User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ha i posted the same thing twice lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

[QUOTE=Grayscale;385310]the problem here is that there is a difference between saying that IQ testing favors the intuitive style of thinking and that people who have a cognitive preference for intuition are better at IQ testing.

someone who commutes two hours to work and back every day may drive more on average than a professional NASCAR driver, but that doesn't mean they are better at it.

even if IQ was significant, it would be difficult to tie it to a type rather than cognitive functions... which wouldnt say much, since types are just order of preference of the same CPs.

lastly, if you were to correlate IQ to a CP, it would be a thinking function, it wouldnt make any sense whatsoever for it to relate to feeling, introversion, extroversion, sensing, or intuition as i would define it, just thinking... ie Ti or Te. type is still irrelevant, though, because even an IxFP or ExFJ could have a stronger thinking function than IxTP or ExTJ.

Mensa Fun Test

how would emotions prove useful here? how would an "ability to sense or know immediately without reasoning" going to help you solve mathematical problems? if the questions were truly intuitive, then they'd be too easy, most IQ tests want to test your critical thinking and reasoning skills. Let us look at the first question:

"Sally likes 225 but not 224; she likes 900 but not 800; she likes 144 but not 145. Which does she like?"

A) 1600
    B) 1700

Sally likes 1600, because being a square number is the only mathematical attribute that both fits all of the numbers she likes and differentiates A from B. She doesn't like 1600 because of some mystical bond she feels with it along with the the others, 1600 doesn't look anything like the others, and although someone might say they just intuitively "knew" it was 1600, the logical (ie, Tx) reasoning above is the only way

Four known recognitions of brain power:

Left-brained power [known as common sense or "intelligence"]

Right-brained power [someone with right-brained power can be known as gifted, intuitive or creative]

Wisdom [different than right or left brained power, because wisdom is the application and understanding of power where as the others are "potential" power. so wisdom is more so a second step]

Memory [robotic power, this person seen as quite smart because he can remember tons of facts and specifics from conversation and what not]

The INTP/INTJ proposition has come up before, and I would say most INTPs and INTJs are pretty even keel on the memory and leftbrainedness, not to say they are both leftbrained (for instance one person can be just as talented in leftbrainedness than another, yet one might be more talented in rightbrainedness and one less talented in rightbrainedness), but INTPs are known to usually have more talent in rightbrained power where as INTJs have more talent is wisdom. Wisdom would be the application of such left or right brained power. Js are usually (note I said usually) more wise because they practice their judging functions, theoretically. And it has been agreed upon that all Js practice their judging function most often. Wisdom as said is one of four ways to be smart. A perceiving function mostly involves a right brained activity, though every person has all four recognitions of brain power. ISFJs are known to have very good memory skills and I have noticed this from many of them. Memory and wisdom are a combination of left and right brained activity and are the two most closely related though not usually both applied to the same person. Just some insight on the four most recognized brain powers.

Source: experience

My friend is quite impractical yet he can remember almost anything he reads or anything I say right down to every detail.

Research I've done roughly correlates the four brain powers to the four temperaments. So if you fit best into one temperament you are more likely to have a certain brain power and here they are:

Phlegmatic is most likely to have advanced memory skills
    Choleric is most likely to have advanced wisdom
    Melancholic is most likely to have advanced leftbrainedness
    Sanguine is most likely to have advanced rightbrainedness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

hey kids, iq is like sex, the less you have the more you babble about it.

Get a room of something.
    (and stop taking those damn internet test that 'd make a cow look like einstein, i repeat, this is S A D )
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    In the post that I'm referring to, INxxs were listed in the following order of intelligence:

1. INTJ
    2. INTP
    3. INFP
    4. INFJ
    obviously as an NT with the identifier as 1 in the list (above) I'm going to be fully in agreement heh...

but in truth? whatever... i know when i was tested properly and had to take all the different tests in a controlled environment, I had a really nice IQ which only inflated my already massive ego (I'm kidding so don't take that seriously... damn text on page grrr)... yet, when I take those online tests my IQ is all over the board, usually ridiculously higher, though once I did one and it was really low, and I chalked it up to laziness (I skimmed and even checked a few things I didn't read).

I also found that because I spent a large part of my life doing nothing but traveling and learning about the world we live on, and not using my "IQ" that I had a later start than those with whom I went to uni.

Mind you at the same token, catching and passing them was - imho - more due to my experience, and less to do with the IQ scholastically.

Of course, it's 6 in the am and I'm still up having taken xmas eve as an advantage to update all the server farms, while sitting on a train to visit family...

yeah, i'm going to stop talking now... i think this is pretty much a ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    hey kids, iq is like sex, the less you have the more you babble about it.

Get a room of something.
    (and stop taking those damn internet test that 'd make a cow look like einstein, i repeat, this is S A D )
    Hehe, ENTPs can rest easily in this domain.

