User Tag List

Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    So I would say that, like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, although type might have an impact on I.Q., the way different types utilise that I.Q. also probably has quite an impact on something like grades, which one would naturally assume would correllate with I.Q.
    Yup, both IQ and "J" are significant factors in school... and in work, but largely in school.

The theory I currently most subscribe to is that school does in fact act as a economic signal more than impart significant value. In almost every case, IQ is still a better predictor of ability. The difference is that J correlates well with certain ethics - work ethic to written corporate ethics. In short, more discipline = better marks = signal for good work ethic. It was only recently that I realised that this is probably true regardless of discipline (I would put research and theoretical aside) after meeting both educated engineers and pratically taught engineers - I was unable to sort them out at all by education level. For all intents and purposes they were the same... and natural intelligence didn't seem to correlate at all. Some were from poorer countries and didn't get a chance (and surely would of gone otherwise) while some chose not to go. They still needed liscences to work with machinery, so there were barriers of entry that may of required some basic learning - I'm unsure if they took classes just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    The source was stated already ( http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/64599-post94.html ) You can answer the questions for yourself.

Less hip, more read.

Then link it.

I don't need another link to a post from you. You said this is the source and linked yourself. It sounds like you're not credible.
    Link the study, that's a basic principle. Otherwise, you're committing plagiarism.

On a side note, the 16 types are not reflected on the functions alone. To depict intelligence on IQ is not conclusive. To link the function 'Ne' is not conclusive. In doing that, you are putting ENTP's and ENFP's in the same category.

Symbol Jungian Type Myers-Briggs Types
    Fe Extraverted Feeling ESFJ ENFJ
    Fi Introverted Feeling ISFP INFP
    Ne Extraverted Intuition ENFP ENTP
    Ni Introverted Intuition INFJ INTJ
    Se Extraverted Sensing ESFP ESTP
    Si Introverted Sensing ISFJ ISTJ
    Te Extraverted Thinking ESTJ ENTJ
    Ti Introverted Thinking ISTP INTP
    Source: Functional Analysis of Psychological Types

They're different, obviously. Same goes for all of the other functions.. ESTJ's and ENTJ's are not alike.

Actually your study is worse than this. It lumps all Sensors and all iNtutives in one group. That's ridiculous, the reason why there are 8 sensing types and 8 intuitive types is that they are fundamentally different.

Also, the functions aren't singular identities, they all work together. Simply parts of a whole system. The parts are not representative of the whole. You've committed a fallacy. Splitting them apart lowers your accuracy in explaining a person's thoughts/behaviors. In short, your study is wrong.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hypomanic View Post

Then link it.

I don't need another link to a post from you. You said this is the source and linked yourself. It sounds like you're not credible.
    Link the study, that's a basic principle. Otherwise, you're committing plagiarism.
    Blah blah... If you read the post I linked to (to drive the point you haven't even taken a second to read the thread), the paper was referenced. There were only three lines. Take a second, slow down and read before you fly off the handle.

But here's your google search for you, in case you aren't able to copy and paste. ( The Relationship of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to IQ Level and the Fluid and Crystallized IQ Discrepancy on the Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test (KAIT). )

On a side note, the 16 types are not reflected on the functions alone. To depict intelligence on IQ is not conclusive. To link the function 'Ne' is not conclusive. In doing that, you are putting ENTP's and ENFP's in the same category. They're different. Same goes for all of the other functions. Also, the functions aren't singular identities, they all work together. Splitting them apart separates your accuracy in explaining a person's thoughts/behaviors. In short, your study is wrong.
    1) No functions were listed in that tally.
    2) The factors are considered independently. Like any other paper worth it's salt. Like any other instrument. (NEO, for example, since I'll assume you've read a paper that used that)
    3) Functions may work together, or not, but since it has nothing to do with what I posted (or the paper), how the instrument tests and the correlations being talked about, it's irrelevent here.
    4) In short, you don't really have a point to make and are just being antagonistic.

And wow, the rest of what you said shows that you barely even looked at the chart, nevermind the paper...

Okay, that makes sense. According to your source: "Mean Fluid, Crystallized, and Composite IQs for the four groups were about 110 for IN, 107 for EN, 101 for IS, and 100 for ES."

Mine's 120. This statement reflects the overall results better than the chart did.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP

My ENTP boss told me the other day about his father who is suffering from Alzheimer's. He is around 70 years old.
    He went to see his doctor for some tests (not sure what they were), and got the highest score ever recorded in Australia. The doctor then asked him if he could give him an iq test. His score:190.
    My boss was laughing because when they got home, his father kept boasting about being a genius. He took a hot pie out of the oven with his hands, and because he couldn't get rid of it fast enough ended up burning himself. My boss was laughing, saying "genius, yeah right".

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

before i say anything at all, please don't get offended by any of what i have to say. i am speaking in general. if you are an exception to the rule, i cannot argue against that.

personally, i think that N>S and T>F. well, at least having one of them makes you a smarter type. having both might not mean jack. maybe that's just me trying to be a more intelligent type .

i've started S vs N intelligence threads before. all N types in the literature have said to be 'typically bright'. i think that's no coincidence. we force ourselves to think outside the box and that builds nice neuro pathways or whatever. to me it's like training up a certain muscle. if your biceps are weak, you should lift some weights with it. do that enough times and it'll get stronger. simple as that.

as for T vs F, admittedly i want to say that it doesn't matter because of my own type. however, if we look at the S's, i think it's safe to say that the ST's are smarter than the SF's. to draw it out, it's the ISTJ's, ESTJ's, ISTP's and ESTP's vs the ISFJ's, ESFJ's, ISFP's and ESFP's. the latter group though have way superior social skills also tend to a lower income than all the other groups. i assume that this is due to intelligence.

if the OPer can link me to the articles about NF's, i'll be very grateful. don't know how much truth is in it, but it'll be cool making myself feel good

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

Perhaps lower income is due to ambition, rather than intelligence?

Or SFs decide that they have better things to do than just work all the time.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Perhaps lower income is due to ambition, rather than intelligence?

Or SFs decide that they have better things to do than just work all the time.
    very interesting hypothesis, but the thing is, i'm not sure that's true. i guess you could say that the T's are more interested in doing their job rather than socializing but the F's could be working harder to help their family too. and honestly, i do think those ST's are smarter than the SF's in general. this is just my personal experience.

MBTI
    INFP

I think IQs are bullshit sometimes no offense.
    I mean I fail miserably in math and they tell me I'm scored the highest in the "mathematical" section ?Lol just re-took it for the heck of it...PFT!
    ouch it dropped...122...
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    I think IQs are bullshit sometimes no offense.
    I mean I fail miserably in math and they tell me I'm scored the highest in the "mathematical" section ?Lol just re-took it for the heck of it...PFT!
    ouch it dropped...122...
    i agree. i think people here are talking intelligence in general and not just what IQ tests measure. afterall, the goal of an IQ test isn't to measure intelligence but how well you do at school. no kidding.

Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast