User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Cady View Post
    Let me give you an example. Think about a strongly emotional strongly sensory individual let's say an ESFJ was watching a movie with two ENTP's. The movie is very dramatic and the ESFJ is totally caught up in the story. The ENTP's, however, keep talking about what's going to happen. They want to dissect what they see on screen, and are busy discussing why that police officer, who just got on the phone with the story's hero, is going to turn around and stab him in the back later. The ESFJ leaves and finishes the movie on her own.

Is the ESFJ introverted because she didn't want to join in on the conversation the two ENTP's where having?

It's similar for an ENTP in a room full of SF's (who unfortunately tend to make up the majority of the population). If we don't feel like taking part it doesn't mean we're more introverted, it just means we're having trouble relating.

An ENTP cut off from other Ne individuals or even Ni individuals may appear introverted when really it's just that no one around them is speaking their language. In such a situation it's natural for a ENTP to withdraw and fall back on their secondary Ti function.

An explanation for why this seems to intensify as we age could simply be the frustration of continuously going out and trying to connect to people through Ne and continuously being shot down. A mentality develops:

"Why do I even bother going out or trying to spend time with people? I'm not like any of them and none of them get me! Everyone is so trivial!"

At least that's how things occasionally seem to me. I think a solution is to actively seek out other intuitive thinkers and try to build a close bond with them. I wish Ne's were easier to find
    I feel almost the same... And I everytime think how I'm Introvert because of that, but then when i'm around other Ns, I see that I'm definately Extrovert... I feel so recharged.
    Lack of topics with Ss is so awful, at college, before class... they are so boring. uh.

... but since I found out about MBTI (1 month ago), some things are better, but more things are worse, I think, I've been using ENFPness as an excuse for being lazy, too edgy, stuborn, unresponsible.. it's not good.

MBTI
    INFJ

What an interesting post! My husband and his best friend are both ENTP's and this is a familiar issue. They both characterize it as impatience/very low tolerance for boredom. My husband says it's like the walls start closing in on him. I've seen him get up and walk away in the middle of a conversation many times. It's an "N" thing, though, not an "I" thing. All of the posts here confuse introversion with antisocial behavior, which is misguided, to say the least! Synarch characterized it best in his post as being social usually means a lot of "you" stuff and NT is not necessarily strong on this, although ENTP, according to Keirsey, is very strong on social systems -- "systems" being the key word. This isn't touchy-feely stuff, but analytical, and if ENTP gets too bogged down in stroking someone's ego without getting anything intellectually rewarding from it, then they tend to get bored. I've seen my husband and his ENTP friend be the star of the show over and over again in social situations where they're meeting new people -- especially useful business contacts -- they analyze, figure out the right thing to say to get these people to really, really trust them and they pretty much control the conversation down to the last detail. But once it becomes humdrum and there's not much in it for them, they shut down and their brains go elsewhere.

MBTI
    ENTP

I need lots of time to myself. I go crazy if I don't get it. I have often gone to the extreme of going alone to a foreign country where I don't speak the language, just to guarantee that I can spend a week without anyone really talking to me or having to talk to anyone. My sleep patterns get completely screwed up because I can't survive without spending at least two or three hours alone each day, so the later the kids go to bed/visitors leave, the later I go.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp

know what else is weird?

all save one IXXXs i know like to do everything in a group

all the EXXXs, especially me, have no problem doing anything by ourselves

although that might be a T/F thing

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    know what else is weird?

all save one IXXXs i know like to do everything in a group

all the EXXXs, especially me, have no problem doing anything by ourselves

although that might be a T/F thing
    I noticed yesterday in college something similar...

we had presentations, public, like in front of 100 people... and we could sit and do it, or stand up... I noticed 80% extroverts prefered sitting (didn't feel completely comfortable in doing public speach)... and all extreme introverts (like girls that don't speak EVER!) were standing and doing presentation. Were completely comfortable. (!)
    It was interesting to notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I noticed yesterday in college something similar...

we had presentations, public, like in front of 100 people... and we could sit and do it, or stand up... I noticed 80% extroverts prefered sitting (didn't feel completely comfortable in doing public speach)... and all extreme introverts (like girls that don't speak EVER!) were standing and doing presentation. Were completely comfortable. (!)
    It was interesting to notice that.
    I have a theory about this.
    Since I am exactly the case you are talking about.

I am good in doing public speeches what is not that strange actually.
    I am expresses INTJ which means that when I am doing it I don't play attention to people that much. Instead I am fucused on what I am saying so I get too busy with that to pay any real attention to audience.
    Another thing is that I don't really care what they think about me. What is not the case with Es (especially with EFs.)
    Plus I tend to be prepared. So there is no need for me to be worried.

My natural communication style is more focused on what has been said then emotions, body language and group dinamics.

So I have a good chance to make people uncomfortable.

One of my biggest pet-peeves are what I term 'fickle' topics. I am all for, and can pick up pretty fast, when say, a 'boy problem' is really an issue, and, I am all for discussing it, and theorizing motivations, psycho-bullshit-analyze etc.
    But, most often than not, friends, acquintances, etc...when they talk of 'boy issues', gah, it's like a bitch-fest. Talking just to talk, to get the mouth to move. Or, talking about, 'what did you do today? where did you go? Guess what I bought!' or, gossip, 'did you hear this person did this...?'

Literally, I find those conversations boring, boring, and, frustrating to have to pay attention to, and, if I'm polite, I will sit there and zone them out, otherwise, I literally get up and walk the fuck away. I have been called a jerk quite often for this.

My INFJ gets pissed sometimes, cuz he'll be telling me about a story or his day, at work, and I interrupt, "Is is out of the ordinary? Is there a point to this story you're aiming to illustrate? Did you get some particular insight through this occurance? Something exciting happen?"

"No, just telling you what happened"

"Okay, don't bother telling me because I will be too bored to listen."

I detest idle chatter, unless it's the idle/wacky/weird association kind. And, I may come off 'not people-person liking' for it, sometimes. But, I can totally fake interest if I am aiming for means to an end, though.

Antisocial, yup, I thought about all those options, it's true. But I wasn't considering were those presentations good or bad, just who prefered sitting and who prefered standing.... It's probably because Itroverts pay more attention to what they will say and topic, and less to enviorment... guess so..

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Antisocial, yup, I thought about all those options, it's true. But I wasn't considering were those presentations good or bad, just who prefered sitting and who prefered standing.... It's probably because Itroverts pay more attention to what they will say and topic, and less to enviorment... guess so..
    I know you didn't.
    I am just offering insights.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm definitely becoming more introverted with age.
    u r starting to use your Ti when you age.
    thus making you more internally analytical, making you more balanced.