I've been trying to confirm my type and this might be helpful. What type of questions do other ENFPs get wrong on I.Q. tests? And what do ENTPs get wrong?

On the introverted intuitive thing I know some very high I.Q. INTPs. On the crap online test I saw many ENTPs scoring 150+ also.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't think I've ever met a stupid INTP. I don't think I've met a stupid INFP either (myself not included at this point.)
    I tend to agree that IQ means diddly squat, however for those of you who have dabbled in the field of giftedness, or have experience in being regarded so, should be familiar, with the difficulties faced once you get past an IQ of 130. The world simpily isn't built for those that don't fit nicely in the bell curve. Especially if they aren't identified and catered for. As most of you have said IQ can be a pretty poor determinent of success.
    Funnily enough, I don't think EQ is the best determinant of success either, but that's my humble opinion, I have nothing to back that statement up, other than my observations. I read the book, I can't remember the authors name, but I found the whole concept of EQ, rather misses the mark as well, mainly because I thought the author was a wanker. It's been a few years since I read it, but really, I don't think what he defines as a successful person and their characteristics lines up with my personal experience and observations.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I don't think I've ever met a stupid INTP. I don't think I've met a stupid INFP either (myself not included at this point.)
    I tend to agree that IQ means diddly squat, however for those of you who have dabbled in the field of giftedness, or have experience in being regarded so, should be familiar, with the difficulties faced once you get past an IQ of 130. The world simpily isn't built for those that don't fit nicely in the bell curve. Especially if they aren't identified and catered for. As most of you have said IQ can be a pretty poor determinent of success.
    Funnily enough, I don't think EQ is the best determinant of success either, but that's my humble opinion, I have nothing to back that statement up, other than my observations. I read the book, I can't remember the authors name, but I found the whole concept of EQ, rather misses the mark as well, mainly because I thought the author was a wanker. It's been a few years since I read it, but really, I don't think what he defines as a successful person and their characteristics lines up with my personal experience and observations.
    They did an IQ test at my school and I took a sick day because I hated all the achievement and being special stuff. The pretentiousness and often unfair bias that goes with it at some schools really annoys me. Just because you have a higher IQ doesn't mean you want to be some MENSA kid. Especially if you are an ENFP, rather than a thinking type. I did want the opportunity to do certain extension subjects later that they said I couldn't do, and it might've helped change their mind though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    They did an IQ test at my school and I took a sick day because I hated all the achievement and being special stuff. The pretentiousness and often unfair bias that goes with it at some schools really annoys me. Just because you have a higher IQ doesn't mean you want to be some MENSA kid. Especially if you are an ENFP, rather than a thinking type. I did want the opportunity to do certain extension subjects later that they said I couldn't do, and it might've helped change their mind though.
    I didn't think I was special. For the longest time I thought I wasn't that bright. It just turns out I was out of synch with the rest of my year. I had already been put up, a year. Also I had several learning disabilities as well, so I wasn't "obvious". My mother was also dead set against me getting special treatment, or even telling me. I found out on my last day of high school.
    It's hard being seen as the brainy kid. I wouldn't necessarily wish on any one, so I empathise with you. I do wish there were special programs in my school, but there were so many kids with severe learning problems, they couldn't afford the man power to cater for those on the other side of the scale.
    I don't consider myself elite, I consider myself as someone who wasted their gifts. There are some sites around if you want to check it out. It's an issue I haven't really address in my self yet. I can't quite face it yet.
    P.S. I know exactly what you mean about being XNFP, and bright. It kinda cuts you off from people, and really that's the last thing you want.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I didn't think I was special. For the longest time I thought I wasn't that bright. It just turns out I was out of synch with the rest of my year. I had already been put up, a year. Also I had several learning disabilities as well, so I wasn't "obvious". My mother was also dead set against me getting special treatment, or even telling me. I found out on my last day of high school.
    It's hard being seen as the brainy kid. I wouldn't necessarily wish on any one, so I empathise with you. I do wish there were special programs in my school, but there were so many kids with severe learning problems, they couldn't afford the man power to cater for those on the other side of the scale.
    I don't consider myself elite, I consider myself as someone who wasted their gifts. There are some sites around if you want to check it out. It's an issue I haven't really address in my self yet. I can't quite face it yet.
    P.S. I know exactly what you mean about being XNFP, and bright. It kinda cuts you off from people, and really that's the last thing you want.
    What is really terrible is being XNTP and not bright.

Listening to people talking about how brilliant they are in some ways, yet saying that they are not special and it doesn't even matter.... it's like nails on a chalkboard. I.Q. in itself is not intelligence, but it is at least one type of intelligence that is sometimes necessary for everyday activities. Lack of IQ related talents can be really painful to someone whose main goal in life is to learn.

</bitter, jealous rant of a non-gifted INTP>