User Tag List

Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1046

Thread: MBTI Type and I.Q.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    Are we allowed to post links from other personality sites? Because if I could do that it would be much easier. However, rather than risk it, I'll just post this.

This graph shows the MBTI types ranked more or less by IQ. Specifically, by likelihood to be gifted:

INTx are the smartest types, right there in black and white.

Now, the thing people don't/won't acknowledge is the intelligence and IQ is the main arbiter of a person's worth. Everything about you stems from your intelligence - your capacity for success, your ability to think and have ideas, your emotionality, stability, and sensitivity, even unlikely things like athleticism (I'm trying to find the source where I read this....there was a whole list) The high IQ person is basically a god among men, capable of perfection in anything and everything. Here's a list of all the things positively correlated with IQ. Is it any wonder the average always envy the gifted? Why wouldn't you be frustrated to have someone's existence constantly remind you of how worthless and useless you are, to always know that you are completely and utterly redundant, a living joke in your inherent incompetence?

Because that's what being a Sensor is. Living with that. S-types are useless, living constantly off the intellectual labor of NTs. Don't believe me? The entire civilized world was built by NT types, Sensors just live in it despite not deserving it or being able to contributing anything relevant to it's improvement or advancement.

The rather interesting thing is this graph also points out that emotion makes you stupid. NTs don't have much in the way of emotions (though some would claim they instead actually have the strongest, deepest emotions), and they are the most intelligent people in existence. No Feeler has ever accomplished anything of merit, certainly not a Sensor-Feeler (no Sensor-Thinker has ever accomplished anything of merit either, but still). Usually it seems like a stereotype that robotic unemotionality and quasi-sociopathic insensitivity equals intelligence, and it would seem that that's true as well.

That said, I'm an ISFP with an IQ of 101, by an actual test. Other scores and indicators have implied it's higher, but I doubt that considering my life and now my type.
    I'm having trouble actually believing you wrote this. I agree that INTx probably have the highest IQs, but that doesn't increase their worth to anyone but themselves. I mean, the inventions, contributions to the world, things like that, do benefit other people, but as far as "worth" goes, they're no more likely to be regarded as anything other than just another human being in this vast and crazy world, at least to people like me. Get off your high horse. Saying that someone with a very high IQ can make others feel bad about themselves is just nonsense. And Sensors don't deserve to live in the world? Huh? Feelers have never accomplished anything of merit? Living with F-types is useless? Those types contribute plenty to the world, just in a different way than INTx. And if the "average" have any self esteem at all (which doesn't come from having a high IQ), they don't envy the gifted. How pompous your post is. And you're an ISFP with an average IQ of 101? Nope, I don't believe you. Either you're undermining yourself, or you're a liar.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    As for me...I see no moral dilemma here necessarily. Just a real "if a tree falls in the forest..." feel. If my IQ was the same as Steven Hawking's but I sit around on my ass all day smoking cigarettes do I still deserve entry into the same clubs?
    Perhaps they don't want entry into the "clubs".
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Senior Member Array ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    You sound like you're still very young. You might be relieved or dismayed to know that most early 20s kids don't know what they want nor do they know yet what particular skill set suits them. You already have a leg up on most of those kids though because you're actually concerned about these issues (or why talk about them?) whereas they simply don't care enough to even do that. You don't like learning? Then why the fuck are you making these long posts about an assortment of issues? You must desire some kind of feedback to absorb ( even if its just to piss people off) or why bother?
    I'll be 22 in a couple months. I know I need skill sets and it bugs me I don't have any. Screwing around online is just that - screwing around online to pass time and feel like I have a life.

I guess what I mean by "I don't like learning"...I'm somewhat scared to go back to college, nor can I relate to a common "intelligent" person trait of wanting to know everyhting, having a passion for knowledge. I seldom read nonfiction unless I need to. There are things I'd like to learn, like to know, but...I can't make myself care. Yes, I do like feedback....I guess here I expected a debate or something.

I have, however, been obsessed with personality theory for the past three years or so, and rather obsessively self-analyzing. It's getting dull, but it leads to long, sometimes hysterical posts online. It's something.

I don't know, you write an awful lot someone who isn't a deep thinker. At least on the subject of your own psychology you go pretty deep, much deeper than I would go. A person who isn't a deep thinker wouldn't bother if they can't post it on twitter.
    Never cared much for social media. I mentioned above about obsessive self-analyzing - I think it kicked in when I started screwing up hard in college. Psychology itself is fascinating.

I guess there's a difference, that I make at least, between thinking deeply and thinking a lot; also between doing so naturally and developing it as a habit.

Where did you take the IQ test? Please don't say some online quiz
    Yes, it was an online quiz. Sorry. This one, to be specific.

Just like most intuitive introverts. You're not particularly a special case here.
    I'm a sensate introvert though. :/

LOL at the unicorn. I'll be perfectly honest, it doesn't seem like that common a thing though, to feel so disconnected, and not in a detached-observer kind of way. More like just a really-sheltered-and-never-bothered-to-look-outside-my-thoughts-kind-of-way.

