User Tag List

Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1046

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

  1. #131
    IRL is not real Array Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    afterall, the goal of an IQ test isn't to measure intelligence but how well you do at school. no kidding.
    If that's true, then why not just look at someone's school grades? Those serve the same purpose: they measure how well you do in school, but not how "intelligent" you are. From your statement, it sounds like having both (IQ and school grades) is basically unnecessary.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-12-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: conclusion
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  2. #132
    Senior Member Array animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    If that's true, then why not just look at someone's school grades? Those serve the same purpose: they measure how well you do in school, but not how "intelligent" you are. From your statement, it sounds like having both (IQ and school grades) is basically unnecessary.
    hey i didn't make this shit up. the reason they made the IQ test was to see who would go into the streamed classes.wikipedia it or something.

  3. #133
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Doing well in school requires work, doing well on an IQ test much less so.

  4. #134
    Senior Member Array animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    In 1905 the French psychologist Alfred Binet published the first modern intelligence test called the Binet-Simon intelligence scale. His principal goal was to identify students who needed special help in coping with the school curriculum
    Intelligence quotient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #135
    Senior Member Array ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Doing well in school requires work, doing well on an IQ test much less so.
    True, to some degree, but IQ is rooted in the Stanford-Binet test, which is very much aligned with school testing. Course, you get into circular concepts here. It was meant to test for school, so it used school-liked questions, so doing well is... well... redundant.

    Not useless, it is predictive enough to be worthwhile, but... not exactly as meaningful as people make it out to be.

    edit: Or what the link above shows. Beat to the punch, meh.
    Last edited by ptgatsby; 10-14-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Bah humbug

  6. #136
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    School aptitude tests are similar to IQ tests. Doing well in school, as in getting good grades, is not. I know this from experience, always scoring 98-99th percentile on tests, yet receiving more Cs than anything else, because I didn't care.

  7. #137
    IRL is not real Array Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In 1905 the French psychologist Alfred Binet published the first modern intelligence test called the Binet-Simon intelligence scale. His principal goal was to identify students who needed special help in coping with the school curriculum
    Oh, well that's not quite what I thought you meant. And Jack makes a good point.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  8. #138
    Senior Member Array animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Oh, well that's not quite what I thought you meant. And Jack makes a good point.
    there's something missing in jack's point though, since what IQ tests measure is still your potential to learn, which is different from intelligence in general. your ability to take in information is not that same as your ability to think for yourself. there's also stuff such as creativity but i guess that's arguable.

  9. #139
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    there's something missing in jack's point though, since what IQ tests measure is still your potential to learn, which is different from intelligence in general. your ability to take in information is not that same as your ability to think for yourself. there's also stuff such as creativity but i guess that's arguable.
    I disagree. IQ tests do test knowledge, and often culturally specific knowledge. Not as much as a History test, but you need to know things to score well.

  10. #140
    Senior Member Array mlittrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    im pretty sure that INTJs statistically do better, but hey, why not an intuitive feeler. just because they are a feeler doesn't mean they can't be logical. i personally tend to be a very logical person if i need to do so.

    oh ya and IQ is irrelevant (im not saying that because mine is low, because mine is actually quite high), its EQ that makes the most difference
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

    "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Enneagram: 9w1

Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Determining Socionics type from MBTI type
    By Azseroffs in forum Socionics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?
    By Zarathustra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
  3. [E4] enneagram type 4 what mbti type matches up?
    By liYA in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 04:01 PM
  4. figuring out my socionics type from MBTI type
    By psyche in forum Socionics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
  5. Your MBTI type and your Socionics type
    By 527468 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •