User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Night Terrors

MBTI
    ESFJ

Jeez ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Oh yeah, Ive suffered from night terrors since I was a kid.
    Funny, I was talking about this last night.

I don't ever get up and run around [though my brother used to]. I just sit up really fast, gasping or screaming, filled with an overwhelming sense of fear, with nothing to link it to sometimes. The screams are always cut off.. I wake up realizing I'm screaming and stop. A couple of times Ive done that and people heard, came in and asked wtf was going on and I just burst into tears like a little kid.. again not knowing why. but it'd last under a minute and I'd feel ridiculous and go back to sleep.

There are occasions where I don't recall it happening at all; people gingerly ask me about it the next morning. They seem concerned or freaked out, but, it's more or less a sleep disturbance, occurring in the same deep sleep cycle as other sleep disturbances like, sleepwalking, or bruxism.

Sometimes there'll be a flash of an image, like a spider on my pillow or a dark figure loomng over me. Or someone whispering or yelling. I wake up not knowing where I am for a second or two sometimes. It helps to be able to see something when I wake up. Recognition.

It happens once every few months. I keep a nightlight on. Not because I'm afraid of the dark, but it helps me readjust to my surroundings faster upon waking. I can't seem to find any specific triggers for their frequency.. They happen just as often when I'm stressed/not stressed, eating/sleeping normally or otherwise, etc.

Since I've dealt with them for as long as I can remember, they don't tend to interfere with my waking life too much. i just consider them to be synaptic misfirings. I detach, rationalize it, and go back to sleep.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

Sometimes there'll be a flash of an image, like a spider on my pillow or a dark figure loomng over me.
    Yeah, that's why I personally prefer to live in gentrified areas, even though the rent is higher.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ISTP

Never had night terrors (or even any sort of "bad" dream). I did have some major sleepwalking as a child, and occasionally still do. However, mine was very odd....I'd actually coherently do things while asleep. Like go and use the bathroom, and return to bed properly. But be totally asleep and not remember it, and if someone tried to talk to me while I was I'd talk a little bit, then stop and continue what I was doing....
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah, that's why I personally prefer to live in gentrified areas, even though the rent is higher.

Well at that point I'm pretty sure I'd end up with some creepy figure looming over me in the dark for real.
    I'm sure you might enjoy that, Edgar, but I do not...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Author, you were trying to be an intuitive. I sometimes get night terrors, but much less intense. I wake with a falling, scared senation, but I quickly recover in about 10 seconds the moment I realize I'm pressing into the floor.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Author, you were trying to be an intuitive..
    ??

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    ??
    That's what I thought. Can't anyone ask a question anymore?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Hahahahahaha.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

i cant believe i found thread about night terrors.

When i was young i use to get them alot, i mean alot, i use to dream that stationary was attacking me, i also always dreamt my teddy bears were possesed and would come alive and hurt me if i didnt treat them well, i was also always afriad of the dark and what the dark deep shadows contained.
    when i had them i would run into my parents bedroom at 3:00 am and i just use to just stand there and stare into the distance like i was possesed and i would be breathing really fast, this happened for about 6 years and every time my dad would get out of bed and take me back to my room.

I also no that my INFJ cousin would get these when she was young, she use to walk aroung the house screaming until, my aunty would walk her back to bed.