God dammit, I thought I outgrew conversing like this on fora.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I'll be 22 in a couple months. I know I need skill sets and it bugs me I don't have any. Screwing around online is just that - screwing around online to pass time and feel like I have a life.

I guess what I mean by "I don't like learning"...I'm somewhat scared to go back to college, nor can I relate to a common "intelligent" person trait of wanting to know everyhting, having a passion for knowledge. I seldom read nonfiction unless I need to. There are things I'd like to learn, like to know, but...I can't make myself care. Yes, I do like feedback....I guess here I expected a debate or something.

I have, however, been obsessed with personality theory for the past three years or so, and rather obsessively self-analyzing. It's getting dull, but it leads to long, sometimes hysterical posts online. It's something.

Never cared much for social media. I mentioned above about obsessive self-analyzing - I think it kicked in when I started screwing up hard in college. Psychology itself is fascinating.

I guess there's a difference, that I make at least, between thinking deeply and thinking a lot; also between doing so naturally and developing it as a habit.

LOL at the unicorn. I'll be perfectly honest, it doesn't seem like that common a thing though, to feel so disconnected, and not in a detached-observer kind of way. More like just a really-sheltered-and-never-bothered-to-look-outside-my-thoughts-kind-of-way.

Seriously, I regularly score average on ONLINE tests, but I did quite well in college (psychology and philosophy) and now work in business. Don't let some silly little number from the Internet dictate what you can and can't do.
    Likes GIjade, Punderstorm, Starry liked this post

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I am up there with steven hawkins, all it means is i think and process crazy fast...so do computers and they have no life. Agree life is about what you do with it, not what you could do with it.

Attitude trumps IQ when it comes to importance, IMHO. It controls someones life more then IQ could ever dream of

What you said above about attitude kinda blew me out of the water because it's Truth and I don't think it would have occurred to me on my own. It is the only way to accurately assess what is in front of you without bias. Wisdom trumps intellect in my opinion as well (I actually think ISTP 9s to be some of the wisest folks around) and that doesn't come from numbers and genes. Wisdom comes from doing. From living with an open mind
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

When I have no stresses, I feel like a genius. Lol.
    Good Night Typology Central
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

Privileged Sh!tlord Array ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Hey that IQ test was pretty tough. I ended up with 119 first time and 124 second time on it. It's lower than the one I was tested on in a class so you should give yourself some leeway. I think anyone who gets over a 100 on that is above the curve. The fact that you feel like a detached observer indicates Ne in your higher stack. If I were to make guess I'd say INFP.

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Is it self-hate, or just un-PC realism? People aren't equal. There are superior and inferior people, and the clearest way to differentiate them is with IQ, or some other demonstration of intelligence.

And no, I'm dead serious.
    Ok, well I kinda agree with you. I find the obsession people have with 'equality' to stem from a misunderstanding of what 'equality' means - it's equality in right. We're never all going to be equal, as long as we have values / value things there's going to be some with more 'valued traits' than others.

Though I think there's multiple ways to contribute to one's society. I mean, I knew a very intelligent psychopath, he was a destructive / parasitic force rather than someone enriching his environment. Now ofc I'd assume you were talking about statistical trends rather than what one or other individual's worth might be like.

Furthermore I do think that human-type problem solving skills / intelligence is the main differenciating factor between human beings and well, any other animals on Earth but IQ - while correlated with something we could call intelligence - is of course not a 1:1 fit. I've known enough delusional morons with high iQs to know that it is only one factor amongst many. Though in my experience the higher the IQ the smarter people seem to be in general.

Lastly, when focusing on IQ people tend not to take into account that similar IQs might mean very different (relatively) brains. In general though it seems that high iq is primarily related to processing speed (brain myelination) / energy efficient of neurons and therefore size of activation patterns and duration of activation patterns in the brain. Faster than av. reflexes should also be a natural consequence - but I'd imagine other combinations of genes could give rise to high iq without all of the aforementioned through larger brains for example. (the iq / brain size correlation is 0.4 within genders if i recall properly)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    Hey that IQ test was pretty tough. I ended up with 119 first time and 124 second time on it. It's lower than the one I was tested on in a class so you should give yourself some leeway. I think anyone who gets over a 100 on that is above the curve. The fact that you feel like a detached observer indicates Ne in your higher stack. If I were to make guess I'd say INFP.
    Are you Peter Lee?
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I find the obsession people have with 'equality' to stem from a misunderstanding of what 'equality' means - it's equality in right. We're never all going to be equal, as long as we have values / value things there's going to be some with more 'valued traits' than others.

Though I think there's multiple ways to contribute to one's society. I mean, I knew a very intelligent psychopath, he was a destructive / parasitic force rather than someone enriching his environment. Now ofc I'd assume you were talking about statistical trends rather than what one or other individual's worth might be like.

Furthermore while I do think that human-type problem solving skills / ingelligence is the main differenciating factor between human beings and well, any other animals on Earth but IQ - while correlated with something we could call intelligence - is of course not a 1:1 fit. I've known enough delusional morons with high iQs to know that it is only one factor amongst many. Though in my experience the higher the IQ the smarter people seem to be in general.
    Bolded for emphasis.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."