User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

both of the entps i know can seem quiet, propbably because the type is naturally contemplative. enfps seems to also be like this but due to their Feeling function they have a greater need to connect with others and express themsevles which makes them less reserved. i had wondered if Ne makes quiet extraverted children.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    My theory has always been that I have introverted tendencies because society is vaguely to highly uneasy with ENTPs, especially female ones. So we've been conditioned to avoid certain social situations because we'd have to suppress ourselves to fit in. Why bother doing that when one could read a book instead?
    This sounds very familiar!

Even when I'm hanging out with my friends, if I fully "let loose" I almost ALWAYS get weird stares or questioned.

It happens even when it comes down to the smallest things. For example, I'll say how a certain thing that just happened reminds me of some other random thing, and I'll get interrogated on how it relates and why I thought that. Then my reason is broken down into little bits to show me why it makes no sense.

Whenever I meet new people, I know that what I naturally want to say will be looked down upon and I'll be viewed as "wierd", so I put on an act that is basically a dumb-down version of myself, and drop it once I know someone relatively well.

I also have a hard time holding a long-term conversation with someone comfortably unless I know them extremely well.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Ne is less about people more about random ideas, projects and invention. I was considered extroverted as a child but not now, like others have said, ENTPness is more socially accepted when suppressed, so meh, give up, shut up.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

*Maybe when ENTPs get older they try to form their articulation in a fasion to better fit others comfort zones.*
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    This sounds very familiar!

Even when I'm hanging out with my friends, if I fully "let loose" I almost ALWAYS get weird stares or questioned.

It happens even when it comes down to the smallest things. For example, I'll say how a certain thing that just happened reminds me of some other random thing, and I'll get interrogated on how it relates and why I thought that. Then my reason is broken down into little bits to show me why it makes no sense.

Whenever I meet new people, I know that what I naturally want to say will be looked down upon and I'll be viewed as "wierd", so I put on an act that is basically a dumb-down version of myself, and drop it once I know someone relatively well.

I also have a hard time holding a long-term conversation with someone comfortably unless I know them extremely well.
    get an intp friend.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    get an intp friend.
    I've got one and he understands me, which is interesting. I don't have to filter anything with him because he's just as funky as me.

On the other hand I have the tendency to want to do the filtering for both of us in social situations. He tends to not filter himself at all and I feel like things he says can reflect poorly on me. Therefore, me being the weirdo will say things to divert attention away from the subject at hand.

MBTI
    ENTP

Here's how it works for me.

With people like strangers I will never see again I am comfortable. I play a role. I play the 2D version of myself. Synarch-lite. All smiles and game questions about YOU. What do YOU do? Tell me about YOU.

When trying to make friends with new people, when trying to connect, I can become suddenly uncomfortable and quiet because I am so guarded. Because I have a hard time letting people see into my interior. Intimacy is hard to achieve for me and takes a lot of time and patience on the part of the other person because I am so timid when it comes to intimacy. Conversely, this is also why I tend to fall for people who can see through me and into me and provide what I really need naturally. I've noticed that most of the important people in my life are very patient and accepting of me, despite my flaws and unruliness.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    On the other hand I have the tendency to want to do the filtering for both of us in social situations. He tends to not filter himself at all and I feel like things he says can reflect poorly on me. Therefore, me being the weirdo will say things to divert attention away from the subject at hand.
    I have an INTP brother. I totally did this growing up. He would be unable to read the situation and would be *gasp* TOO weird, so I'd have to cover his tracks.

Then one day I realized that he means way more to me than whoever I was trying to seem "normal" to. So I stopped. Mostly.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I've got one and he understands me, which is interesting. I don't have to filter anything with him because he's just as funky as me.

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    I have an INTP brother. I totally did this growing up. He would be unable to read the situation and would be *gasp* TOO weird, so I'd have to cover his tracks.

Then one day I realized that he means way more to me than whoever I was trying to seem "normal" to. So I stopped. Mostly.
    ha, thats funny. i was intitially going to add onto my comment, "you'll look normal by comparison".
    its good for both to be finally able to stretch and use their Ne wings. liberating and fun.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I was wondering, besides the fact that most entp are prolly socially introvert because they dont want to look insane: Couldnt it be that they are too, because their thinking or namely one of the only two rational functions they have is weaker and put on place two ?
    I doubt it. In regard to the function order, the same can be said for ESFPs and ESTPs and they’re the most blatantly stereotypical of the Extroverts. Both of them possess dominant Perceiving functions yet they’re very clearly in the Extravert box (Captain Kirk would be your stereotypical ESTP). Everything I’ve seen leads me to believe that Intuitive Extraverts, especially ENTxs are just very unsociable for Extraverts. This is largely because of the amounts of Intuitives and thus the amount of Intuitively geared conversations they’ll run into are just very rare in comparison to the amount of Sensor geared conversations that Sensing Extraverts will run into. The majority of people are interested in small talk and that stuff doesn’t interest ENTxs. This is compounded even more by the fact that unlike ENFxs, Extraverted Rationals don’t have an inherent interest in people and their values.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox