User Tag List

Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1046

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    xSTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    If you think that's what equality means, then well, I would point to the people who've already addressed this but they think they're smart for realizing it (it's about elementary school level I think, last I checked the curriculum there).

I mean google exists. There's no excuse for thinking the "equality" in social equality means the same thing it does in math, and there's definitely no excuse for pretending those people who's opinions you don't like think that's what it means.

Also that data you showed has a pretty flawed methodology for correlating giftedness let alone IQ. That's excluding all the times MBTI has failed to pass tests of validity. A quick scholar check is telling me that iNtuition is the only significant correlate, but you know, there's no proven dichotomy between N and S so it's not saying to much (I hope those aren't self-reported MBTI types, I actually didn't check that).

I've got some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that test was used during INTPcentral's IQ phase. They estimated it was exaggerating people's IQ there by about 11 points (standard deviation 15).

The good news is that people there had pretty specialized intelligence on average, and that test is very, very specialized. It's all Raven's Matrices. If you've got a weak spot in that one area of abstract pattern spotting it's going to make you seem a lot more dumb than you actually are.

lol

Maybe read some science with that "Stephen Hawkings" IQ of yours, you might get past centuries-old renaissance opinions.
    Or maybe i was talking out of my ass playing with concepts of how people think

When your this damn gifted all you have to do i open your eyes and it all pours in...lmao...sorry, i have an issue with playing with concepts, paths, etc. And being a smartass
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Or maybe i was talking out of my ass playing with concepts of how people think

When your this damn gifted all you have to do i open your eyes and it all pours in...lmao...sorry, i have an issue with playing with concepts, paths, etc. And being a smartass
    I know, it's hard to resist in a thread like this.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

My boyfriend is an INFP and he is exceptionally good at doing math problems that happen more obviously in day to day life. Statistical kind of math. But physics, calculus, or advanced algebra... Noo way! Haha.

Isn't there a study done that tested mbti and iq?

Senior Member Array ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I got 110 the first time and I had to rush through it on my lunch break; several answers were guesses based on my gut instincts; maybe I'd do better (or worse) if I'd taken the time to think about them. The thing about those patterns is that anyone can practice and train their brains to better solve them--they all follow a certain logic. I imagine it's possible to increase one's score considerably with said practice.
    I was going to make a thread about quarter-life cognitive decline, but checked back here and figured I'd just post here instead.

That test is a Raven's matrices test, it measures pure fluid intelligence.

Fluid intelligence is basically IQ (and creativity), as opposed to crystallized intelligence, which is pretty much just memory for information. Numerous studies show that fluid intelligence drops after adolescence - you basically lose any creative abilities or capacity to innovate and problem solve and have good ideas but make up for it by amassing a lot of information.

There's also the depressingly fixed nature of intelligence: it's genetic. You are born superior or inferior, your worth and place on the human hierarchy is written in your genes. I personally can never quite let go of the dream of improving intelligence, of being a better person myself, but the studies are so uncertain there's no way to be sure if any effort is worth it. Unless it becomes possible to actually improve IQ, it remains fact that someone with an IQ of 105 is vastly inferior as a human being than someone with an IQ of 175. Less useful, less interesting, less competent, with a less meaningful life.

EDIT: As I keep reading, there really does seem to be empirical changes in performance when people are trained for IQ tests. But here are also identifiable intelligence genes. Is it worth it try to become "more intelligent", or is it a waste of time?

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I think E.Q and S.Q are much more important
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    I think E.Q and S.Q are much more important
    Because they align with your values. I don't think there's an effective way of measuring anyone's value unless you've been around them, friends, or co-workers, or partners, for a long time. People change, adapt, and are better or worse under certain conditions and for vastly varying reasons. I, for one, become a useless shit when I'm first waking up full of allergic congestion and hating the world.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    Because they align with your values. I don't think there's an effective way of measuring anyone's value unless you've been around them, friends, or co-workers, or partners, for a long time. People change, adapt, and are better or worse under certain conditions and for vastly varying reasons. I, for one, become a useless shit when I'm first waking up full of allergic congestion and hating the world.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes Ghost liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

So, uhhhh... What's going on in here? Conversation seems to be all over the board.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf