ 101,5...

So, average person still has around 100 IQ.

... i think INTPs should have highest IQ.
    N is huge plus for IQ
    P has little advantage over J
    T over F (maybe)
    I over E.

generally... there are always exceptions.

also Ts have practice brain more than Fs, so it can be they don't have higher IQ naturally, just quicker and more vital brain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Mental retardation occurs in about 2-3% of population, so if mean IQ is 100, ... 3% MR people have 50 IQ, other 97% people have IQ 101,5...

So, average person has to have around 100 IQ.
    I'm not sure I'm following your logic. Are you saying that people with 50 IQ are outliers and only negligibly affect the median?

All I was trying to point out is that it isn't necessarily true that 50% are above average and 50% are below average.

It's always been kind of a pet peeve of mine: in Social Psych my teacher brought up the "above average effect" and explained it by saying "most people think they are above average, but that's clearly impossible, because 50% of people have to be below average!" Not true.

also Ts have most practiced brain, so it can be they don't have higher IQ naturally, just quicker and more vital brain.
    Why do Ts have the most practiced brain? I don't understand.

I'm not sure I'm following your logic. Are you saying that people with 50 IQ are outliers and only negligibly affect the median?
    Yep, IQ bellow 70 is considered MR, isn't it? so according to google () and my memory MR are not above 3% of population. ?

It's always been kind of a pet peeve of mine: in Social Psych my teacher brought up the "above average effect" and explained it by saying "most people think they are above average, but that's clearly impossible, because 50% of people have to be below average!" Not true.
    Sure. That reminds me of quote from Anna Karenina, it goes something like this "Everybody is unhappy about their fortune, but nobody is unhappy about their intelligence" (something like this!)

People can admit they are ugly, poor, whatever, but I really didn't see anybody to think about himself as being stupid. Really stupid. It's simple - you look at yourself and others with your capacity (intelligence) so you can not see more than there is... you're always maximum.
    Why do Ts have the most practiced brain? I don't understand.
    They think more?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

They think more?
    Depends what you mean by 'think'. If you mean "conscious true/false judgments", this is true. But that's pretty narrow...

"Thinking" in the common sense of the word is probably more like Intuition in MBTI than Thinking.

Depends what you mean by 'think'. If you mean "conscious true/false judgments", this is true. But that's pretty narrow...

"Thinking" in the common sense of the word is probably more like Intuition in MBTI than Thinking.
    i'm not saying Ts are more intelligent than Fs, but I expect they should score more on IQ because IQ tests are usually puzzles they prefer and do sometimes for fun.
    Well, I don't know.
    And I agree about intuition of course, it's most important.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

IQ tests tend to be biased toward intuitives I've heard. Not necessarily thinkers though.
    () 9w8-4w3-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp

Administered IQ tests like Stanford Binet depend more on pattern recognition, problem solving, visual - spatial intelligence, fluid reasoning.

Achievement tests are where people "work hard" and memorize.

The latter you can improve with hard work...of course. the former, your mind can work faster one some aspects with practice, but that practice is a very limited ceiling bump, and after you reach your natural limit. I do believe that subjects like Math, can be achievement type with the proper type of training, where you can go beyond your "natural ability".