User Tag List

First 1018192021223070 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Someone wrote on some forum that INxxs are the most intelligent types. I don't know if their source of information was reliable but I can believe it.

In the post that I'm referring to, INxxs were listed in the following order of intelligence:

1. INTJ
    2. INTP
    3. INFP
    4. INFJ

I don't think that INFPs are typically lousy at math. I and my INFP sister have both been good at math, although other things have interested us more. Basically at school I was good at everything that involved theory and was of interest to me: languages, math, and theory subjects. My math skills were more unreliable, though, than my other theoretical skills; for sometimes I would make extremely *stupid* and careless mistakes, and contradictingly, sometimes I would understand something difficult very easily. My math teacher admitted to being confused by the unpredictability of my mathematical understanding.
    Seems about right. Depending on the type of test, my INTJ bro will score between 120 - 140. He was brilliant in school, never studied, aced tests/exams and taught his computer class while the teacher was away. Almost forgot to mention, since he was homescooled up until grade 12, he had to take grades 11 & 12 in one year in order to graduate with enough credits. All this while managing to be the most popular kid in school.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Seems about right. Depending on the type of test, my INTJ bro will score between 120 - 140. He was brilliant in school, never studied, aced tests/exams, and taught classes when the teachers were away. All this while managing to be the most popular kid in school.
    Heck, I don't have an IQ figure for my ESFP son, who is artistic and comes off as scatter-brained and "Mr. Party" all the time... but he gets A's in math, gets it done quickly, and never asks for help. If you saw him, you'd think his average GPA would be a C, but he's usually riding the A line without working at all.

Go figure.

There are also different "types" of math. The number-crunching variety used for computation is one style, the differentials and more abstracted stuff is a different sort of beastie.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

How old is the kid anyway?
    'til about 9th grade math is a joke.

Doesn't account for the success in other classes.
    Who woulda thought IQ was a generic thing instead of a type thing AMIRITELOL?

Stupid scientists and their experiment based conjecture... who do those assholes think they are?
    Defying theoretical rigor like that.
    Since when does evidence trump the social contract huh?

Who's with me?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Is it an INFP thing? I think, from what I've seen and heard so far, you guys tend to be writers more than anything, but he's also one of those types that actually pays attention to, and remembers, alot of facts, mostly cultural, historical, and trivial, but not number-oriented.
    I'm not an INFP, but an ISFP, and have also found math difficult. Maybe it's because one of the traits of my type is focusing on concrete things rather than abstract things like math...though math is taught early in life using things rather than numbers directly. That's why even though I find math difficult, well, geometry is a different matter.

excuse me, is this the thread where i check in?

my name is nanook. i am retarded.

my mama told me i'm special, but the people in school know better. in germany we have the word "schwachsinning". it means moronically, but literally "having weak senses". it think that means that my brain makes no sense. i like that word a lot, because it describes me. so i know who i am. but i eat a lot of fish. that is supposed to help.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My mother has the highest IQ in my family. Both parents were valedictorians. She is an INFJ (note that she is an F and math is actually her strong suit), whereas my father and also brilliant sister are INTJ's and your stereotypical engineers. I think to get any kind of real answer to this question you'd need to do a pretty extensive survey rather than just let people chime in.

Of course, the most important thing to consider in all of this is that I.Q. measures how well you do on an I.Q. test and not much else. Intelligence comes in so many different forms. You may score a 142 on an I.Q. test and have no spatial awareness, making you a klutz and totally inept at baseball (I would know), or you could score a 16 on the SAT and play two parts out of two different instruments out of both sides of your mouth at the same time (my hs band director). I don't at all like I.Q. as a blanket gauge of intelligence.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    My mother has the highest IQ in my family. Both parents were valedictorians. She is an INFJ (note that she is an F and math is actually her strong suit), whereas my father and also brilliant sister are INTJ's and your stereotypical engineers. I think to get any kind of real answer to this question you'd need to do a pretty extensive survey rather than just let people chime in.

Of course, the most important thing to consider in all of this is that I.Q. measures how well you do on an I.Q. test and not much else. Intelligence comes in so many different forms. You may score a 142 on an I.Q. test and have no spatial awareness, making you a klutz and totally inept at baseball (I would know), or you could score a 16 on the SAT and play two parts out of two different instruments out of both sides of your mouth at the same time (my hs band director). I don't at all like I.Q. as a blanket gauge of intelligence.
    When you put it like that, I think that ESTPs are the smartest people in the real world. They always always know what to say and how to say it. They can literally make a loss sound like a victory. And keep in mind that their grades and popularity ratings aren't poor either. Jeezuz

deleted

My ESTP brother has an IQ of 150-something. He was tested when young. When he takes IQ tests I find him online he scores in the high 150s, 157 the mode.

His occupation is a substitute middle/high school teacher. He messes with the students heads a lot, saying logical sounding things that end up confusing or scaring them, like that he doesn't remember them because the last guy was his identical twin, matching up remarks to improvised theories, changing personalities each class, making fun of the idiots, basically fucking with them etc.

He likes cryptic objects, with unique uses, and invents original things for semipractical use like the ENTP does, so he has some of that flavor to his soup. But he fits the ESTP Se profile a lot more. He's not really weird, he just acts weird when he feels like it.

Family members IQ's that I know of:
    (Results of IQ tests given to grade school kids, online tests, and tests in college)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INTJ brother - 147-160 + (depending on the test)
    ESTP brother - 145 (only has taken one test though, around age 6 or so)
    ISFP female (me) - 142-155 (depending on the test)

Honestly, I think it has very little to do with type. I think that it a combination of genetics and environment (what kinds of things you learn/do from a young age on can affect it, quite a lot).

But I agree with almost everyone else here, that IQ does not = intelligence, but measures certain aspects of someone's brain. It's very incomplete.

Also, my INTJ brother is the smartest person I've met, and he is amazing at abstract math. My ENTJ brother has not taken a test that I know of, but he is great at that kind of math, too.

My ESTP brother AND me both dropped out of high school. I have no idea if he's good at higher math, but I'm AWFUL at it.

what do the numbers mean? aren't they reflecting percentage, meaning that 100 is average? why do typical americans have such high IQ then? is it, because texans are allowed to drag the median down?

my IQ has been at best something like 125 (random tests i took here and there) but that does not reflect me in a meaning full way, because i am like 70 with some tasks (math and language) and 160 with others tasks (spatial relations, understanding patterns/series ...). but i am not sure if even the latter reflect my true strengths, which lie in very abstract analysis - not of data but of live itself (character patterns, flow of progress and intention, direction of growth), but they seem slightly related to visual or linguistic patterns. i am also extremely slow in extracting the question/meaning from the written test instructions, so i loose in any time related test. i am generally slooow when interacting with a fucking peace of paper. i need to have every thought three times, to bring it one step further. i might loose my driving license if i have to do the so called idiot test again, because that involves connecting numbers on a piece of paper, which means that you need to have a sensorical precise map of the paper and your eyes need to obey or even just relate to your internal map. i cant close this loop, cant keep the loop of inside and outside alive. takes me ages. even taking those damn mbti tests takes me true eternities. like 30 minutes or an hour.

i once solved a rubics cube in like 20 seconds. i don't own one, so i don't know if i can always do it. i can throw dices/cubes and they give me the numbers i want, most of the time. lol. i can recognize an actor from behind (his ears or how he moves his body), when i zap into a movie and he wears clothing and hairstyle that he never had in a move i had seen before.