User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Night Terrors

MBTI
    ISTx

I've never even sleep walked to my knowledge. I might rarely talk in my sleep but even that hasn't been verified by anyone.

I think you have to be in a pretty deep state of sleep to experience things like this. I'm a hella light sleeper.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

One time, I was charging my phone and kept it on my night table, plugged in. In the morning, it was under me. Unplugged and everything in place. :S

MBTI
    LoLz

This has just shaken me up a lot since it happened. I slept fine last night, so I hope it'll go away now.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

My brother had night terrors as a child. He would sprint around the house as fast as he could, just screaming his head off. It was so bad that my mom had to tackle him to the ground once.

As for me, I don't have sleep related issues. I only get the occasional weird things that happen through the night that I don't remember. Like switching my bedding to the foot of my bed or tying the sheets around my leg when I'm asleep.

I did that once and tried to get up for my morning. I crumpled to the floor as I jumped out of bed and it took me 10 minutes to get the blood flowing back to my leg.

MBTI
    ENTP

I woke up once after seeing Dragon Slayer in kindergarten and swore I saw a dragon on the end of my bed. It scared me.

Interestingly, I had a great dream last night that jolted me awake:

I was in prison and fighting a man in a blue jade or glass mask who wanted to kill me. He appeared to be Mayan or hispanic as his skin was brown and smooth. As I woke I was trying to make him choke and drown on his own gouts of blood by holding his head down after stabbing him with a drinking glass. His blood bubbled like a fountain from his mouth. Then I smashed his face repeatedly into the cement floor as other ppl watched and waited to see if I would win. Then they would try for me too.

I remember as he climbed into my cell to fight that the narrator said something like "I attempted to cut him with the glass cup before he tried to kill me. I tried to stab and stain him with blood. But I didn't realize that some people are long accustomed to such pretty stains."
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I never had any sleep related issues, so I have no experience. But I know that my INFJ got issues like that. It was mostly sleep walking with her, when she started to cook at 2 am not noticing whats going on and not remembering it afterwards.

It's not funny and she eventually hat to visit something like a sleep hospital to have the symptoms watched. With age eventually she quitted sleep walking.
    I was referred to a sleep clinic once as although i did sleepwalk quite often on one occasion i had woken once in the night to find myself trying to get out my bedroom window, i think i wanted fresh air. Complete arsehole the bloke was. He just told me that sleep walking was heredatory, told me to blame one of my parents and that i would grow out of it. Tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfism View Post
    Your spider dream sounds exactly like my dream. I should mention that for me, it is usually when I am about to fall asleep as well!

I also have another dream that is similar to my insect dream in terms of thinking that it is real. I would see some sort of wire hanging from my closet and it would be moving as if being pulled by someone. Then I wouldd snap out of it.
    I don't think my dreams for the most part are relevant to my life. I just think it is freaky that i seem to remember quite a few of them. Its the intricate detail that astounds me. In real life, i don't usually pay much attention to detail, i always just do quick scans (thats why i have so many bruises all over my body). My dreams however, the detail is amazing. The WW2 dream where a load of houses had been bombed on my street (like i said, most of my dreams focused/started in my bedroom or my house) and i looked out my window and was just flabergasted by the destruction. The way the bricks had fallen, part upright houses. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    As for me, I don't have sleep related issues. I only get the occasional weird things that happen through the night that I don't remember. Like switching my bedding to the foot of my bed or tying the sheets around my leg when I'm asleep.

I did that once and tried to get up for my morning. I crumpled to the floor as I jumped out of bed and it took me 10 minutes to get the blood flowing back to my leg.

Lmao, classic .. I have woken to myself by my bedroom door with my duvet with me. Everytime i just think wtf, now i have to make my bed, then get back to sleep. *sigh* lol.

I just think when i sleep i am either going another realm and tripping. The aliens are playing tricks with my mind. OR i am just freaking crazy with an over active imagination. The latter sounds about right.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had night terrors when I was a kid - a couple times.

I've even had a couple as an adult - though they have been spread out over years.

Usually, there is something I'm up against. An impossible task and I have to do it. Failure is not an option because I'm given all eternity to get it done but it's still impossible.

I remember one I had 4-5 years ago. Something I was dreaming about bothered me - I left my bedroom and went into the kitchen to talk about it with my family.

But after they saw me, I remember they were just looking at me strangely then looking at each other like, "Something's wrong with him..". I couldn't communicate at all about the uneasiness I felt it felt like I was moving, speaking, and thinking in slow motion.

Finally I heard something that made sense. My mom said, "Do you want to go back to sleep?" I nodded, and then *bam* it's like I woke up all of the sudden but couldn't remember why I had walked in there.

My family realized I had woken up and they ask me if I remembered what I had been doing. They said, "You were just standing there looking at the floor. We thought something was wrong because you weren't answering us."

Yeah... that stuff is frea-kyyyyy...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i have found that my dreams are more disturbing and my sleep is less refreshing when i have not been physically active enough during the day. i think that when a person is more physically exhausted at night their body and mind shuts down a bit more and allows them to sleep deeper and more relaxed.

i sleep extremely heavy, like the dead, i have fallen out of hammocks and slept through surprising things. i set 3 alarms for the morning and wake up only for the third, that is no joke, and the alarm has to be right by my head at full volume. i personally credit my deep sleep to being exhausted at the end of the day. if a person is more physically drained their mind may not have the energy to sabotage itself with such ridiculous dreams. but then, that is coming from an ISTP who thinks that physical activity trumps all.

also, i do not sleepwalk or tie my sheets around my leg, but i do talk in my sleep sometimes, apparently coherently, and answer questions that are asked of me.

MBTI
    ESFJ

^^ Not in my case unfortunately. I have always been a very active person. I was a 'get up in the morning and don't stop until i fall sleep' kind of person and still my mind would be in overdrive.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Never had a terror, but watching your mother get shot then reanimated as a robot who says she can love you anymore and you're only two at the time it can be terrifying. Funny thing is, when I woke up my mother could hardly care while my father let me stay with him all night.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]